There is another hot word doing the rounds, ‘manifestation’. In every website on energy and consciousness there is a section on how to manifest your desires in 10-steps! Well, here is one really easy step for you. Plant a seed! Literally..
First think about what type of desire you want to manifest, logically human desires can be of the following categories, no more than these.
Then choose your seed. Actually! Choose a robust plant, which you can plant from a seed, suited to the place and season you are in! You will now charge this seed with your intention and plant it in a pot. Water it and care for it. Add intention. As it grows so will your desires manifest. This is a secret of the Universe!
In India, women have been doing this seed/ plant/ manifestation thingie for ages and ages. Women are traditionally home-makers, it is the most difficult thing to do, ‘make a home’. They are in-charge of maintaining the house, ensuring a balanced diet, balancing the household-accounts, maintaining relationships within the social hierarchy, raising children as responsible citizens, and then finding a daughter/son-in-law, and even more, that is a lot of work. So the Indian woman uses the energies of the Universe channelized through a Tulasi plant. She plants a Tulasi in her house. Tulsi is botanically Ocimum tenuiflorum and an indispensable plant in Indian spiritual traditions. The plant is charged with her energies and her request for help. She prays to the Tulasi, considers it as an aspect of Devi Laxmi, the Goddess of Prosperity, everyday. She intends prosperity, health and happiness and gets it too, for every member of her home. This is the magic of nature channelized through intention!
So now let’s do it. If you have chosen the desire and the seed whose growing energies will fuel your desires, this is how you go about it..
- Plan to plant your seed on the day which resonates with your desire.
- Sunday – children, intelligence, creativity, higher education, gambling
- Monday – mind, emotions, home, comforts, land, vehicles, property
- Tuesday – physical body, health, vitality, competitions
- Wednesday – communications, early education, money from trade
- Thursday – expansion of all positive traits you desire
- Friday – partnerships, business, relationships, love
- Saturday – work and energy to perform sustained work, money from work
- Choose something that you like, tulasi, geranium, fuschia, oh, whatever feels good to you! You can also choose a fragrant plant resonating with that planet’s energy, refer this post. Get a plant which is easy to grow in your house. Get its one seed. Keep it on a green colored cloth on your altar/puja ghar, for some time.
- While it is on the altar, surround it with all the objects of power that you have. Maybe a rune? Or a mantra written on a paper? Or reiki? Or call on your favourite deity or the energies of the Universe.
- Cup your palms around the seed and tell it your desire. Feel it listening and absorbing your emotions. Feel it growing into a healthy plant bearing flowers/fruits. You are powering it with your intention so be true.
- When you feel satisfied, take this seed and plant it in a pot in your house. Intend it to grow and for your desires to manifest with its growth.
- Water it, tend to it regularly with the same intention in mind. Reinforce it.
- If the plant grows properly, your desire too will manifest.
- If it dies or fails to germinate, then re-think on what you were trying to materialise. Maybe it was not appropriate for you or hurtful for someone else.
- After it has grown and your desires also manifested, it will, as per its natural life cycle, flower, fruit and eventually die naturally. This is ok as your desires will have already been satisfied by this time.
- If you have planted a kitchen herb or fragrant plant, you have another advantage of being able to use it also as such.
This seeding-desire thingie may sound a bit funny, but it works. It has always worked for ages. The Tulasi is proof of the power of Intention coupled with Nature. The energy of a seed is limitless, it can power its own growth and also your intention. Trust and be patient. Nature will manifest your desires!