This post is a continuation to the part 1 linked here.
Now for those charts who do not follow the Vedic definition of Vivah there are certain pointers. This does not happen much in India, but here is a logical answer based on Vedic astrology principles. As this question relates to a person’s very personal psychology you need to analyse things in detail before coming to a conclusion. The positions from the birth chart D-1 will indicate the manifested reality. Counting from the birth moon sign will give the emotional context and the Navamsha, 9th Divisional chart D-9 will give an insight into the astral/sub-conscious expectations.
- The Ascendant and Ascendant lord. There is a deviation from the Dharma of the biological sex which the client him/herself had chosen at birth. So there will be discomfort and malefic influences here. The personality and its environment are at odds and in extreme unease.
- In a female nativity, the ascendant sign or ascendant lord being under the effect of neuter or masculine planets. In male nativities the same being under the influence of female/neuter planets.
- Malefic planets placed here or aspecting, especially the influences on the Ascendant lord.
- Ascendant lord being placed in 6th, 8th, 12th houses will also tend towards secret diseases, shorter life-spans and several secret losses in life.
- The power of the ascendant lord to give benefic results is very important. Where is he placed and is he comfortable? Is he in the sign of a friend/neutral/enemy planet, is he exalted/debilitated, or combust, or retrograde, or conjoint or aspected by malefics/benefics etc. Can you expect it to give its results completely or not? Has it matured etc. Do check this out carefully.
- The emotional context is also conflicted. The client had chosen his biological sex at birth, thus the mirror sex too at birth. Some event occurred somewhere which caused a change in the way ‘gender’ was felt later. Then the answers must come from the astral/sub-conscious realm too. So analyse the Moon, the sign he is placed in and the planets conjoint and aspects. Dissociative and malefic influences should predominate.
- The 5th house – This is the house of creativity and higher education and also represents selfish passions, lust and self-referential behaviours.
- The natural ruler of the 5th house is the Sun (Leo being the natural 5th house of the Zodiac). The Royal one is often not bothered with rules, equitable alliances and considers himself above the society.
- Malefic influences on the 5th house will turn the chart away from socially accepted spousal relationships.
- Check the position of the 5th house and its owner’s placements too.
- 5th house represents children too, obviously denial of naturally conceived children will be indicated here.
- The 7th house is true alliances and legal partnerships which are recognised by the society and also the soul.
- the 7th house represents Vivah. In such charts the 7th house will be under malefic influences which will deny marriage. Check out the aspects on the 7th house and the placement of the 7th lord.
- Venus will also not be very comfortable wherever he may be. He always has a subtle influence on the legally accepted and witnessed alliances of the 7th.
- The 8th house for hormonal issues and oddities related to the reproductive organs. Also analyse the owner of the 8th house. Mars as always with his subtle influence will be a factor.
- The 9th house is the Dharmasthan. The ancestors are seen from here. Do you have permission from them to carry forward their DNA? Check out the owner of this house and also Jupiter with his subtle influence on the matters of the 9th house.
- Finally the 12th house will show some irregularities regarding sexual activity.
Wherever there is breaking of rules and taboos you will have Rahu. He will flaunt himself, until he loses control and falls. Saturn to some extent can control Rahu’s society-disruptive behaviour. Sun, if decides to turn bad, will be selfish, the rock-star bad boy, and will break rules. Such a Sun will develop a strange above-the-masses type of ego, not be bothered with societal norms. Moon if scared of losing emotional security, under Saturn’s influence or debilitation or goaded by Mars will seek comfort in which ever way makes sense to him. Now if there is support from other planets, this Moon can seek comfort in breaking the rules. Mercury in his childishness or peer pressure may experiment in college and with friends. Venus if debilitated may decide to seek pleasure in the off-the-beaten-track. Ketu is headless and if gets in the driver’s seat on relationships you really dont know what all he can get into! But the gist is, look into vulnerable planets and houses which are responsible for mental and emotional security. Relationships and intimate pleasures.
I hope these posts have been of some use for you. However as you are required to respond to questions and counsel people on their relationships with their partners, I would suggest using Cards, both Cartomancy or Tarot give very good answers. Or Runes. These divination systems give on the spot and amazingly accurate answers. And if you ask questions like, ‘What can be done to make this situation better?’ you will be able to counsel regarding the best possible line of action. But if you want to use Astrology, consider focussing on the 5th house rather than the 7th house as an indicator of such partnerships. You can also use Prashna rather than a full blown astrological chart analysis if there is only a single pressing question.
So now for those who reject the Vivah Sanskar, do search into the childhood memories of the male and female relatives you were in contact with. Evaluate especially your deepest feelings related to your mother and father (and grandad/grandmom if they lived with you.) Why did you choose to reject your birth choice of biological sex, male/female and the associated biological sex mirror image? Why did you change your definition of ‘gender’?. ‘Sex’ is a reality it is biological, ‘gender’ is a concept, an idea. You cannot change your sex, it is either XX or XY but you can change your gender. Why did you choose to search for a person of the same sex and the same/opposite gender as yours, in your search to fill your blanks? There is no right or wrong but you need to know why? Even if you fail a school paper you want to know why!
Even for those who are in abusive and chaotic marriages, do this bit of introspection. Why? The spouse is behaving the way you want him/her to behave in your deepest subconscious. Why have you held such damaging beliefs so tightly in your depths? You are experiencing your own beliefs, fears, expectations and karmic baggage through your spouse. Marriage amplifies all of our feelings about our own self. We receive our deepest Karmic lessons from those closest to us. We love someone, means we wish him/her the deepest happiness. We expect the same love from him/her. In short we expect validation. But validation from another human will always be erratic and uncertain. All relationships will have their periods of tensions and problems, one cannot expect a complete merging with another human. Even in the closest relationships there exists an infinite distance.
So understand that you have to love yourself too, wish yourself the deepest happiness. That is the way you will ultimately realise the consciousness in your own self and the real source of happiness.
There is no right or wrong. Each one chooses their path and then accepts the consequences of the choice.