Just the very basics, to understand what can be wrong with a chart on the medical front. First of all you need to know a bit about the parts/organs etc of the human body and then the house/planetary link with it. If you can learn this connections by heart, 80% of your work is done (they are given in any standard reference book, Books by B.V Raman are the best for beginners). For example, 1st house – head, 2nd house – face, right eye, 12th house – feet and left eye etc. In addition the houses 1st to 7th represent the right side of the body/face and the houses 8th to 12th the left side of the body/face.
Step 1 – When a you fall ill the first logical thing is that the ‘body’ has been afflicted with negative energy. So first check out the ascendant sign and its ascendant planetary lord. Have covered this analysis in previous posts but again the main points, (Please read this post on how to analyse empty houses to get the full picture.)
- Combust, debilitated, retrograde planets, conjoint or aspecting.
- Natural malefics or temporary malefics involved.
- Ruler of the houses of turmoil, 6th, 8th, 12th getting involved.
- The ascendant lord himself being combust, retrograde, debilitated and in company of the negative influences etc.
Step 2 – The the 6th house, the house of diseases and its bhavat bhavam, the 11th. The 6th will give you a sense of what kind of diseases are to be expected. And the ‘house of the house’ the 11th will give you a sense of the ‘loss of the disease’. i.e. how likely it is that the diseases indicated by the 6th will actually manifest. If there are planets placed here they are to be specifically analysed as they will indicate the type of diseases. And remember that the diseases indicated by the 6th house are diseases which are linked to some action of yours. i.e. being negligent about check-ups, not taking medicines on time, not consulting a proper specialist, bad habits leading to diseases, etc.
Step 3 – Then the 8th house and its Bhavat bhavam the 3rd house. The 8th house indicates the diseases which are linked to karma. You cannot avoid these, maybe reduce the extent of damage if the 3rd house supports. The 3rd house is the ‘death of death’ so before interpreting anything about the 8th house the neutralising capacity of the 3rd house should be examined.
Step 4 – Now the planetary influences, if there are any planets in or aspecting the 6th or the 8th you will need to check up what all they can do wrong. And if there are no planets placed here, the planetary owners of these signs of the 6th and 8th will give clues on the diseases indicated.
- Sun – pitta/heat type of diseases, acidity to sudden diseases, pain, heat, eyesight, heart, stomach.
- Moon – vata/gas and kapha/phlegm diseases, eyesight, psychological problems, gas-related, arthritis, diseases triggered by cold, connected to all the liquid stuff in the body, salt imbalances, diseases of childhood, long lasting diseases.
- Mars – pitta/heat diseases, bone marrow, blood related problems, ovaries, sudden onset diseases, pain, skin boils, cuts and scars, accidents
- Mercury – all three types of kapha, pitta, vata diseases. long continuing diseases, incurable and chronic diseases, nerves, skin rashes, psychological issues.
- Jupiter – Kapha diseases, expansion/growths/enlargement types of diseases, all glands, fat and sugar related problems.
- Venus – Kapha and Vata problems, eyesight, sex organ related problems, Ojas in the body.
- Saturn – Vata problems, frame of the body including tendons ligaments etc. breath in every way, asthama, connected to the impurities in the body so organs connected to removal of impurities, lungs, kidneys etc. persistently low grade pain, do not have a sudden onset, start imperceptibly/gradually.
- Rahu/Ketu – are astral planetary forces, give results of the planet they are influenced by, they tend to hide diseases, can give non-diagnosable diseases.
- The lords of the 6th and 8th in the D-1 (birth chart) – Their positions in the D-9.
- And the lords of the 6th and 8th of the D-9.
- This analysis will give you the ‘disease potential’ of the chart.
Step 6 – If you want to know how the disease affects the person on the emotional level you will have to see the Moon chart. This is the normal birth chart re-drawn with the moon sign as the 1st house. Do the same analysis of the 6th and 8th houses from here too.
Finally the conclusion – So now you can arrive at a conclusion as to which body part is weak, what kind of disease can be expected by looking at the planets and signs concerned.
Now for the timing. Look at mainly the owners of the 6th and the 8th, and/or planets placed/aspecting the 6th or 8th and check if their planetary periods are on.
- Which planets mahadasha going on, is the overall theme of the period negative?
- The transits at the present moment of time, are they going negative too?
Medical astrology is a full-fledged topic by itself and as you read more charts and come across different combinations you will learn more! This was a post to get you interested in it. This might seem like a complicated analysis but if you follow it step-wise you can easily pinpoint the possible medical conditions in the chart.