I have written a post on how to use this Chakra here for a basic analysis. There is an entire dasha system using this Kaalachakra system too. But for now let’s check out how to use this Chakra for analysing transits. Am using the same example from my previous post, a birth chart which is visualised as a Chakra.
Now you have analysed this basic birth details in the previous post. And you want to find out the results of transits using this system. I always give a 25% weightage to the results of transits and 75% value to the basic birth chart. The main power/potential is from the birth positions and the transits can only modify/activate these. Transits however are quite important to time events. The slowest moving planets Saturn (2.5yrs in a sign), Rahu/Ketu (1.5yrs in a sign) and Jupiter (1yr in a sign) set the tone which is then modified by the faster moving Mars, Venus, Sun and Mercury. Moon transits 1 sign in 2.25days so is not used much to time events except in medical emergencies.
So now you superimpose the transiting planet details in the same chakra. I have used green color to write the transits. This is an imaginary example. (I don’t like using entire charts of actual people, I think analysing actual people like this adversely affects them, they may be alive or dead but still it affects.)
Now look at the new positions of the planetary forces and do a similar basic analysis as you did for their birth positions earlier (not repeating the same points here again!). Now the additional points for transits,
- If the benefics are transiting closer to the center of the chart, their energies are more available for you to use. Pay attention to their direction of movement also. If they are moving inwards their energies are supporting your personal development. If their movement is outwards, you are projecting more of their energies on your surroundings and other people.
- Malefics transiting in closer to the center of the chakra cause more drain on your self.
- And now try to analyse the interaction of the birth planets and the transiting planets. For example,
- The birth Mars has a transiting Ketu on it. The basic tendency for aggressive fiery behaviour is now enhanced by this ‘headless’ graha’s influence.
- Venus has entered the innermost stambha boundary, It is favourably placed in a Kendra axis in the birth chakra too. So while he transits this Stambha period his energies will be very high and easily available for you. You will see a growth in resources, balance, beauty, partnerships, gain and spirituality.
- Mercury is transiting the birth Mercury, in the direction governed by the Energy of destruction, Nirriti. So you will need to be careful of the communication, trade and financial angle in your life.
This transit chakra is very useful especially in medical emergencies. These clients are already worried and tense. So taking time to check this simple chakra is helpful in coming to a more accurate conclusion.
- You get a general idea from the basic birth chart.
- Then superimpose the running periods, dashas to get a broad framework for the present time.
- The add the transits to the basic birth chart.
- Now draw the chakra for the birth time and superimpose the transiting planets on it.
This is a very tiny exercise to get you interested in using the ‘Chakra’ diagrams too. In astrology there are several chakras which are used. As these are very visual they are rather easy to understand. You can try and use this chakra for more information in addition to the normal superimposed birth and transit positions chart that you draw.
It is possible that some astrology software calculate this ashtapadmadala chakra, but just pay attention to which planet it is using as the base nakshatra. Here we have used the Moon’s nakshatra as the base (position 1). This variant of the Chakra is suitable for all sorts of analysis. Especially if the client is past 49yrs this Moon nakshatra chakra will give the most accurate readings. However you can draw the chakra using the other planets nakshatras, or the ascendant degree nakshatra as a start point, you can even go anti-clockwise, depending on what you want to find out from your planetary forces!