Dasha analysis is used to time events in life. The planets control your life in a sequence called the Dasha. There are several Dasha systems, of these the Vimshottari is generally applicable, accurate and is the first Dasha system you learn.
The Maha-Dasha sequence is,
- Ketu Mahadasha 7yrs,
- Venus mahadasha is the longest at 20 yrs,
- Sun Mahadasha 6 yrs,
- Moon Mahadasha 10 yrs,
- Mars Mahadasha 7 yrs,
- Rahu Mahadasha 18 yrs,
- Jupiter Mahadasha 16 yrs,
- Saturn mahadasha 19 yrs
- Mercury Mahadasha is for 17 yrs.
Thus the human lifespan is total of 120 yrs. Depending on the exact position of your birth Moon, ie the Nakshatra and the degrees, you will begin your life sequence. Ensure that you have your accurate birth time else there is no point in calculating Dasha. Not everyone will experience all the 9 graha Mahadasha during their lives.
Considering Saturn’s current transit in his own Capricorn which will be followed by his transit in Aquarius, if you are going through the Saturn Mahadasha (or even his antar-dasha in other planet’s mahadasha-s) at this point of time, you will experience high intensity results. Depending on if Saturn is favourable or not for you, these results will be auspicious and helpful to you, or not.
- If your birth moon Nakshatra is Pushya, Anuradha or Uttarabhadrapada then at the time of your birth you had the Saturn Mahadasha going on. The balance of the planet’s dasha period remaining at birth is calculated using the location (degree minute second) of the Moon in the nakshatra.
- For the other birth Nakshatra, Saturn Mahadasha can occur at any point of time in life in the sequence.
- Saturn will also influence you during his sub-periods, ie Antardasha, in other planet’s Mahadasha ie main periods.
So open your Vedic software, the Dasha section. If there are options here, choose the Vimshottari Dasha system. See which planet’s Mahadasha is going on for you. If this is the Saturn Mahadasha then this post is for you.
If you were born in Saturn Mahadasha. You were always a mature and responsible little person even as a child. Possibly your parents were working hard and you did not get much time with them in your childhood. Maybe your grandparents or someone elderly took care of you. You are serious at your core, punctual about time and meticulous about work. You live within your means, do not waste anything. Time is precious to you. You have schedules and tasks to perform. You are stable, sincere and dependable. You are friendly with everyone, but you do not have close life-time friendships. You generally get along with people older or more mature than you. Life unfolds rather predictably, slowly but surely, you gain wealth, social prestige and recognition, especially so after your late thirties.
If you go through your Saturn Mahadasha later in life. It is very long period, 19yrs and a lot can happen in this time. Here you will be more focussed on your work, social presence, the process of ‘settling down’. If you are older than 36yrs, then this time can be quite productive as you harness the power of Saturn in the real sense and grow.
Generally, Saturn in his Mahadasha, will make you work systematically to work off your karma. Whichever houses Saturn is linked to, he will give you tasks to perform. Whatever aspect of your life is linked to him will be your ‘work-place’ for these 19yrs. He expects dedication, sincerity and honesty. So expect social obligations, duties to the parents and elders, earning prestige and social position, gaining assets and wealth, working within the restrictions of social law, he will keep you busy for these 19 yrs. This will be a character building time, he is polishing your personality. There will be crises from time to time, he will test you. He will force you to become efficient, budget, fully utilise what you have and appreciate the use of your assets. Your hidden talents will be pushed out in the open. What you desire is irrelevant to him as he has your own karmic agenda to enforce. There might be an underlying sense of loneliness or weariness during this time but there will be focus. He generally does not grant emotional satisfaction as he systemically removes all illusions, misplaced hopes, unwarranted expectations and brings you face to face with the practical reality. But there will be a sense of a job well done. He will reduce your tolerance for hypothetical or impractical or dreamy stuff. You will be granted practical knowledge about real material things, tangible stuff. If you work, then he will ensure that you get your exact rightful gains. His energies are slow, subdued and spread over a longer period of time. Events roll out slowly but steadily here. He can delay things but does not deny you what you deserve. If you accept his influence, these 19yrs will be a very productive time. If not then it can get hopeless.
Saturn Mahadasha is 19yrs long, so each of the nine sub-periods are also long and can extend upto 3yrs. Analyse the lords of the sub-periods/ Antardasha to get a clearer idea of how things will unfold.
Most people are scared of Saturn but he is the embodiment of the material we see around us. All social structures, hierarchies, markets, trade, commerce, rules, regulations, etc require Saturn’s blessings to prosper. If the Saturn Mahadasha comes in mid-life then this period can grant successes all of life’s major activities like education, job, family etc. Saturn’s energies for material growth are best utilised at this age. The only condition is that you should be willing to work hard in a regular and disciplined manner.
Saturn is Yogkarak for Taurus and Libra ascendants so will give favourable results for these people. He is the owner of Capricorn and Aquarius so he always supports people with these two ascendant signs as the ascendant lord. For the other ascendant signs you have to check the individual charts in depth, for his role in the chart.
- If Saturn is well-placed and capable of auspicious results, then these 19yrs can be an extraordinary period, full of work, achievements, social mobility, professional successes, growth and fame. You will make more friends, contacts, people who think and act like you. For people who are in politics, governance or need social visibility he will help. If he is in his own sign or sign of exaltation or aspected by benefics or even in a Kendra or a Kona house supported by auspicious planets, then too he will support you during his Mahadasha.
- If Saturn is unfavourable for you then expect issues connected to health, property, wealth, profession, litigations etc. Medical conditions related to skin, nerves, bones, ‘dryness’ in the body parts and ageing related diseases can pop during this time. There will be detachment, frustrations, restlessness, denial and loneliness on the mental front. Legal issues with the government. Delays and challenges in the parts of life he influences. He will also give the strength to endure the distress he will cause, but life will be more difficult than average during this period. Some things will be spoilt forever. But even though there may be troubles, they will not stretch continuously for 19 yrs. The underlying theme may be Saturn’s but the lords of the sub-periods also have their say. If the lord of the Antar-dasha is favourable then the troubles will reduce in his antardasha.
If you feel that this is all beyond you at the beginner level, I have written two posts on a quick analysis for the sub-periods based on which houses these the planets own (here and here).
Now to tailor the Mahadasha predictions for your personal life. This requires some basic understanding of Jyotish. Each horoscope is unique and will have its own unique analysis. This post is to help you learn.
Step 1 is to analyse the power of Saturn in your chart.
You should know what Saturn controls in your life and the power he has to deliver his results. You should know what he is going to give you, only then predicting the timing will be of any use. So analyse your Saturn as follows,
- Saturn in your basic birth chart
- Which house and in which sign is he placed in? Which parts of your life is he controlling?
- Eg Saturn in 3rd house will be your siblings, income from trade, your hands, the internal confidence to take necessary actions, skills, practicality, etc.
- Which houses does he own? Where are Capricorn and Aquarius signs placed in the chart?
- Eg Capricorn placed in the 11th house will mean that Saturn is in charge of your friend circle, like minded groups, all gains in life, money from speculation, older siblings, etc.
- Eg Aquarius in the 5th house, means that Saturn is connected to your education, children, students, creativity, confidence, genius, etc.
- Marak – If Saturn connected to the 2nd, 7th or 8th houses then you must check the longevity aspects. If the longevity is at an end, then he can indicate the timing or cause of physical death in his Dasha periods.
- Is Saturn exalted/ debilitated? How comfortable is he in the sign he is occupying? Naturally an exalted planet will give more pleasing results than a debilitated one.
- Is he retrograde?
- Or combust?
- Which planets is he conjoint/ aspected by?
- Which other aspects of the personality is he influencing or being influenced by? If he is influenced by benefics then more favourable and pleasing results.
- eg Saturn aspecting or conjoint Rahu can give a rather intense personality.
- What kind of power does he have.
- Has he matured?
- Is his maturity being held back by conjunction with later maturing planets? Planets give more sensible results after maturity. His Dasha period after maturity will give more useful results.
This detailed analysis will tell you which aspects of your life will be more in the foreground as your Saturn mahadasha rolls on. Be clear on his karakatva, ie all that he stands for in your chart, before predicting anything.
Do these next only if you are an advanced student, else you might end up confusing yourself
- Saturn in the Navamsha D 9 chart.
- Do this same analysis using the divisional chart 9. The Navamsha chart will give a perspective on the sub-conscious expectations and the sum total of Saturn’s potential.
- Saturn in the birth Moon chart.
- You can repeat this same analysis in your birth Moon chart to see how Saturn Mahadasha is going to affect you on the emotional aspects of your life. The birth Moon chart is the same as your D1 birth chart, just that the sign containing the birth Moon is counted as the 1st house.
Step 2 is to analyse the power of the Sub-period lords
Smaller sub-periods within the main period/ Mahadasha are called successively Antar-dasha, Pratyantar-dasha, Sookshma-dasha and Pran-dasha. The logic on how to analyse these even smaller units remains the same for each planetary owner of the sub/sub periods. The lord of the sub-period will give his results within the broad framework of the overarching Saturn’s power.
- Find out the power of the sub-period planetary lord and the aspects of life that he controls just like you did for the Saturn above.
- Eg if the Saturn Mahadasha and Moon antardasha. you will have to find out both Saturn’s and Moon’s power to give results.
- Analyse the relationship between the Saturn and the sub-period owner planet. Are they friends/ neutrals/ enemies?
- If they are in the uncomfortable 6/8 axis from each other then that sub-lord’s sub-period will not be so comfortable.
- If they are in the 5/9 axis or 3/11 axis the sub-period will give significant gains.
- Eg if Saturn Mahadasha and Jupiter Antardasha. Both are neutral to each other.
- If Saturn is in 5th house and Jupiter in 9th house. Both are in the pivotal Kona houses, and in the powerful 5/9 axis from each other. This could be one of the best periods of your life.
- If Saturn in 3th house and Jupiter in 8th house. This time will not give good results, as there will be turbulence in life related to the 3rd and 8th house keywords.
Do this next only if you are an advanced student, else you might end up confusing yourself
- Step 3 is the routine transits of the planets.
- These can the modify results indicated by the Dasha to some extent. So draw your birth chart (D-1) on a paper and superimpose the current planetary positions on it. Use a different coloured pen so that you can make sense of the composite chart you are drawing. Analyse how the transits are affecting the planets. We use the dasha+transits to fine tune events.
- Ashtakvarga, Janma-nav-tara, Moorti nirnay, Ashtapadmadala chakra etc are some of the ways you can analyse transits depending on your level of skill.
Now with this background, let’s briefly analyse the Saturn Mahadasha and its Antardasha/ sub-periods. This is just a starting point for you to base your own analysis on.
1. Saturn antardasha follows the Rahu antardasha in the Jupiter Mahadasha.
- This period sets the tone for the next 19yrs of your life. This is the first sub-period in sequence so if this time goes reasonably well for you then the rest of his Mahadasha too can be expected to go well. If this period is not going well, ie if problems erupt with no solutions or issues in profession and relationships etc then you must take corrective actions, ie Daan or Mantra, which will help alleviate the problems caused by Saturn.
- If Saturn in your birth chart is capable of favourable results then you will be kept busy and you will get the due credits. There will be progress on the social, professional and material front. Increased work, lesser time for leisure, more responsibilities, perhaps a promotion, more interactions with the society etc. Marriage and children are also possible which create a sense of maturity.
2. Mercury antardasha
- Saturn considers Mercury as a friend. Mercury is neutral to him.
- So if they are well placed in your chart then this period will go well. Logic and mental faculties add power to the work you are doing. This will result in gains especially from profession and business, money flow will increase. You will be more competitive, less emotional and more logical in your approach. You will be able to network effectively, find out tips and secrets and put your skills to use. Use this time well.
- You may be required to do something for your siblings and extended family which might give you stress from time to time.
3. Ketu antardasha
- Saturn and Ketu together are an explosive mix. This is a relatively short period but can get intense. Physical and emotional health may be hit. You will feel more aggressive in the aspects of life linked to Saturn and Ketu. So keep your temper in control, keep conflicts to a minimum and focus on your goals. Unnecessary travelling, weakness, loss of money etc are possible. Ketu causes disillusionments and separations. So if your chart is strong you might get into spirituality and if the chart is weak then you will feel depressed.
- If their mutual combination is favourable then there will be flashes of inspiration and insights so use these well. Your intelligence will support you, thus you can profit from calculated risks. Also pilgrimages or some spiritual experience is likely.
- Unpleasant experiences on the psychic levels, astral dimensions and dream states are possible which might drain you. So take due precautions.
4. Venus antardasha
- Venus and Saturn are good friends. But both are strict taskmasters. If they are well placed then they will give material stuff, relationships and wealth. Marriage, children and other one-one relationships will seem more significant and you will be more involved in them. This might be a good time to earn money and invest or accumulate wealth.
- But they can also cause a deep set dissociation as you might face intense karmic rebalancing with the one you love the most. The negative effects are reduced if Venus and Saturn are favourable for you, ie turmoil you face finally make sense and you will eventually gain significantly. I have written a post on this antardasha here.
5. Sun antardasha
- Sun and Saturn are father and son and mutual enemies. But if they are well placed and in a comfortable axis with each other then there will be an unexpected elevation in status, money, authority etc. Especially if you are connected to the public in some way they will bring recognition and expansion of your personality. Then this would be a good time for people in HR, politics, governance etc where there is more interaction with the people and the system.
- Otherwise this time is generally uncomfortable. The father, teacher, elders, children can create problems. Your boss and others in authority will not allow you to express yourself fully. Issues in profession are common. Take care of your health, heart, heat and cold related issues can cause complications.
6. Moon antardasha
- Moon and Saturn together is a recipe for ‘fear’. Even if Moon and Saturn are favourable for your chart, this antardasha can trigger emotional issues, tiredness, fear, disease etc. Stress from your maternal relatives, children or mother, eg their health may be a concern. Or problems with investments, property, finances, home, etc. Profession and status can be affected so best be alert during this sub-period.
7. Mars antardasha
- If Mars is powerful and capable of giving good results with Saturn, then in this sub-period you will be able to use your aggression productively. There will be opportunities to show your confidence and initiative in work. But again this is a fiery mix, so do control your temper. You can use this time to get back at your enemies and cut off potential problems before they get too big. You might travel and gain in places away from your homeland or in areas outside your comfort zone.
- But if they are together incapable of favourable results then there will be arguments in the family, with siblings, issues over land and resources, needless travel, loss of wealth, injuries, surgeries and accidents are possible.
8. Rahu antardasha
- Saturn and Rahu together can increase destructive tendencies. If you can channelise this energy outwards in some productive way then you can gain. There will be some opportunities but be careful to choose only the ethical and practical ones. Avoid cheating others.
- There might be some interference from the psychic, astral and dream states during this sub-period.
9. Jupiter antardasha
- This is the chidra dasha, the last sub-period of the Vimshottari Saturn Mahadasha.
- If your ascendant is Taurus, Libra, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius or Pisces then you will have an easier time. Or if Jupiter and Saturn both are capable of giving auspicious results together, then the turmoil will exist on manageable levels and it will be for your own good.
- This last sub-period is generally an intensely karmic time. Expansion and contraction together. Issues in profession or society can cause stress. Education, work and finances can be affected. The immediate family may be disturbed. Unforeseen events can occur depending on which aspects of your life are controlled by Jupiter and Saturn.
- The reason is that Jupiter will take stock of all the work you have done, or failed in and grant you a wise and optimistic perspective. You will finally make sense of this work Saturn made you do, 19 long years. If something has failed to nourish your soul or failed to make you wiser it will be firmly discarded. What you have gained will be solidly consolidated. Thus the element of the unexpected during this sub-period.
- You have worked through a significant portion of your karmic baggage and Jupiter in his kindness will help you finally appreciate yourself.
Everyone who wants to learn astrology should analyse their own horoscope first. Get into the habit of pulling out your own chart for a detailed analysis every 6 months, take a couple of hours over this exercise. Look at the Dasha periods and transits that will happen over the next 6 months, try to predict 1-2 things which might happen. These can be very simple things to begin with, eg some disturbance over the 4th house = some issue related to mother. Some positivity over the 10th house = progress in profession. Evaluate for yourself how accurate you are getting.
Beautifully written with in depth analysis. Thank you for sharing and we look fwd for same knowledgeable posts. Thanks !!!
thank you for the compliments 🙂
Namaste mam, Would the placement of Mars in pada 4 of Ashlesha considered as Gandant position? What would be it’s effects for a cancer ascendant? Also if possible kindly make a post about the phenomenon of “Stelliums” , how the energies of planets interact with each other, influence the house they are placed in and play out in the physical realm? Thank you…
LikeLiked by 1 person
I came upon this blog and find it truly amazing – original expression of actual contact and experiencing.
If it is not too much trouble, is it possible to email the previous posts? This is a collection that should be preserved and passed on to persons interested.
Thank uou, gopalan s
On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 at 10:00, psychologically astrology wrote:
> astrologerbydefault posted: “Dasha analysis is used to time events in > life. The planets control your life in a sequence called the Dasha. There > are several Dasha systems, of these the Vimshottari is generally > applicable, accurate and is the first Dasha system you learn. The > Maha-Das” >
I do not approve of anyone who tries to copy the entire blog and pass it on like you have mentioned.
Do not do it, it will create a negative karma for you and it will be useless for the persons you send it too.
my website will always be there, you can read from here.
all my posts are free to read and learn from.
the entire blog is interlinked, there are no stand-alone posts.
if you think the material is of value, then you can only share the links to the blog and the posts.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Im leo ascendent with age of 36. My saturn in 4th house (awastha : mrit) and mars in own house 9th with rahu and aspect saturn. From next year Saturn mahadasha will start. Good, Bad or Mix results and any remedy ?
ask your regular astrologer
Thank you for sharing your great knowledge. I’m currently in my Mercury-Saturn antardasha and it has been extremely challenging, even though my Saturn is exalted in my 4th house. Saturn is my Atmakaraka and it is said that the dasha of the Atmakaraka is difficult, would you subscribe to this view? According to some pandits Rahu can be the Atmakaraka and in my case it would be, but there is a debate on this, do you use Rahu as a possible Atmakaraka?
i do not want to mix jaimini and parashari, both are very different systems,
this blog, i am writing only on parashari.
do ask your regular astrologer.
i do not generalise, and with jaimini, its advisable to not. coz its a highly technical way of seeing charts, i always keep the sutra copy before me for reference if i am going to use jaimini.
but if you are having a bad time since the past 1.6yrs, there is no need to refer to jaimini, its quite understandable from the transits, currently saturn, jupiter rahu/ ketu are wrecking havoc for cancer ascs.
and this debate reg karak-s 7/8 is endless.
i use 7 karak-s,
in my own chart, if i use 8, it will make my Ak rahu, it does not match my life-readings.
Thank you very much for your answer.
Great answer 🙏🙏🙏
7/8 karakas debate is quite confusing for ordinary persons like us.
Though in my case Rahu as AK vargottam is in shubh kartari place between Jup and Moon. And has been positive by God’s and Guru’s grace! Hope and pray it continues 🙏
Madam your honest answers are really helpful to dispel our ignorance.
God’s blessings on you🙏🙏🙏
(Students of Parshari Jyotish should not read this comment as it has no relevance to them.)
there are several theories about the ‘7 or 8’ karak.
Rishi Jaimini does not explain this further, so all we have is conjecture.
in my opinion there are 2 puzzles which pop up if you consider rahu as a karak
1. he has no material results by himself and acts only thru other agents,
so then technically there would be several influences on the personality and the personality would be more like a sponge, picking up these influences in different situations and in different contexts the personality will be very changeable. severe ups and downs in life, jumping up and falling flat, plus the transit influences. it would be an unstable proposition and quite difficult to judge.
2. whts the logic of considering 30- rahu’s degrees?
he is generally retrograde. about 10-11 months and forward only around eclipses fr about 1-2 months.
but Jupiter and Saturn also go retrograde for about 45% of the time, ie about 5 months per year and are forward fr about 7 months.
so as a concept they are not “perpetually retrograde” they have forward motion too.
and subtracting their degrees from 30 to arrive at their location is not mentioned by the Rishi
Observing my own self,
my rahu is at the verge of exiting the sign he is in, so as per the perpetual retrograde-theory he has advanced max into the sign.
but he in the forward motion. my mindset matches the concept of forward rahu energy.
i consider 8 karaks and minus his degrees from 30 he can be the ak. but he does not have that kind of influence in my life. in fact i think that he has the least power over me. the only hope/disillusionment cycle i have is with the people described by the house he sits in, no where else, that too is very marginal.
so i do not subscribe to the concept of perpetual retrograde nodes. i think that rahu has the max power when he enters a sign, the power slowly reduces as he travels in it, you go thru the disillusionment process, and when he exits the sign you are completely grounded reg this rahu-sign experience.
finally my life is going as per my atmakarak, the highest regular planet at 28deg in my chart. it perfectly matches whtever he is doing in my chart. so i use the 7 karaks.
maybe Rishi Jaimini has clarified in his typical cryptic sutra manner, where 8 karaks are to be used, but as of now i do not know how to use them.
or maybe the new generation of Jyotishis will do some research on it, and then we will know for sure..
Brilliant logic Madam.
Hard to refute both points that you explained. Makes sense about Rahu not being perpetual retro motion. In my case as well Rahu is direct and the next regular planet(Amk) is retro!
Jaimini sutra translation below:
Atmadhika Kalaadibhirnabhoga Saptaanaam Astaanaam Va
Kalaa = minutes or degree here ?
Appreciate your time and patience 🙏🙏
yes, it means degree, minutes and all,
so technically never will 2 planets be exactly on the same point in the zodiac.
Thank you for clarifying kalaa=degree, minutes and all! 🙏🙏
Happy Sunday !
Thank you for the post.
Benefic Moon in 5th House. 10th House = 6th From Moon and 12 House = 8th From Moon.
Planets in 10th and 12 House….during their mahadasha… when stressful event occur…just letting them happen with acceptive awareness is better or…coming out of the situations voluntarily can be opted. ?
Ur coping strategy will depend on birth ass sign/lord moon.
But ideally its best to do a combination of remedy plus receptive acceptance
LikeLiked by 1 person
Brilliant and balanced post👏👏.
One question – what would be impact of Nakshatra in which Saturn is placed in birth chart and Navamasa ?
Thank you in advance for your kind guidance 🙏🙏🙏
U naturally have to consider the nature of the nakshatra.
Eg saturn in ashwini can make u work connected to the medical field
Power if the planet in the navamsha tells u if his D1 promise is solid or hollow
Thanks again for an illuminating post.
Ma’am how to judge Saturn mahadasha for a Libra ascendant person (Saturn is in anuradha nakshatra in second house). Saturn is exalted in navamsha in seventh house.
Many thanks Ma’am.
saturn is always beneficial to libra asc,
owner of 4th and 5th in 2nd, is favourable for keywords of both these houses, and he will add to the positivity of the 2nd.
power in navamsha means more power to give tangible results.
it should be a good time overall
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Ma’am 🙏
Pranam Tejaswini ji. Thankyou for sharing with us these nuggets of Gyaan. I am not good with words 🙏🙏🙏 but please do accept my gratitude to you. You know I wonder how do you fit so much in your hectic schdule from pursuing a full time high profile professional role to looking after your family in such a beautiful way and following your spiritual path. The discipline, dedication, devotion, knowledge, wisdom and faith that you exuberate is an inspiration to ordinary being like me. You inspire and make one wonder in so many ways that again a simpleton like me cannot put in words. Forever inspired and indebted.
Technically everyone is a simpleton until they realise their real Self.
And everyone has faith Shraddha in someone something. Intensity of faith can b different. Shraddha deepens with practice.
One survives on the basis of shraddha.
And what has to b done has to b done.
And all tht we do with Shraddha it may b cooking or working or house work or puja, helps us find our Self.
Its all my Gurus direction, its not mine.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Had a quick question on a remedy for Sade-sati and Saturn mahadasha. I am Virgo ascendant with Capricorn moon with Saturn in the eighth house. Since my Saturn is debilitated should I assume that my Saturn mahadasha will be harder than normal. Currently going through Sade sati and once that ends entering my Saturn mahadasha at the age of 55.
I have been reciting hanuman chalisa for the last 40 years twice a day without realizing it is a remedy for Saturn. I was told I should take a break from it since it’s been so long but then advised if it is helping I should continue. Should one take a break when they have been doing things for years. I have been doing Shri Krishna mala daily as taught by my parents.
Thank you for your time.
If u r doing Hanuman chalisa jaap fr so many years why stop? Continue doing it. It will resolve so many issues.
Also do wht ur parents taught you.
Do shani daan fr relief frm sade sati and later when his mahadasha begins.
Namaste Mam, thank you for this informative article _/\_!
I would like to ask you two things if you are fine with it-
i) I am an Aquarius asc with Libra birth moon. Currently going through an intensely tough phase of Dhaiyya, with Sat-Ve (combust in my case)-Sat dashas ongoing. The Pratyantar Dasha is going to last till this month end, while Antardasha is ending next Feb. When could I expect some substantial relief, if you could make a generic prediction? Sometimes I feel like I would not be able to sail through this time period!
ii) Is the concept of Shanidev entering a zodiac on different vehicles subjectively genuine and valid? What is the correct formula or method to determine it? I have tried to calculate them in my case retrospectively till the latest transit time, but am not sure about its authenticity, as there seem to be more than one way of arriving at it.
when the saturn-venus period ends you will feel some relief.
personally i do not calculate the descriptions of the graha as it enters a new Rashi, i use them directly from the standard panchangs.
i prefer using the other ways of analysing transits.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I see, hoping for the best _/\_
Read this article as well y’day. Am fully convinced about it now. Its like an intuition coming true!
Only 3 days back I was thinking that you had not written about Saturn Mahadasha and here’s your post on the same😍♥️♥️♥️ Heartfelt thanks for yet another superb post🙏🏻🙏🏻♥️
Lots of love and gratitude
The house position for counting between MD and AD planets. Whether the house position to be taken from Rasi chart or Bhava chalit chart
I am so grateful for all your posts and remedies. This post is very insightful and accurate.
After losing a major part of my youth during Shani MD, I got a painful disease in my Shani MD, Guru AD. My Budh MD has started in March 2021. But I am not better still. I am losing hope of a normal life now as I am unable to live normally. What can I do? Left with No marriage, no career, and no health. I dare not wonder if it could get any worse.
I am a Gemini ascendant,
Chandra Shani 5th,
Jupiter in 6th,
Surya Budh 10th,
shukra Mangal 11th.
Please can you advise what I could do to come out of this?
you should do some jaap of your favourite deity or worship your kula-devata.
if you feel like it do a daily jaap of the Gayatri mantra for energy,
then reciting/ listening to the shri sukta will add prosperity on all levels and if you feel like it the mahamrutyunjai mantra will resolve all the painful things in life.
you can do all this daily or on fixed days, eg mondays – tryambakam, friday – shri-sukta
you will have to ask your regular astrologer for detailed readings,
In the following post….you mention about how aura changes when desiring for a loved one near again.
Do Only the person with Shakata Yog experience this..or its a general to all. ..?
this ripping of the aura?
it can happen whenver the moon is severely affected by malefics esp rahu or ketu.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’ve got another ‘Winner’ with Saturn – Venus dasha period, asc lord – yogkarak combo, quite an eventful & transformative ride on both material & spiritual fronts! Maybe more on spiritual with the birth Venus- ketu conjunction effect and the rahu/ketu transit on birth moon. Really grateful for whatever happened so far including the chancing upon your invaluable blog🙏
Can I bring up a couple of questions if I may?
1. Regarding Gandant Nakshatra, do other planets (other than asc degree & moon) at gandant degrees also have similar influence on the native, especially Sun? What about Rahu in gandant?
2. This is a general awareness one… Does the Sun, the individual soul, have a progressive path from one life to the following ones… like moving progressively from one nakshatra to the next one in the order e.g: from Ashwini to bharani to krittika order(and hence moving from one Rashi to the next)?
3. Would you consider Rahu being vargottam, a favorable aspect, between D1 & D9?
Many thanks for helping us all on our spiritual path, with your words of wisdom 🙏
gandant concept gives its full effect only with the Moon, and to some extent with the asc sign.
depending on the specific question asked, you may have to consider the effect of the gandant energies on the other planets,
eg, the 5th lord in a gandant postion can affect the keywords of the 5th to some extent.
i do not give much credence to the progressive thing in the spiritual evolution sense, eg you cannot say that a person with his moon in ashwini is going to be less spiritual than someone with his moon in revati.
rahu can be vargottam, i have written about the vargottam concept in one of my posts on navamsha analysis
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Ji for your patience & kind reply🙏
The reason for my second question was based on something that I read on Sun in gandant moving from water sign to fire sign, talking about multiple levels of progression of the individual soul i.e: from revati to ashwini is kind of the next level of material plane starting, then ashlesha to magha is evolution in the same material plane and finally jyeshta to mula is the final evolution in the same plane and so on… (again revati to ashwini is the next level..). Sounded interesting & hence the question.
I do have another question (and thank you so much for taking time to reply to all these naive queries 🙏🙂)
If rahu & ketu switch their signs in D9, i.e. the real potential is just the opposite of D1, is there any signification of such a placement?
As always Thank you so much for your benevolence Ma’am🙏
i have written several posts on analysing the navamsha chart. do refer to them
LikeLiked by 1 person
How do you consider the aspects of a retrograde Saturn? The usual 3,7,10 from it’s position or from one house behind as well. For example, Does retrograde Saturn in third house aspect 4,8,11 houses along with the usual 5,9,12?
i always consider the aspects in the regular forward fashion, irrespective of the retro/forward motion.
its clearly mentioned in the reference books that the planet aspects from the position he is at. if they wanted to make an exception for his direction of movement, the Rishi-s would have written it.
and if you consider that the retrograde planets aspect backwards, then do think about what should happen when a planet is stationary? does he stops aspecting at all?
Saturn is still for about 10-12 days in a year.
eg. my nephew has his Saturn stationary, but i can see the effect of his saturn’s aspects on the forward 3/7/10 houses, and they are very very strong aspects as the saturn is still.
I have a real time interesting case study, here. Mahadasha and transits do bring lot of unresolved karma. As a matter of practice, I did see past events of my life to match with Saturn’s antar-pratyantar dasha.
Also read your comment above on jaimini and rahu (degrees into sign) and supposed effect.
I recently met a person with whom I was about to be engaged and it broke off all of a sudden. Later, while checking both of our horoscope based on multiple articles of yours, I found the following
1. He is a cancer ascendant undergoing ketu dasha. With his rahu-ketu in 6/12 axis around 3 degree each (read your article). Saturn is retrograde in 7th house (thereby affecting previous house + ruling 8th).
When we came into each others life following were the dasha’s;
I have made peace with the fact that it might be a karmic debt that I was brought in for in his life. Because the relationship broke exactly the day he entered ketu-venus-sun dasha. I guess sun being an enemy of both ketu and venus and in his chart sun+venus are in 2/12 from ketu.
2. What I fail to understand so far is why did it affect me? What learning or karma was attached as a jolt for me. To find answers I digged in more into your articles.
Technically, I met him during moon pratyantar dasha which is in my 12 house (mooltrikon) but cause of separation/losses/unpredictable results.
—–Isn’t it a wrong dasha to meet someone romantically even though venus mahadasha is good for people or is about love/marriage/spouse (my venus is in 11th house and sun+ketu+mercury in 10th house)
For me separation happened during jupiter pratyantar dasha.
——Now guidance from you, mam since multiple articles and concept confuse sometimes in application. Generally things linger for some time. In this case it was sudden open and shut case!——
1. Was it karmic debt on both of us?
– His ketu goes over my moon. As per bhav chalit, goes over my venus (met him during Venus MD and he met during ketu-venus)
I know for a fact both of us have saturn in 7th house. Retrograde planet gives repeat pattern or break or second choice. In his case fits perfectly. But my 7th house and lord isn’t retro like his. Then why a second choice or break here. Yes, my jupiter is retro in 3rd house with aspects on saturn.
2. How valid and accurate is to calculate effect of mahadasha from this rule
– MD from sun placement
– AD from moon placement
– PD from Lagna
as per your experience
3. Does retrograde planet give aspect also on that principle. I don’t think so. You explained above regarding stationery planetary aspect. What about retrograde on my 7th house?
Did the puzzle of case fits in mam or am i going wrong in analysing.
i said that in my opinion, fr rahu/ketu they are the strongest when they enter the sign, ie at 29deg they are the most powerful and as they exit at 1deg they have the lowest power.
anything triggered from the rahu/ketu indicates past life connections
dasha calculations is only from Moon nakshatra.
you can check the results of the dasha lord from the birth moon, asc sign, birth position of that planet, sun etc etc. they give subtle readings, but do this only when you are more confident in your study
0′ 33″ R,K will have intensity even lesser than 1′ ?
But they will give results of both houses right?
Really appreciate your thorough knowledge of the subject.what you have written regarding people born under saturn mahadasha is precisely correct.
Do pada,s matter or the results are general irrespective of which pada you are?
1. Birth moon nakshatra pada is very important. It determines several things including how much of the birth mahadasha is remaining.
Eg person with moon in U.bh.pada 1st pada will go thru Saturn mahadasha till 15-19 yrs of age.
And someone with moon in its 4th pada will finish it by 1-4 yrs of age. Both situations are going to create very different personalities.
2. The pada r covered in the navamsha chart analysis.
I have only briefly touched on this as navamsha analysis requires a bit more study.
I have written a few posts on this. Do use the index.
3. Observe the effect of pada esp fr mercury and ketu birth mahadasha. ie the gandant birth moon births in ur study samples.
Thanks for your insight.
Kindly suggest, how should mornings be scheduled or can be scheduled wrt doing sadhna. Should we get up before sunrise or during sunrise? After waking up should we first go to bath, followed by sadhna. Later drink water and freshen up. Am asking as freshening up is a longer schedule for me and by the time am ready after freshening and bath, I loose my innate temperament to do sadhna. Also other people wake up.
My another question is, I want to start fasting. Please suggest which day or tithi should I fast so I can achieve my spiritual destiny of at least this birth.
how can i tell you how to manage your personal schedule?
and reg fasting there are several variations, try for once a week or once a fortnight as per your convenience