Saturn will be exiting Shravan nakshatra, entering Dhanishtha धनिष्ठा on 18th Feb 2022 and stay here till 15th Mar 2023. (Again from 15th Oct – 24th Nov 2023). Saturn’s transits at sign level give an overview of a time frame of 2.5yrs. Nakshatra level transit helps analyse things over 13months. And navamsha arc or quarter/pad level transit analysis narrows down his effects to 2-3month time frames.
(I have used the dates from Drikpanchang)
धनिष्ठ literally means very swift or very rich in Devbhasha Samskrutam. Dhanishtha in the skies has 4 stars visualised as the Damaru of Bhagwan Nataraj. Thus its beat has the potential to destroy or recreate and for the rare few, illuminate. Dhanishtha is connected to music, beats, rhythm, systematic actions and the higher energy. So its energies can be usefully channelised by reciting Sanskrit stotra, learning to dance especially Bharatnatyam or learning classical Raga or playing percussion or wind instruments.
Its devata are the Ashta Vasu, Apah, Dhara, Anila, Anala, Dhruva, Soma, Pratyusha and Prabhas, so it is deeply linked to the very fabric of time, space and Consciousness. These eight primordial energies combine to create this one lunar mansion giving it very diverse and powerful resources which it confidently uses to achieve its goals.
Dhanishtha is connected to Mars, so it has initiative, confidence, aggression, militant mindset, powerful personality and secrets. Sometimes it does bring catastrophic change causing a complete change in structure and society. A Chara nakshatra, it is suitable for all activities which require adaptive quick changes and fast movement. Its results are not very deep nor very permanent, but they do push towards expansion. It is the several stepping stones to ultimate prosperity.
It is located partly in Capricorn and Aquarius, both ruled by Saturn. So it has the capacity to work, achieve professional success, social mobility and recognition. It desires to use the power of the individual for the establishment of the collective. It creates leaders from the masses who have the vision to structure and regulate the society, expand it and bring it wealth. Or conversely lead the society down the perdition way.
Now Saturn entering Dhanishtha will primarily cause a general slowing down, a sobering influence, and situations where dedicated work over longer times is necessary. Everyone will be internally alone though outwardly a part of the community. Generally during this time, human activity will be on a high high, people buzzing about doing something or the other, ie laziness and complacency will reduce. There will be a sense of urgency, of movement with several events racing along in quick progression. Undesirable influences will try to vitiate the social fabric and challenge the structure of democratically elected governments. Breakdown of harmony in the society and amicable relationships in personal lives is possible. Resources will diminish or remain unavailable.
Generally fire and wind related activities will increase on all levels. Fire related accidents, road rage, industrial mishaps etc might increase. Possibility of sabotage, civil unrest, armed aggression and military activity remains high at the national/ international levels. Cheating, immoral, unethical and underhanded behaviour can cause trouble. Expect pitta or vata imbalances as per your body’s tri-dosh constitution and diseases of the legs and knees are possible.
If Saturn is favourable for you as per your individual charts, then you will be able to systematically analyse the situations unfolding around and act decisively. Time will be favourable, you will be able to put your abilities to use, work hard and create wealth slowly but surely. Self discipline and following the ethical path will help realise your long term goals. Short term goals may disappoint, but you will remain patient and broadminded even under trying circumstances. Travelling might increase and profits from foreign lands are possible. The month of Shravan will give some significant gains.
But if Saturn is unfavourable for you now, then you will be stubborn, tactless, unable to understand the situations, needlessly aggressive, unwise, destructive, crass, worried, depressed, deceptive, argumentative, narrow minded, bad natured etc. Tendency to avoid work or escape responsibilities will cause further complications depending on your planetary positions. Especially advice from others or following others without thinking will cause issues. Breakdown of marital harmony, hurting others and loss of opportunities are common results.
Briefly let’s note its Navamsha or quarter/pad energies. Remember that Saturn will be occupying them in forward, retrograde and again forward motions during this year. If you are using the drikpanchang app, the quarters occupied by the planets are mentioned in it.
- Dhanishtha 1st pad is a Leo navamsha – People will suddenly get ambitious and confidently try to break rules. Personal ego will try to dominate public opinion. Disharmony selfishness and aggression will increase. Social structures will be attacked by unfavourable and intolerant mindsets. A negative impact on or caused by the executive wing of the governments. Some areas of the world are restless, inching towards open hostilities, this may be a flash point for some of them.
- Dhanishtha 2nd quarter is a Virgo navamsha – Here coordination on several levels will fail. Rules will be challenged. Communication will be hampered. Media will cause problems. Narratives will tailored to try and cause division. Negative impacts on or caused by worker, labour class etc due to lack of understanding or whipping up of passions.
- Dhanishtha 3rd quarter is a Libra navamsha – A negative impact on or caused by the law, legal issues and judicial wing of the government. Turbulence will exist but more on the elegant philosophical and pontificating side, less physical.
- Dhanishtha 4th pad is a Scorpio navamsha – These times will have the potential to cause explosive aggression and permanent changes on several levels. Again military movements and clashes are possible during this time. A tragedy or deaths of important people in the military or the government is possible.
This 13 month Saturn’s Dhanishtha transit will also be influenced by other planets transits. Mainly,
- Jupiter will be sitting in Uttarabhadrapada from 28th Apr 2022 to 24th Feb 2023, for 10 long months at a stretch! This nakshatra is linked to Saturn so his power to give results here in Uttarabhadrapada will be linked to the support he receives from Saturn. Also Jupiter will indirectly enhance Saturn’s agenda, hopefully temper it with his kindness and wisdom. So in your birth horoscope if Jupiter is favourable then this period will be better for you.
- Saturn’s activities in Dhanishtha will be aggravated when Mars amplifies them by his simultaneous transits over Dhanishtha and later Mruga. The times when they aspect each other will also be a turbulent time. Mars being connected to Dhanishtha energies means that if he is favourable for your individual chart then you can expect some positivity in some parts of your life.
- And Rahu will be in Aries soon. Saturn will soon be aspecting him from his position in Aquarius from 29th Apr to 13th Jul. This time’s energy will be a variant of the Shapit dosh so some form of severe destruction or upheaval etc is indicated. (I am anticipating problems triggered by the environment, ie drought or heavy rainfall, flooding and to some extent unexpected earth movements. Keywords of Rahu graha, Mesh rashi, 3rd aspect of Shani, Shani graha and Kumbh rashi. And humankind under the influence of Rahu can always overreach and then fall flat on its face.)
Specifically for Bharat, this Saturn in Dhanishtha transit is not good.
- The first phase of Mars in Dhanishtha over Saturn 30th Mar to 16th Apr 2022 will trigger disaster (or a series of turbulent events) which will consume our collective energies till mid Jul.
- Then Mars will be going retrograde/forward in Taurus in 2022-23 and this will be especially problematic for us as Taurus is the ascendant sign for India. Mars will be in Taurus from 10th Aug – 16th Oct 2022. And again retrograde/forward during 13th Nov to 13th Mar 2023. There will be several potentially explosive events as perpetrator groups and the governments both take confusing about turns.
- In this, there will be especially harsh results when he transits forward/retrograde/forward over the Murga nakshatra, ie 24th Sept – 24th Dec 2022 and 25th Feb to 27th Mar 2023. There are full chances of a damaging tragedy in this phase.
- One can only hope that Jupiter, ie the Guru and the deities who protect Bharat with the wise men, learned elders, advisors etc of this nation will provide the necessary help us to tide over with minimal damage.
For determining the fate of the nations, draw the ‘birth chart’ of that nation, ie the time/date linked to some significant point in their history where the nation is considered to have formed. These above trigger times are the same for everyone, but they will trigger different things for different nations depending on the positions of the planets.
- eg Ukraine is in the news these days. Considering the ‘birth’ chart 24 Aug 1991 12am, Kiev, its real trouble will start as soon as Rahu/Ketu shift into Aries/Libra and Jupiter enters Pisces. Saturn is unfavourable both in Capricorn and Aquarius. Turbulent times for the next 1.5yrs at least.
Now briefly as per the Janma navtara nakshatra chakra,
- This transit is not favourable for those with birth Moon in Dhanishtha as they will be at the very core of their Sade sati period. Similarly Mruga and Chitra birth Moons will face emotional stresses and physical weakness. It is Janma tara for them. Trigger factors and affected parts of life will be as per the individual charts during this time. (eg Saturn in the 7th house will cause problems with spouse, or even trigger physical death if longevity is at end)
- Rohini Hasta Shravan – Sampat tara is average to favourable.
- Krutika, Uttaraphalguni, Uttarashadha – Vipat tara average to unfavourable
- Bharani, Poorvaphalguni, Poorvashadha – Kshema, average to favourable
- Ashvini, Magha, Moola – Pratyari so average to unfavourable
- Revati, Ashleysha, Jeyshtha – Sadhak so average to favourable
- Uttarabhadrapada, Pushya, Anuradha – Naidhana but Uttarabhadrapada has Jupiter in it for a significant part of this transit and this set is linked to Saturn himself. So I have put them at average results.
- Punarvasu, Vishakha, Poorvabhadrapada – Mitra so again average.
- Aradra, Swati, Shatataraka – Atimitra so average to favourable results are expected.
Additional points to analyse would be,
- If you are undergoing a significant Dasha period of Mars or Saturn then the results during this time will be more exaggerated for you.
- Or if this Saturn in transit is transiting a significant birth position. eg Saturn transiting your ascendant lord, or over your birth Mars, or your birth Saturn etc.
Finally remedies. Worshipping the Eternal in his Nataraja form, or invoking the Ashta Vasu. Or taking up mantra or giving away Daana for Saturn or Mars. Daana for the planets on the day they transit is especially useful. Pujas for graha shanti for Saturn will also be helpful.
Remedies basically mean that you are strengthening your 1st house by powering on your 9th and 5th houses, harnessing the 9/5 axis. Your purva punya protects your personality and your environment if you perform activities linked to the 9th house. Similarly your mantra shakti feeds energy into yourself if you perform activities of the 5th house. Adding energy to your Dharma trikon, your capacity for weathering events in life increases.
Managing transits through behavioural changes is possible if you are able to understand your chart and what Saturn is upto in your life. If you do regular pujas then you can more easily manage and get through unexpected events in life. Regular routine spiritual practice helps train the Mind. Being in control of the mind lets you take correct decisions and better navigate through life.
At this juncture, the simplest practice for everyone would be listen/recite the Shiv sutrani, it takes just 15 seconds/day. (Strangely I had the Shivsutrani draft for the past 1yr on my scrivener and randomly posted it 2 weeks ago) Or listen to the listen to the Shiv tandav stotra (Shri Kalicharan Maharaj’s recitation is superlative), Teekshna Danshtra Kaalbhairavashtak or the Shiv Mahimna stotra as per your inclination , even on your way to work is fine, but listen to it daily. Or offer water on the Shivlingam with the ‘Om namah Shivaya’ mantra, or Mahamrutyunjai mantra at least on Mondays, or this can be done daily at home if you have a Shivlingam in your puja ghar. And in this Shravan month, do some puja of the Shivlingam. This can be as detailed as Parthiv-pujas and Rudrabhishekams, or as simple as offering water to a Shiv Lingam, the Bhagwan Nataraj.