Everyone wants wealth and is interested in how much money can be made in life. Generally there are two things which influence money gain in your life. One is the wealth making (dhan yog) combinations in your horoscope and second is your efforts in that direction. Sudden wealth is also possible when the potential of the birth chart, the ekadashamsha, the D11 and the dasha/ transits all come together. A very basic post to pique your interest.
From the birth horoscope the important houses are the 2nd, 5th, 9th and 11th. These and their lords should be powerful. (Check out their condition in the Navamsha and their Ashtakvarga scores). If these are well placed the person does not face any money crunch in life.
- The 11th house is also the house of gains and you can get some pointers on how this gain will be utilized by checking out the influences on the 11th house lord. Eg If this planet is in an earthy sign he will allow investments in fixed assets.
- Further there should be some interactions among all these. Eg, if the 2nd and 11th lord are placed together in the 5th or 9th house it will give significant amount of wealth. Or if all the four lords of these houses are together in the 5th or 9th houses, it will give immense wealth.
The Indu lagna is often used as a short cut. If you feel that reading the divisional charts is difficult then you can cross check the potential of the birth chart like this. First a small math to locate the Indu lagna house. Eg Libra ascendant, Moon in Pisces (This is a combination from one of my clients, is rich, has got wealth from the parents, from the spouse and has self-earned wealth too).
- Step 1 – Find out your 9th house from the rising sign/ ascendant, your regular 9th house. Note its sign and thus its planetary ruler. In our example, 9th from ascendant sign is Gemini ruled by Mercury
- Step 2 – Now find out the 9th house from the birth moon sign. Note its sign and thus its planetary ruler too. In our example, 9th from birth Moon is Scorpio ruled by Mars.
- Step 3 – Here is a list of values, (Sun = 30, Moon = 16, Mercury = 8, Venus = 12, Mars = 6, Jupiter = 10 and Saturn = 1) Add the values of the planets you have identified eg Mercury + Mars = 8 + 6 = 14. Divide this sum by 12, eg 14 divided by 12. The Quotient is 1 and the Remainder is 2. We discard the quotient and use the retainer figure further.
- Step 4 – in our example the remainder is 2. So count the 2nd house from the birth Moon in Pisces. So counted second is Aries. Thus Aries is called the Indu Lagna or the wealth generating ascendant for this example. (If the remainder is Zero. Then the house counted twelfth from the birth Moon is the Indu lagna. If the remainder is 1, the house occupied by the birth Moon itself is the Indu lagna.)
The Indu lagna can add to your understanding of the wealth prospects of your birth chart. Analyse the Indu lagna like this. Reorient the birth chart so that the Indu lagna sign is seen as the first house. So you have one new chart with the Indu lagna as the first house. Keep your birth chart and this new chart both in front of you. So in our example we will consider the sign Aries as the first house and read like this for the new Indu lagna chart,
- First of all, the sign Aries, planets placed in it or aspecting it, Mars and influences on him etc should be positive. Aries sign and Mars planet should be placed well. If the Indu lagna and its owner are well placed you will never want for money in life. Mars also rules the 2nd house in the basic birth chart. (There is a pattern emerging linking the basic birth chart and the Indu lagna chart)
- Then the signs placed 2nd and 11th from the Indu lagna should be poised to give auspicious results and more importantly their owner planets should be strongly placed. This is the most important condition for generating wealth. In our example it is Taurus and Aquarius owned by Venus and Saturn. Now if you compare this with the basic birth chart, the ascendant lord himself is Venus and Saturn is the Yogkarak the biggest benefic, also the owner of the 5th house. (Venus and Saturn are now both playing an important role in the birth chart and the Indu lagna chart. Also Venus is the natural ruler of Luxuries/Relationships and Saturn of Luck/Money.)
- This wealth generation will be augmented if the signs placed 4th, 7th, 10th counted from the Indu lagna are capable of positive results. In our example these are Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. (Cancer is the 10th house of the birth chart, Libra/Venus is the birth ascendant and Capricorn/Saturn is the 4th house in the birth chart. I hope you are seeing the patterns.)
- Planets placed in the 6th, 8th or 12th houses from the Indu lagna are not considered favourable for the finances of the horoscope.
The 11th Divisional chart, Rudramsha or Ekadashamsha
The Ekadashamsha, the 11th divisional chart is used for checking out the entire wealth potential of the individual.
- ‘Wealth’ is a word seen differently by different people. So if you have benefic planets, exalted, in friendly signs, with good Navamsha and Ashtakvarga positions naturally you will conclude that these are positive influences. The person will earn money and also respect in society, he will earn by legit means and earning money will give real ‘gain’.
- But if you have planets which are debilitated, weak ashtakvarga scores, malefic, otherwise not very favourable but receive a benefic aspect from even a single powerful planet, then they also can generate sudden wealth. But such wealth might be gained by underhand means, by going against the conscience, or through crime etc. You might not be able to call it ‘auspicious’ in the real sense. Eg someone’s son dies and he gets the life insurance. Or he financial crimes and gets money.
The rules for seeing the divisional charts are more or less similar (I have written about navamsha analysis). Divisional charts are first and foremost linked to the ‘signs’. To interpret, you have to have the birth chart and divisional chart both open before you. Sometimes it is easier to work with paper/pencil than software. Listing out just two simple steps, which any beginner can attempt.
Step 1 – open your basic birth chart and see which signs occupy your 2nd, 5th, 9th and 11th houses. Now open the D-11, check if any auspicious planets get placed in these signs here in the D11. These planets will add to the ‘gain’ possibilities.
Step 2 – open your birth chart and see which signs occupy the 6th, 8th, 12th houses. Then open the D-11 and check if there are any planets placed in these signs here in the D11. These planets will not give pleasing results with respect to ‘gain’.
- eg Suppose in the D-11, Venus is in the sign of the 6th house, but he is strong in the Ashtakvarga, so this might mean that the person might gain from illegal means as a part of his profession, he might take bribes or expensive gifts.
- eg Suppose in the D-11, Mercury is in the sign of the 8th house, but he is strong in the Navamsha. He might give gain eg legacies from the deaths of siblings.
- eg Suppose in the D-11, Moon is in the sign of the 12th house. Suppose that he is just average in the Ashtakvarga or the Navamsha. Then such a person might make money but will be unable to save significantly
Evaluate the D-11 to know how the potential of the 11th house of gains unfolds. A powerful D11, can indicate easy gains without struggles. Eg lottery, stock markets, legacies, speculation, gambling etc, the exact source/nature of gain will depend on the connected signs/ planets and their dignities. Eg 11th house if connected with the 10th house in some way will give easy gains through profession, easy promotions, etc.
Look out for patterns, if you get 2 or more patterns giving the same interpretation, it is more likely to happen. Jyotish is all about patterns. We use so many divisional charts, tables, dashas, transits and stuff so that we are sure about what we are predicting. If an event is about to happen it will reflect everywhere. One single combination does not make a reading.
As usual the events will be triggered by significant Dasha periods. Do not skip this step. Birth chart, Dasha and transits are all equally important. The promise of the birth horoscope is made real only when the appropriate time arrives. Dasha periods belonging to planets/ signs connected to the 2nd, 5th, 9th and 11th houses are capable of generating wealth. So during these times keep an eye out for any likely opportunity.
For transits, draw your basic birth chart on a paper. With a different coloured pen write the current transits in it. I know that software does this, but there is no substitute for pen/ paper. In the transiting planets, check for the following at the very least. More planets transiting in the Kendra (1st, 4th, 7th 10th) and Kona (5th 9th) houses. Saturn should be transiting in the 2nd 5th 9th or 11th houses. And Jupiter also should be transiting in the 2nd 5th 9th or 11th houses or aspecting the lord of any of these houses. If any of these patterns exist, then expect a sudden gain sometime soon.
‘Wealth’ is a very dicey proposition to predict. My perception on wealth can differ from what the client wants. But this much is quite sufficient to predict periods when sudden gain of wealth, money, property etc is possible. We have combined 4-5 techniques of basic birth chart, navamsha, ashtakvarga, ekadashamsha, Indu lagna and tried to link all this with the Dasha and transits so our prediction will be reasonably accurate.