Sleep is the precious time when we rest and rejuvenate ourselves, our minds and our bodies. For some of us sleep is like a second nature and for some sleep is a rare luxury.
In this post I will list out a few combinations which determine the nature of sleep and then for the insomniacs some very easy and doable remedies that will help you rest and recover in your sleep everyday.
The 4th and the 12th house from the ascendant in your horoscope. The 4th house signifies the “security” of our lives. For a baby this is obviously the mother, then the residence, the vehicles, landed property, the homeland and even the familiar customs of your people is “security”. For being able to sleep, you need to feel secure, thus check out this 4th from ascendant. So you see these “security” things go as a group, if you have had a good mother, you must have been able to sleep weel too, must feel rather patriotic and have a comfortable residence. Now an example, I have had a very curious client who was hyper alert always, it was like he was always on guard duty. It became so bad that I had him do a guided meditation to find out what was going on. So we found out that he had been a high ranking Mongol warrior in his past life and always battle ready. Once he knew the reason he was willing and able to work on it and eventually learned to relax.
Now to the 12th house, it is the house of the sub-conscious, the unconscious, the dreams and the unknowns. This house is the path or the bridge between the four different states of existence. Thus this house also deeply impacts ‘sleep’ and the energy workings related to sleep.
Then you should check see the positions of cancer and pisces signs in the horoscope and their occupant planets and the aspects on them. These 2 are the natural 4th and 12th thus their function corresponds to that of the 4th and 12th houses.
And then at last, for determining the emotional response to sleep and the comfort level of the sleep experience check out the 4th and 12th houses from your birth moon sign, their signs occupants and aspects.
Benefic planets like Jupiter influencing these above will guarantee you a deep restful sleep but presence of malefics like the rahu-ketu nodes will make the situation worse and affect your rest.
One more example, one of my clients had her Moon in Pisces in the 6th house (house of worry) and Saturn in the 12th. Saturn here was the owner of the 4th also. She was not very good at sleeping, waking up at the slightest noise/needing pitch dark to sleep, and on top of it was travelling astrally every night. So no sleep in the real sense for years.
And I have always noticed that people who suffer from sleeplessness due to astrological reasons always have badly cracked feet soles. 12th house and pisces also indicate ‘feet’. So a fun remedy could be going for regular pedicures. But on a serious note these persons often have ‘leaky’ feet chakras and auras ‘leak’ at the feet. I cannot describe it better than ‘leaky’. Energy drains from the feet. So take care of the energy of the feet.
So what can you do if you are an insomniac for astrological reasons? Try any of these if you feel like..
- Check out your chart and determine if your sleeplessness really has an astrological basis.
- Light a sesame oil, cotton wick, small copper lamp on a monday morning thinking of the moon, reciting the moon beej mantra, “Om shraang shreeng shroung sah chandraya namah Om”, either once, thrice or 108 times.
- If you know reiki, before you sleep, draw all the symbols you know, on the soles of your feet and the back of your neck with the intention that you sleep and rest. Cup the soles of your feet in both your palms for a few minutes. Then cup both your hands at the back of your neck. Lock in your intention of being able to sleep at these places.
- Or if you do not know reiki. You can still do this, think of your favourite deity/god and ask him to power your intention of being able to sleep. Lock in this intention and power at the soles of your feet and the back of your neck as above.
- You can try Bach flower remedies and these work really really well. They are not medicines, not addictive and somehow work with your subconscious. Mix 2 drops of white chestnut in a glass of water and drink before bedtime.
- Do cleanse yourself with lemons, peacock feathers, sea salt etc and ground yourself regularly, walk bare-footed on a grass lawn or beach sea sand or moist ground at least for 1 hour at least once a week.
Sleep is extremely important and it needs to be natural in order to be effective. Sleep induced by sleeping tablets is not sleep, you are harming your body’s rejuvenation cycle by consuming those. So sleep, rest and rejuvenate!