Believe it or not all of us at all the time are working with energy. We are a ball of energy ourselves moving in the vast continuum of time and space.Our past lives and karma are the energy events which occur at intervals of time and these can be predicted through various tools. Some of these are horoscope, tarot, cartomancy, iChing, runes, cowrie shells and anything you can think of. I have learnt several of these methods and they all match. If as per the horoscope the period is good then all the other methods of divination also show positive results.
So in my personal experience the reader is the channel and the rest is just a tool. If the reader has developed an ability to tap into the vastness of the Information available then he can use any of these tools as a medium to access this information. Of course the great sages and sadhus are also such highly developed readers who can just close their eyes and see the information without any need for tools like horoscope or runes.
Our Sanatan Dharm always tells us to stop being the “doer”, in the sense that we should stop labelling our actions with the tagline, “I, did this!”. The moment we do this this action and the packet of energy it represents gets attached to us as a karma. This causes our personal energy to get unbalanced and then the karmic load makes itself felt which demands to be balanced. So if we stop tagging the action/energy with our name we can stop this vicious cycle of unbalanced karma.
If our personal energies are balanced and stable then we can more easily access the Information available to us. And for balancing our personal energies regular spiritual practice is a must. The easiest practice is doing Dhyan, mindfully contemplating the third eye and the breath (prana).
Our bodies are not biochemical but are actually electromagnetic. I would really really encourage everyone to get initiated to Reiki from a responsible Reiki teacher. It is one of the easiest means to visualize the energy patterns flowing on our bodies.
Or if you are not so sure about getting Reiki initiation try this to sense the movement of the 7 chakras in your body.
- Sit in a quiet place with no external light or sound or in your puja room in your house. Sit simply crossing your legs or in some yogic posture/asan as you feel comfortable.
- Close your eyes and fold your hands in the namaskar position. Breathe deeply and focus on your third eye between your eyebrows.
- Chant any mantra of your choice, gayatri or Mahammrutunjai or Shrisukta or any beej mantra or even Ganpati atharvasheersha or any of your favourite Sanskrit mantra. If you are not sure about mantras you can recite Om.
- Continue chanting with intention and focus and soon you will start feeling your palms getting warm even hot. Do this for a few days and you will feel a whirring in your palms as you start noticing the chakras via your palms.
- Once you are able to sense your palm chakras, the energy of the universe is accessible to you. If you start some spiritual practice and do it regularly your body will be able to channel more and more quantum of energy. You can use this energy to heal yourself or others.
Spiritual practice shuts down the conscious mind so that the sub-conscious is allowed to express itself. Our minds are so tired, thinking and thinking all this time without rest that we do not notice our own energy. It is rather sad that we are so caught up thinking about what is outside of us that we do not have the time to notice our own selves.
So go ahead, try this small exercise and start by noticing the movement of energy in your own bodies.