This is part 2 of the earlier post on Siddhakunjika Mantra. If you are interested in doing Mantra puja using the mantras from Devi Mahatmya, you will need to first Siddh ‘activate’, the Navavarna mantra.
There are several ways starting off with your anushthan. This is a very simple seeming abbreviated procedure but it will work depending on the power of your Intention. (If you live in India or have access to a good genuine pandit, you can do a full fledged anushthan). The time would be on a Tuesday or Friday of the bright half of the month, in the evening twilight or midnight. Get cleaned up, fast or eat only light foods, wear cotton clothes and sit on your asan. Do your basic pujas and worship as per your faith and call on all those energies which you believe in.
Now you will need a silver moorti of Devi or the Shriyantra or the Meru as your focus. Light the ghee lamp, incense, offer flowers, saffron/sandalwood, 5 fruits or panchamrit (ghee, milk, curd, honey, coarse sugar/khadisakkhar in a silver/glass bowl), etc.
- Now take the pot of water (copper kalash) in your left hand and pour a few drops in the palm of the right. Focus on the water and put in all your intention into that water. Just remember your mind should be clear and your intention should be intense. Intend that Devi Mahamaya grants you the knowledge of her Navavarna mantra. Now let the water drops fall to the ground at your right hand. (This is the most important step, water carries the intention and amplifies it.)
- Fold your palms and recite “OM”, three times and feel your body relax.
- Then recite the Ganapati Gayatri, “Om Ekadantaya Vidhmahe, Vakratundaya Dhimahi, Tanno Dantih Prachodayaat Om” for invoking the energies of Ganapati, he will remove all possible obstacles and also grant wisdom.
- Then this mantra is for invoking the Gods, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva and the Nine grahas, recite, “Om Brahma Murari Tripurantkari Bhanuh Shashih Bhumi Suto Budhah cha Guruh cha Shukrah Shani Rahu Ketavah Sarve Graha Shantikara bhavantu Om”.
- Then remember the Goddess Earth with love and gratitude, recite. “Om Samudra Vasane Devi, Parvatah Stana Mandale Vishnupatni Namastubhyam Paada Sparsham Kshamasva May Om”.
- Finally “Om Guruh Brahma Guruh Vishnu Guruh Devo Maheshwara Guruh Saakshat Para Brahma Tasmai Shree Gurave Namaha Om”.
- Now recite the Viniyog of the Mantra (this is not given in the Gita Press book).
- Oṃ asya Shri Kunjika Stotra mantrasya. Sadashiv rishi. Anushtub chhandah. Shri Trigunatmika devata. Om aing beejam. Om Hring shaktih. Om kleeng keelakam. Mama sarva-abhishtha-siddharthyae jape viniyogah.
- ॐ अस्य श्री कुञ्जिका स्तोत्र मन्त्रस्य सदाशिव ऋषिः । अनुष्टुप् छन्दः । श्रीत्रिगुणात्मिका देवता । ॐ ऐँ बीजं ।ॐ ह्रीँ शक्तिः । ॐ क्लीँ कीलकम् । मम सर्वाभीष्टसिद्ध्यर्थे जपे विनियोगः ॥
- Now with full faith start reciting the Siddhakunjika (page 230 here). This is recited just once.
- Now you start with your 9 lakh recitation of the Navavarna mantra, ‘Om Aing Hreeng Kleeng Chamundayae Vicche’. Do your sets as per the time frame you have decided.
- As you start your anushthan of 9 lakh recitation of the Navavarna mantra you have to decide how many sets of 108 counts you will do everyday.
- If you do 18 sets of 108 counts it will take about 45 minutes of your time per day and you will continue like this for 463 days.
- You can do this for how many ever days you want to, some people take 10 years to complete it. In this busy modern life, see how much you can realistically do.
- Set your time frame as per the number of sets you will do per day. Just reciting the mantra also gives immense benefits. Just do something regularly!
- Now you have to intend continuity. Tell Her that you will be able to recite it in breaks and you will complete within — years. Keep some extra time in your hands, you do not know what will happen, there may be some breaks. (Keep a count, keep a separate calendar.)
- After you finish for the day you should eat all the fruits/panchamrit as prasad. (Choose your fruits properly, if you keep huge fruits you wont be able to finish them)
This intention process/ anushthan needs to be done only on the first day. After that every day you will just sit on your asan, say ‘Om’ thrice and start your jap of ‘Om Aing Hreeng Kleeng Chamundayae Vicche’ directly. You can count 108 on your fingers (more preferable) or use a mala. To count the sets use some physical counters like beads or crystals or seeds (don’t use plastic beads). If on some days, holidays etc, if you have time you can do more than you had decided but keep the count correctly.
Finish your 9 lakh repetitions on a similar Tuesday/Friday. Do a small puja as per your regular rituals and offer Her the ghee lamp, incense, flowers, saffron/sandalwood, 5 fruits or panchamrit (ghee, milk, curd, honey, coarse sugar/khadisakkhar in a silver/glass bowl). This is an extraordinary day. On this day after you finish, your Devi will speak to you, lots of things will open up and you wont need to read blogs for information anymore.
(Don’t get scared with the 9 lakh figure. Gayatri mantra needs 24 lakh repetitions, which everyone is required to do in Hinduism/Sanatan dharma. These days only the really serious brahmins or people who are serious about their spiritual progress do it.
A few rules. You are channelising tremendous satvik energies into yourself. So you have to discipline yourself. Satvik energies pull towards the Ultimate, rajasic energies pull towards the objects in the manifested Universe. Tamasic energies are dull, odd and out of sync, quite damaging. Most important is the food you eat, you cannot eat non-veg. If for some reason you are required to have protein in your diet you can eat fish, no prawns/crabs no other meats. No alcohol too, initially you can try drinking alcohol in unavoidable socia events, but your mind will soon stop you from it. Your own higher self will stop you from tamasic energies.
You cannot do this when there is naatak or sutak period is on in your house. Naatak is when a new baby is born and till he gets his name in the Naamkaran Sanskar of the 12th day. Sutak is when a person dies in the house and for 13days, till the final tarpan is performed.
Now for women. Women should not do this during the 5days of the monthly cycle, add 2 more days for rest. So 7 days off, here your body has gone through a period of physical destruction and needs to rest. Do not do this during pregnancy either. If you get pregnant while this is on, request Her and put everything on hold till your child is 6 months old at least, then resume your count.
This is a very important anushthan for Devi worship, this mantra is extremely intense. When you are granted Siddhi over the navavarna mantra you can use mantras from the Devi Mahatmya in the real sense for your spiritual growth.
Just writing this post in continuation but I dont think anyone will do it really. Devi Mahatmya is not for everyone. But on the off-chance if anyone is inspired I have done my karma of writing about it. Again it is a very high energy mantra and not for beginners.
Why not to do this during pregnancy?
pranic body of mother and fetus are both affected
Ma’am how do you pronounce the Beej Mantras in the Siddhkunjika Stotram- do you pronounce them with the म् sound or with the ग् sound?
I’m asking this for the entirety of the Stotram. Thanks!
All beej mantras anywhere will b the nasal ‘nng’ sound always
Its not a ग् sound and nor a म् sound
i finally put a audio clip with the proper pronunciation at the end of this post..
LikeLiked by 1 person