We all carry lots of tiny bits of negativity with us. It happens, just see what happens to us on our normal day, we brush against so many people on the street, in the train etc. We pick up stuff touched by others, our auras interact with so many many objects and impressions that are being held on those objects. We are electromagnetic and not biochemical. Our bodies are actually energy and our energies are always being influenced by others energies too. This is why dedicated seekers of the self, Sanyasis, live a life away from the society to avoid their auras and thus their selves being affected by others. But we cannot do this, we cannot stay away from others, so we need to get into the habit of cleansing and grounding ourselves at least once a week. Grounding helps remove this debris in aura which we have unintentionally picked up from others. It is like earthing electricity!
I have written about cleansing in my earlier posts, using lemons, sea-salt, peacock feathers etc. Cleansing by itself is a good start but for a complete package, grounding is a must. This is how you should go about it. It works for everyone.
So do ground yourself preferably on a Tuesday or a Saturday, or if not possible whenever you are feeling relaxed and have 15 minutes to yourself.
- Prepare your room, it should be clean and pleasing, put on some light fragrance, sandalwood, lavender or whatever you like. Dim the lights. Switch off your phone.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing, loose your hair if you have tied them, remove your shoes and socks and sit on a straight backed chair. Lightly massage your soles and feet for a minute or so, get the circulation working, you are going to connect to the earth via your sole chakras so get them active.
- Sit with your back and neck straight. Rest your palms on your knees and keep both your feet flat on the floor slightly separate from each other. Close your eyes.
- Breathe deeply for a bit and relax. When you breathe your abdomen should move in and out, not your chest.
- Now focus in between your eyebrows, at the third eye/ajnya chakra. Visualize your body filled with gold-silver light from the Universe.
- Visualize roots coming out from the soles of your feet, piercing the floor, the crust of the earth and going down, down till they reach the diamond at the centre of the earth. This massive, huge diamond with gold-silver energy, gleaming and shining, very beautiful, very strong, the soul of the Earth.
- Your roots have now touched this diamond and linked you with the soul of the Earth. She is your mother and loves you very deeply.
- Now request her to help you, feel your request. Feel all the negative stuff, brown/black/dark red muck going out from you, from your roots and to the massive diamond. Feel all her energies of love, strength and beauty coming up from the diamond to you. Feel your aura expand and become even more brilliant. Feel gratitude and love in your heart for your Earth Mother and her love for you.
- Now your roots start coming back, through the crust of the earth, through the floor they go back into your feet. You have disconnected from the Earth.
- Now visualise your aura as a pearl, gold-silver and you at the center of this pearl. Hold on to this image for a few minutes and enjoy this moment with yourself.
- Then come back to the mundane world, open your eyes.
Ideally grounding should be done when you are standing barefoot on the ground, slightly moist ground, or grass law, or the wet sea beach sand. But in our daily lives we are always wearing shoes or so busy that we cannot go to a park or the sea beach, or the open spaces available to us may not be clean enough that we dare remove our shoes. So do it at home as above and it will be equally effective. You can even do a quick grounding in your office also if you are feeling stressed out, like during your lunch break. And always remember Intention is everything. If you intend for it strongly enough, it will happen.
So do your energy work and help yourself first. Ideally do both cleansing and grounding together, first cleansing then grounding, will take you around 30mins. I think 30 mins per week is something that you can definitely give for your own self. Invest time and energy in your own self because if you do not do it, no one else will!