This is a brief post on analysing transits. I have written a previous post on transits of Rahu/Ketu here. They are in perpetual retrograde motion so as to replay the lessons of your life, this enables you to learn them very deeply. Rahu/Ketu work intensely on the psychological and inner spiritual levels. Now the recent transit (March 2019 to September 2020) of Rahu/Ketu into the 3rd/9th sign Gemini owned by Mercury and Sagittarius owned by Jupiter has already started giving startling events around the world. Gemini and Sagittarius are quite suitable environments for Rahu/ Ketu, some astrologers consider them exalted here. Thus their effects are going to be very intense and extreme. Rahu-Ketu work at the deepest levels, through sudden and unpredictable events.
Consider the world events and also your personal events which occurred 18 yrs ago, between 2000-2002. Go back in your life 18yrs to evaluate what had happened, what was its effect on you physically, emotionally and spiritually. Something similar will happen again.
The last time, 18yrs ago from July 2000 to Feb-2002, world events included, the dot-com bubble burst, Concorde flight crash and the company’s bankruptcy, launch of Wikipedia, first iPod launched by Apple, Mir space station brought down, the world’s first space tourist, hijacked planes, terrorist attacks on World Trade Center etc, deaths of thousands, thus mindset of the world changed permanently, a continuing ‘war on terrorism’ which strangely continues till date, Euro notes/coins entered public circulation as a powerful new currency, cyborg tech successfully developed, etc. So you had your Mercury, Jupiter, Rahu, Ketu keywords being reflected quite nicely back then, and somewhat similar things will happen now.
Rahu in Gemini, the natural 3rd house of the zodiac will cause the following, use the keywords and interlink them to get these readings.
- Rahu in the house of Mercury will cause anxiety, depression, addictions, suicidal thoughts and other psychological problems caused by ‘over-stimulation’ and ‘over-thinking’. Mercury is highly adaptable and responds to events quite successfully, but rapid and high intensity changes cause him to burn out.
- Increase in risky behaviour triggered in same-age groups causing accidents. E.g a same-age/family/friends group goes for an adventure trail, trek, picnic etc and gets into an accident.
- Teenagers are very impressionable individuals and under the influence of Rahu will be involved in risky activities maybe crime or drugs etc. Disguises and concealments. Parents/teachers unable to communicate effectively with their teenage kids.
- The flow of information, intelligence, database management, information analysis will be affected. In short there will be misinformation and misunderstandings on all levels. Cheating in financial sectors; banking sector will be hit with scams and cybercrime, people will lose trust in banks.
- Pollution caused by information networks will reach dangerous levels, this will include subtle radiation to discordant noises. The world will be a noisier place with all shouting for attention.
- Increase diseases related chest, heart and lungs. Also incurable and strange diseases will increase. Faulty diagnosis will increase and inappropriate medication given.
Rahu will conjunct Mars, both malefics during May-June 2019. Severe results again with Mars intensifying Rahu with his aggression, competitiveness, rage and high energy at all levels possible, tempers will remain high and will snap. e.g. wars, road rage, local fights, raised voices in the house etc. (Mars will aspect Ketu too during this period, thus fueling his energies too.)
Now Ketu in Sagittarius. Here we already have Saturn and he will move out into Capricorn in Jan 2020. So till then, Ketu and Saturn both malefics are together. Ketu has become even more powerful with extremely increased ability to give his ‘separative’ results. So be prepared for separations at every level, mental, physical spiritual. (Saturn will be aspecting Rahu during this period, adding to his energy, one result could be that people will take calculated risks.)
- Foundations of life for many will be shaken and torn apart. This may mean more divorces, or abandonment issues, teachers going rogue, students not learning etc. Priests/pandits will not perform well, and rituals done may not bear fruit. People will question established religions and rituals.
- These life shaking detachment type of events will turn several to internal spirituality. (more after Jan 2020 when just Jupiter and Ketu are together, Saturn moves on)
- Universities and institutes of higher learning, religious schools, monasteries etc will fail to perform or come into disrepute. Temples, monasteries etc may be physically demolished even.
- The patrons, peer groups and paternal figures will not cooperate, create tensions and abandon. Those who are supposed to guide will not. Guidance will come from inside only if people listen.
- If you have any pitr/ancestor related problems due, they can erupt. 9th sign is linked to them too.
- People will be disconnected from religion, humanitarian views, philosophy and will act selfishly and without fear of spiritual repercussions/Karma.
- Jupiter enters his own sign Sagittarius for 2 months, in Mar-April 2019 giving some relief. But he is moving forward/retrograde going back into Scorpio. However he will then transit into Sagittarius from Nov 2019 onwards giving his direction also to the headless Ketu and make the restrictions of Saturn a bit bearable.
- Feb 2020 – Mar 2020 will see Mars with Ketu so again a double dose of aggression and martian energies which will generally be misdirected (headless Ketu’s influence). Jupiter’s influence will be able to set things right sooner though.
These were very general readings. For analysing your own personal chart I have written about it in my earlier post. But here is a quick recap
- Your birth chart. Check out where Rahu is placed, which house, which sign and with which planets. He will link his ‘overreach and then fall on the face’, trend with each of their results too.
- If your birth chart has a complete or a partial kaal sarpa, the effects of Rahu/Ketu are more intensified.
- Check out which Mahadasha/Main period and antardasha/sub-period you are on. What are the general background influences that you can expect. If you are undergoing periods of Ketu or Rahu be careful. (Or Saturn, Mars or Sun, the natural malefics when they conjunct with Rahu/Ketu in transit together)
- Which houses in your chart are Rahu/Ketu occupying during their transit? i.e Where are Gemini/Sagittarius placed? This will tell you which karma you are going to be pulled towards/Rahu, and which aspects of life you are going to be separated from/Ketu.
- (Ketu transiting in 4th house has caused deaths of the mother for 2 of my clients last year. For another, he sold off his ancestral farmlands).
- (Rahu in 10th for one client ensured that his father came to live with him permanently etc)
- If your age is the multiples of 18 yrs, you will undergo Rahu/Ketu return where they occupy the same position as your birth chart. Extreme karmic events will unfold.
- Now during the overall 18 month Rahu/Ketu transit, there will be short term transits of the other planets, Sun, Moon etc. So look out for the eclipses and periods around them. They will change the results of Sun/Moon and depending on their positions in your transit chart give extreme results.
- The other planets will also transit over these Rahu/Ketu for shorter periods, so their results will also be affected by the Rahu/Ketu presence/conjunction. Especially be alert during the conjunction of malefics in transit.
Gemini and Sagittarius will obviously affected badly. Next intensity is for Cancer and Capricorn, these folks should take special care of their health. Scorpio and Taurus will also face typical times. If your ascendant falls in these signs you should take care of your physical body/environment, if the Moon falls in these then your emotional status will be out of balance. (These signs fall in the dushamsthana 6-8-12 axis from the transiting position of Rahu/Ketu).
In case there are problems, often a 108 repeat of the beej mantras of Rahu/Ketu on Tuesdays/Saturdays will help in balancing out their energies.