Over the years of counselling clients, I have seen their various types of horoscopes and followed their lives. The most complicated ascendent is Cancer or “karka lagna”. Cancer is the 4th sign of the Zodiac ruled by Moon/Chandra.
Our lives are most defined by our personality, this is the realm of the first house. This first house also defines the status in society, vitality, the personal ego, sense of self, the face and the physical structure too.
For the Cancer ascendent person the personality has the following challenges. These challenges are felt even more acutely by males than females. I am describing the worst case scenario below. The situation may be better if there are stabilizing aspects from benefic planets like Jupiter.
- Moon in the sky changes its sign every 2.25 days. So the lord of the ascendent in transit changes its aspect on the native every 2.25 days. Also as the moon completes one round of the zodiac in 28 days the person has his ascendent lord return every month! This makes the personality very fluid. These persons may seem actually fatter or thinner or visibly weak/stronger every 2.25 days. They are “new” every 2.25 days and completely different every 28 days.
- The personality is very changeable. The emotional nature is highly unpredictable. Whenever the transit moon is 6th, 8th and 12th from the ascendent sign or the birth moon sign these persons will have something going wrong on an emotional level which then spills over on their physical bodies too. So approx 13 days out of 28 days they will be emotional or physical wrecks for no good reason.
- These individuals are highly passionate, attracted to the opposite sex from a young age and have a good number of pre marital and extra marital affairs or follow a cycle of marriage divorce remarriage. The reason is that they are highly attractive themselves, beautiful even. And they also get attracted very easily to romance, beauty and multiple partners. As per the stories the Moon has 27 wives, the 27 constellations/nakshatras and spends 1 day of the month with each of his wives. So a Cancer ascendant person can never be satisfied with material pleasures, needs constant change.
- They are never satisfied with their wife/husband. This is because the 7th house from Cancer is Capricorn. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn. The partners of Cancer are highly stable individuals, resistant to change, hard working, restrictive, strict, unromantic, Saturnine. They are highly conscious of their work and role in society. Cancer ascendants will always be attracted to and marry but soon get bored with their destined Saturn partners. Thus the huge number of affairs.
By now you might think that I am taking pot shots at the Cancer personalities. No, I want to make them aware that, ‘you have chosen a hard path and you need to listen from someone how hard it is’. And also to tell them, how can they make the most of the unique opportunities that Cancer ascendent has to offer.
- Accept the fact that the Moon is going to make or break you and request for his help. Every Monday think of the Moon with gratitude. You can recite the beej mantra of the moon, “Om shrang shring shroung sah chandraya namah, om”, once, thrice, 108 times as you wish.
- Calculate the the days when you are possibly going to trip emotionally from this post. Count the transit moon signs 6th, 8th and 12th from your ascendent and birth moon sign both. About 13 days out of 28. On those days eat one spoon of curd and sugar first thing in the morning.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks. This is one risk you simply cannot afford to take. Substitute with a lemon soda or grape juice or something, but avoid alcohol.
- If you are unmarried as yet, get married only after matching the horoscopes. The Indian method of horoscope matching ensures that you get the best possible option. Remember that you will be most stable with a Saturn oriented wife/husband. The Saturn partner ultimately is the best choice for them as only a Saturn can patiently tolerate and live with this Cancer personality.
- Remember you are more than your emotions and your lovers. Look inside you, you are a natural philosopher as you are aware of philosophical internal conflicts and humanities deepest natures. Write about it! You have the creative seeds of a significant writer or artist. This will help you in bringing out your deepest emotions and framing it in words or art will help you understand yourself better.
- And the best for the last. The cancer ascendent has the best built in option for spirituality. If you can get that moon driven Mind under the control of your Consciousness, that is it! A cancer ascendent is a level up in the game of spiritual development. You can be great in the spiritual arena. The energies of the subconscious and unconscious states will always be very easily accessible to you. Learn to manipulate energy, learn reiki, learn to see auras, learn tarot/cartomancy, runes, iChing. Learn to control your mind. Meditate, do Dhyan. In my blog there are lots of easy 5 minute a day baby practices which may appeal to you. Be aware of yourself and Practice!
Cancer ascendants need to follow established rules and pathways. They follow their parents, teachers, and their traditional culture/customs. They have a very deeply emotional inner self which is accessible and guides them. As Moon’s major character is to reflect and absorb, also take not of the planet who is conjunct/aspecting this Moon, the Ascendant Lord.
So Cancer Ascendent, the most unique of the ascendants, 1/12th of the population will have it. You are humans with such great potentials but always challenged by your Minds. Rise up the challenge and may your Consciousness win!