‘Boldness’ in astrological terms is the domain of the 3rd house. ‘Parakrama’, valour and courage in a horoscope is seen from here. So to find out how brave you are in life, pull out your chart. The physical environment and the manifested stuff is the D-1, so in your regular chart which has your rising sign as the 1st house check these out.
- Do a quick overview of the ascendant sign and ascendant lord and your birth moon placement and then get down to the actual 3rd house.
- The sign placed in the 3rd house, and its owner planet. Also where is this owner planet placed?
- The planets placed in this 3rd house and which houses do they own
- Check out the power of all these planets to give results. Are they retrograde, debilitated, exalted, combust, malefic or benefic, or conjunct with malefics, or aspected by malefics/benefics. Are they with friendly/enemy planets? In short, how comfortable these planets are and how well will they give their results.
- Now the natural 3rd sign of the zodiac is Gemini and Mercury is its owner. So check out how these two are placed in your chart, as they will exert a subtle influence wherever they might be placed.
Next your emotional context from the birth moon chart, the same one as above redrawn with your birth moon sign as the 1st house. How do you really feel being courageous and bold in front of others. Are you outwardly quite outgoing but internally cringe at the thought of giving a presentation? For this you will analyse the 3rd house counted from the birth moon sign in the same way as you did above. e.g. you have Saturn placed here he will restrict and constrict your personal courage, Jupiter will help benevolently expand, Mars will add aggressiveness and competition, Mercury will make it analytical and communicative, Sun will make it self-referential and a bit egoistic, Venus will want balance and beauty, Rahu will make it calculative, sneaky even and Ketu here will cause you to be not too bothered about how strongly you take a stand in life!
The astral/subconscious expectations from your D-9 Navamsha chart. If you know your exact birth time, I do advise checking out the divisional chart 9. (Any Vedic astrology software will give this chart.) This gives a glimpse into your deeper astral self and on what is potentially available with you. If you have the potential you can consciously manifest it in your life. You might check these two things. (If you find it is too complicated, leave it!)
- The 3rd house sign from the D-1 above, where has it shifted to? If it shifts to any of the dushamsthana (6th, 8th or 12th houses) or has been occupied by malefic planets here, its potential will reduce.
- The owner of the 3rd house of the D-1, where does he shift to? If it lands up in ‘good houses’, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th it will increase the potential.
So now you have a fair idea of how well you can speak up. Some of us can’t, here are a few things you can do to attract the energies of courage into yourself. Choose to change yourself!
Communicate, start talking – When you have 2 mins free, stand in front of the mirror and tell yourself the one thing that interested you in your day today. Describe your car, your lunch, the weather, your grocery shopping, something that scared you, the smell of a perfume, anything that registered. Observe your face and body language as you do this. Encourage yourself!
Sing – Being a bathroom singer is a good idea! Your favourite song, just a few lines, just for a couple of minutes a day. Or hum along any random tune, gets rid of stress.
Write something – Just a couple of lines a day. A thought, or something you said or heard, something that touched you, made an impact, made you happy or sad, anything, but write. This is your personal thing so be true to yourself. Keep a secret diary.
Learn a new word every day – There are so many dictionary apps, download one and learn a new word a day. A word is a tiny thing, but this will tell your mind that you are anticipating something new everyday, looking forward to learning, being curious, and doing something about it. As you open your app every day, so will you start opening new doors for your personality to express itself every day. A small change triggering something big.
Travel – Go for day or half-day tours once a month either alone or in a small group with your friends/family. Visit your local museum, local historical places, a botanical park, zoo, your local park, sea-side, fun-fairs, a short trek, a picnic, local farmers market, craft fairs, whatever is available in your city. Try to be with nature or learn something new on your day-tour. Observe other people, children, animals, trees or the water, you will always see something new. (going shopping in a commercial mall is not a day tour!)
And finally, use your hands – Open out your hands, look at them, the palms, the fingers and the back of your hands. These are your tools, you do everything with your hands, hold, touch, love. So use them, type, sew, knit, write, grasp, paint, create with your hands. As you use your hands for more things, you will find more opportunities coming to you. Open up.
These are a few tiny actions which you can mindfully do regularly. These are the keywords of Mercury and Gemini, you are practicing with their energies. You can always think your way out, your creativity and intention is your power, use it to be more assertive in life. Express yourself and be free.
Love your article on how to find boldness astrologically – I’m shy with people but bold in other ways!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi there ..
just try to bring the keywords of Mercury into your life, law of attraction will take care of the rest
LikeLiked by 2 people
Where do I find ‘my’ chart??
Hi there, there are several websites like which give free vedic horoscope based on your birth data. They are shown in several formats.
whichever format you use the system is the same the rising sign is counted as your first house and so on..
I am a vedic astrologer so I use the complete suite of Parashars Light software on the laptop..
for iphone I use Drik panchang frm Adarsh apps and fr android I use hindu calender app by alok mandavgane..
LikeLiked by 2 people
I do have Drik Panchang on mobile. I don’t understand it but will see if I can learn. Thanks! 😊
My birthday is April 24. I grew up thinking I was a Taurus but when I used the Drik Panchang it said I was Aries. I always heard that each sign was the 21st to the 21st of each month, so April 24 would already be Taurus. Is this wrong? Am I Aries?
Hi there.. there is a basic maths difference in western and vedic
1. vedic uses the correct mathematical calculation where we take into account the precession of the earth.. i.e the tilt of the earth and the way it wobbles like a top..
2. western calculations does not take into account the tilt of the earth thus the maths is faulty..
3. so there is a 23deg difference in these systems.. western math went wrong about 2000 yrs ago .. they stopped doing the corrections for the tilt of the earth..
4. vedic gives more importance to the birth moon and ascendent..
5. western considers the sun sign and ascendant sign to be more important
6. as per vedic maths the sun changes sign every 15th of the month..
7. western math has gone so much out of hand that they are now adding asteroids and stuff adding more confusion to their already faulty math..
so if you are following western math it will confuse.
I am a vedic/Indian astrologer and have used this maths all my life and it has always been accurate.
LikeLiked by 3 people
Wow! Thanks. 😊
You are welcome 😀