You get clients sometimes who are not genuine. They do not have questions as such, and nor do they believe in astrology, but are here to test you! To waste your time and possibly to poke fun at you. They think of astrology as superstition and want to prove astrologers wrong. Sometimes they might tape the session with intention to harm you and your reputation.
There are a few ways you can test the ‘genuineness’ of the client. First and foremost is the ‘feeling’ you will get from his aura. Thanks to software and apps you can get the planetary positions of the current moment instantly. This is a type of Prashana kundali where you are asking about your clients intentions. If you are not sure about your clients intentions, a quick look can help you decide how you want deal with them.
So in the Prashna of that moment check if there are negative influences on the ascendant sign, the ascendant lord, moon and mercury.
- Ascendant sign represents your ‘question’ and the ‘environment of the question’.
- Ascendant Lord tells you if the energy of the ‘question’ matches the energy of the ‘environment of the question’.
- Moon here is the overall impact the question situation is going to have on the querent (here it is you. You have asked the question for yourself)
- Mercury represents the intelligence, database, the analytical ability and the eventual inference of the question situation.
- The natural malefics are 5, Saturn (restrictive, Karma, payback), Sun (selfish super-ego), Rahu (over-ambitions leading to a fall), Ketu (thing to be discarded, detachment), Mars (aggression and domination)
- Benefics are Jupiter (expansion, conventional wisdom) and Venus (equitable partnerships, gain, esoteric wisdom).
A few sample combinations are like this.
- Malefic planets placed in the ascendant sign/1st house. Or aspecting the first house.
- At least 2 of the natural 5 malefics i.e. Saturn, Mars, Sun, Rahu and Ketu aspecting/conjoint with the Moon and Mercury. Such a Moon or Mercury or both if placed in the kendra houses it will be more negative (1st, 4th, 7th or 10th).
- Ascendant lord with or aspected by at least 2 malefics. Or placed in the dushamsthanas 6th, 8th or 12th.
However if the Ascendant sign, the ascendant lord, the Moon and Mercury are placed well, with benefics, in the auspicious houses you can rest assured that your client is genuine.
So here was a quick way of establishing if your client is really serious about what he is asking or is here to create stress for you.