The energies called Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are created by the chakras/energy vertices of your body. Rahu and Ketu are not linked any chakra as such because they are in subtle sense unreal. They are the forces of attraction and apathy which pull and push at your soul, distorting the perfection of your internal geometry. ‘You’ exist within your Sushumna naadi, the central energy channel. There are smaller energy channels flowing alongside the Sushumna and throughout your body.This vitality of this nadi network and pran flow is a function of Mars. If you severely damage a body part, its corresponding naadi also gets damaged. I tore the ligaments of my knee when I was in college, the injury was permanent and I can see the pran in this naadi in this knee flows in a twisted way, it is a permanent damage to my energy body too. (So take care of your back and head.)
If you have been doing regular spiritual practice, by now you should be able to see your naadi/chakra network and the pran flowing through it. Perhaps you have tried making a chi ball? Now let’s try seeing the pran flowing in someone else. Get your friend to be your ‘subject’. This is how you do it.
Sit comfortably facing each other in a dimly lit room. Your friend should hold both his hands forward, palms facing inwards towards each other, about 6 inches apart. His palm chakras will automatically start making an energy ball. Now you should sit in front of him and put your own palms between or around his like this diagram (there are two options both work, choose which feels more comfortable to you). Don’t touch his palms keep a few centimeres distance. So now your own palm chakras are making their own energy chi ball which is within or around his chi ball as per your palm position. And your and your friend’s energy bodies are interacting very deeply. Now you should close your eyes and focus in at your third eye.
We might think we see with our eyes and taste with our tongue but actually our consciousness resides at the third eye (Kuthastha), you do everything from here. Your Ajnya chakra controls the allocation of pran. (Ajnya means ‘to order’) Your soul/Jivatma sits here at the Kuthastha (depth of the joint) point.
- From your third eye, now ‘look’ into your friends body. Try to see his chakras, they will be easily visible spinning away in their colors, red at the lower end of the spine, then orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, white/shimmery at the very top of the head.
- You can also sense the direction of the spin. If your friend is a woman in her monthly cycle (5 days) her chakras will be spinning anticlockwise, otherwise they are clockwise. For men they always spin clockwise. Anticlockwise spinning chakras means destruction is going on inside the body. So if you ever see someone’s chakras going anticlockwise tell them to be careful of their health.
- You can then try to see the energy lines/naadis from these chakras, they will be seen radiating, dividing and subdividing getting smaller and finer. Near the chakras they will be of the colors of the chakra and as they go farther away they turn generic shimmery.
- Now if your friend has a permanent injury, like I have in my knee, you can ‘look’ at this portion of his body, you will see the pran moving in jerky movement here, not in a smooth flow.
- And finally you can scan the internal organs, if they are healthy the pran flow there will be strong, but if there is a problem the flow will be jerky, thin or even nil.
So enough of theory, check out how much you have actually gained with your spiritual practice. Yes, Shri Krishna says in the Bhagwat Gita that one should do one’s practice/work/karma and not really bother with the outcome. But there are pointers on the spiritual route which tell you that you are moving. This exercise is about checking the pointers.
Try this simple exercise when you are relaxed and your surroundings are silent. It will give you a new perspective on how you really look like.