A total or annular solar eclipse is coming up on 4th Dec 2021. This map shows the areas affected.
- The white colored land areas and light blue colored sea areas will not witness the eclipse.
- The light grey to dark blue colored seas will see a partial eclipse. The orange tips of Africa, New Zealand and Australia will see a partial eclipse, ie the solar disc will be shadowed to some extent. Progressively darker shades will mean more of the disc being obscured. Entire Antarctica will see the eclipse. Totality will be visible in the South Seas and a sizeable chunk of Antarctica.
People, if any, in these areas will have to take precautions regarding the eclipse. But this time the eclipse will influence limited human inhabitations. However it affecting Antarctica, ie the South pole and oceans around it will cause disturbances in the ocean, wind and weather patterns which originate from this area. Totality is lasting for just over 1hr, so its effect on the global levels will last for about 1-2yrs and gradually fade over 3-4yrs .
(This data from timeanddate.com)
The astrological configuration.
- Sun Moon and Mercury in Jeyshtha nakshatra in Scorpio.
- Ketu in Anuradha nakshatra, Scorpio.
- Mars in Vishakha nakshatra, at 29deg 20min at the end of Libra. He is within 15deg of Ketu so is involved in the eclipse energy.
- Rahu in Krutika nakshatra, in Taurus.
- Venus in Uttarashadha, Sagittarius. Jupiter in Dhanishtha, Aquarius. Saturn in Shravan, Capricorn. These three are not involved in the eclipse.
Planets involved – Sun, Moon, Mercury, Mars, Rahu, Ketu. Ketu is doing the eclipse this time.
Nakshtra involved are Jeyshtha, Anuradha, Vishakha and Krutika.
Analysis of the eclipse in brief.
This eclipse follows the long lunar eclipse of 19th Nov 2021 so it will influence, exaggerate the effects triggered by this eclipse energy. Very few humans and nations are directly involved now but the effect on South Pole means that there will be critical impact on the earth as a whole. Environment, weather etc are going to be more affected.
Krutika Nakshatra lies partially in Aries 1/4th and in Taurus 3/4th. The Nakshatra devata is Agni. Rahu in Krutika is a sensitive position and he will try to create violent and destructive situations. Misuse of creativity and increase in ego. An increased desire to solve issues by fighting. A need to provoke, defend and offend. Misguided behaviour with reduced regard for diplomacy, social harmony, rest, etc. Body parts connected to Krutika are face and neck, so ailments connected to these areas can be triggered.
Vishakha nakshatra lies partially in Libra 3/4th and in Scorpio 1/4th. It is linked to Jupiter and ruled by Indra Agni. Mars is in Vishakha during the eclipse. Political and military posturing will increase and there is a possibility of outright war. Aggressive and misguided decisions will be taken by self centric and ambitious political leaders. Violence, impulsiveness and ruin is expected in some areas of life. Body parts are kidneys, adrenals and the lower abdomen, diseases related to these areas are possible.
One day after the eclipse, Mars will be joining Ketu, Sun, Moon, Mercury in Scorpio, which is a potentially dangerous situation. Some things will be trigged in everyone’s lives which may have a long term and destructive impact.
Anuradha nakshatra lies completely within the Scorpio sign. During the eclipse Ketu will be in Anuradha. Illusions are Rahu which mesmerise everyone and Ketu is the reality which is ignored. What is really happening at the Rahu’s end has to seen from Ketu’s position in Anuradha. It is ruled by Mitra and linked to Saturn. Saturnine energies magnified by the limitless Ketu is past Karma due in a big way. This can create confrontations, threatening situations, loss of livelihood, sudden deaths, communal violence, fanaticism, a sense of rebellion, everyone wanting to break free from whatever is binding them. Several will leave their physical bindings too. Body parts linked to Anuradha are reproductive organs, hips, lower abdomen. Drain on stored ‘reserves’, ie health, spiritual or financial etc. Actions may be required for self-preservation. ‘Sensitivity’ will increase, mental issues are possible. He is in a Pushkar navamsha, so as long as the energies of the eclipse remain active, he will deny support. Especially intense effects are possible from mid-Dec 2021 to mid-Feb 2022, positive or negative will be determined by the individual charts.
Jeyshtha nakshatra is ruled by Indra and linked to the planet Mercury. This is the main background energy filter as Sun and Moon are present here. It is a no Moon, Amavasya day. This eclipse indicates a loss of protection in several ways, including by taking unacceptable risks. Failure in governance due to inability to exercise or misuse of authority. Carefully built images of prominent people will crack. Astral and unseen forces will try to overpower and the general public may see adverse times. The weaker sections of the society will suffer more. Secret health issues can erupt unexpectedly. Negative emotions like loneliness, jealousy, pettiness, vengeance, age, tiredness will take its toll. Finances will remain affected. The energy of this eclipse can be used for occult activities, deep spiritual practices, exercising one’s authority especially the planning part etc.
On the global levels, there will be aggression, political turmoil, military activity and unrest. Health will be affected. Travel and other restrictions on life will increase. Weather will be unpredictable. Rain, hail and snow will be unpredictable and unprecedented. Winds, flow of air, will be affected, it will be cold. Winter crops may be spoilt. The world and the earth itself will suffer in subtle ways as a tendency for self-destruction is triggered.
Brief predictions for your birth Moon sign or the ascendant sign. Readings from the birth Moon give the emotional context. Reading from the ascendant sign gives the physical context. This eclipse will affect Taurus and Scorpio the most. Whatever these signs mean for you in your chart, expect karmic events to occur which will affect you for the next 1yr or so. The immediate effects last for about 2 weeks before and after the eclipse.
- For Aries, Taurus in the 2nd house, a negative effect on the finances and health of family members. Scorpio is the 8th sign, so take adequate precautions, avoid risky behaviour. Sudden health issues can erupt.
- For both Taurus and Scorpio, all the effects described above will be seen. For Scorpios, Saturn being favourable has helped.
- Gemini needs to take due care. Service requirements, profession, etc will be difficult, rest will be denied, tiredness and loneliness will predominate.
- Cancer and Leo both feel the effects of all eclipse acutely as their owners Moon and Sun are directly involved in it. For Cancer, expected gains will be stuck for some time. Your children can be a source of concern. Avoid speculation and investing in risky ventures. And for Leo, if your birth chart is good then you can use this energy in your profession. Avoid selfishness and ego in your professional ventures and they can be successful now, Saturn is helping you.
- Virgo can use this energy fruitfully if the birth chart is strong. Doing some pujas of your family deities before taking up anything new in this time will help
- For Libra, Mars in the last degree can cause unexpected problems but will also help resolve them. Avoid risks and pay attention to your budget, health and rest.
- Sagittarius’s sleep and rest will be affected, disturbing dreams or astral events are possible. Keep a track of your dreams and in case there is anything take corrective action.
- Capricorns can use this energy to gain if their birth chart is strong. Similarly Aquarius can also keep themselves on a generally average track. As usual Pisces will have the best time of the lot as Saturn is currently favourable for them. (Right now the strongest graha in the skies is Saturn, so if your Saturn is auspicious either in the birth chart or in transit, you will be in a better position to tide through.)
This coming time has the following additional influences operating adding to to the eclipse effects.
- Venus going retrograde from 19th Dec – 29th Jan
- Mercury going combust 3rd Dec – 7th Jan
- Kaal sarpa operating in its full and partial modes.
(I have written several posts on analysing eclipses and on the past eclipses. Do use the index)