In these days of Caesarean sections at the drop of hat and designer babies the astrologer finds a niche. To predict the perfect time of birth for the perfectly perfect baby!
Astrology has become just like the medical profession, there is a cut-practice and you need to go for a second opinion. Also have a basic understanding of the subject, enough to know if your astrologer is scamming you. Am penning this post because I recently came across a caesarean baby whose parents had gone for a ‘timed delivery’, after consulting a locally well-known astrologer but the child had developed some issues coz the Moon was in the 12thhouse. (How could this astrologer give these parents a time where the Moon was in the 12thhouse is beyond me.)
So if you find yourself in a position where you have to have a caesarean delivery and want the best possible combination for your child, read this through. Most caesarean operations are rather in the nature of emergencies, generally your doctor will give you just a day or two to decide. So assuming you have just a couple of days to decide, you will not have much of a say over the moon sign or the signs the other planets occupy, however you can choose which houses they occupy. In short, you can choose the ascendant sign. This is how you do it. It is very simple and even beginners can do it. You will just need to know how to count the houses.
Get a software or app for Vedic astrology. For android I have found “Hindu calendar” by developer “Alok Mandavgane” and for iphones “Drik panchang” by developer “Adarsh apps” to be quite accurate and user friendly. In the settings, put in your location and the Lahiri ayanamsha (in Indian software/apps it will be Lahiri/Chitrapaksha by default).
Then go over to the day you have the delivery scheduled. The ascendant sign changes approx. every 2 hours. So you have to set the time to every 2 hours in that day and copy out the charts as you see them. You will get 12 horoscope chart options.
Now check out which one horoscope fits in the following.
- The moon should be in a good house, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th. You will have these many options. Mark these charts on your paper for easy reference.
- Then next, the Jupiter should occupy a good house, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th. Check out from above (1) which horoscopes match this requirement. Mark these and discard the others, you will have maybe 4-5 charts marked with you now.
- Now you will choose the location of the Ascendant lord/the owner of the first house. Each of your selected horoscopes from (2) will have a different ascendant sign and ruler. Go through each of the charts and locate the house where its ascendant sign ruler is placed. The ascendant sign ruler should be located in a good house, preferably 1st, 5th, 9th, 11th. This will further fine-tune your options and you may have 2-3 probable charts left.
- Now for Mars, he should ideally be in the 3rd, 9th, 10th 11th house. Mark the suitable charts again.
- Now if you still have options, choose a chart which has NIL or the minimum number of planets in the houses of turmoil ie the 6th, 8th, 12th.
- Planets which perform quite well in the 6thare Mars, Saturn, Rahu/Ketu. Saturn can be good in the 8th. Planets good for the 12thare Rahu/Ketu. These are the best possibilities for the ‘unpleasant’ planets, these are optional if you can fit these it is good else ok.
- Now these conditions will have reduced the list of the likely horoscopes to the one which is the best possible under the circumstances.
- Now you have your time frame of 2 hours. If it is possible choose a time mid way between these 2 hours, if not that is alright too.
Even if you have the time to go and consult an astrologer, do cross check the time he has given you using this list.
Will explain a bit about this list, the basic minimum.
- Moon is the most important planet of them all as it is the mind and your emotions. The lens of perceptions and how you experience life. If these are ok then a lot of your life problems seem manageable.
- Jupiter is the planet of expansion, the heavy weight of the horoscope. He has the ability to set right a lot of things and balance out the problems. Gives a solid foundation to your life and acts as your conscience too. If he is an a favourable position you will know what is right in life, less likely to go astray.
- Now the ruler of the ascendant sign, the lord of the first house. He represents your purpose in life and how well adjusted you are to your environment. It is highly important to have him in a good placement.
- Mars is very important, he can be cruel and malefic too but he represents your expression of will, the competitive edge the ability to fight. Having him in certain houses is a advantage.
- 6th, 8thand 12thare collectively called the houses of turmoil, dushamsthana. They represent the diseases, debts, enemies, accidents, surgeries, death, exile, loss of vitality, dreams and insanity. Ideal is having no planets here, but that may not be possible so try to have the minimum possible number of planets here. If possible no benefics in these 3 houses.
- Malefics are great in dushamstanas. Remove a thorn with a thorn works here. So if there are malefics here, they might create enemies but they will also give the energy to fight and vanquish them.
So here was a quick post on how to choose a time for a caesarean delivery so that your child gets the best possible option in life. But still, there will be some problems and hardships as life is for re-balancing karma. No chart is perfect. You are doing the best you can to ensure the best possible birth chart D-1 under the circumstance. But remember, the detailed divisional charts like D-9, D-60 etc are not in your hands. That is fate and the destiny your child has chosen for him/her-self.
So ultimately, the best you can do after this exercise is, when the operation begins intend the best, focus your intention and will, request the Universe/favourite deity/Parmeshwar so that your child gets the best possible start in life.
One question- you have mentioned ascendant lord in 1,5,9. Why not kendra houses 4,7,10? Are they not equally auspicious?
whichever house the asc lord occupies becomes the focus point of life.
in this post i am discussing the best possible position. So i choose the 1st, 5th 9th and even the 11th house for the asc lord. Here the qualities of health, personality, genius, creativity, auspicious blessings, punya-karma-phal, confidence, education, social status, wealth, Guru-krupa, gain, labh, shub things in life, overall health personality etc are all triggered.. these are the best positions for the asc lord.. his energies are used in the best way possible
i am not discussing about ‘auspicious’ or ‘inauspicious’ houses..
if the asc lord is in the 4th, 7th, 10th he is more into the more defined aspects of home, partnerships, profession. Only one side of life is over-emphasised .. he does not give results which influence the overall personality., he is more concentrated on one aspect of life.. this is not bad obviously, but one step less powerful than the above positions..
in fact the asc lord is considered to do well in all houses, he cannot actively harm, he is the biggest benefic your chart has..
in the three dusham-sthan too, 6, 8, 12, he cannot actively harm, but then the life has it own typical struggles.. so asc lord in these houses is not considered to be good.
in the 3rd house, he has to be analysed carefully, if placed well he can take you to such heights.. but if under the influence of malefics he can spoil a lot of things..
this list is as per my experience and this is what i do to choose timings for children born in my own family..
in case you have 2-3 days available for making your choice, then you should first check the nakshatra of the birth moon to arrive at the specific single day where the Nakshatra is the best possible ..
and then use this post to arrive at the preferable time..
Isn’t planning a baby’s horoscope like interfering in baby souls karma? Because that soul would already choose best possible time and we are making it to deviate……
Another worst scenario is the example you have given. Now the baby will be suffering because of someone else’s choices. Imagine, in future, parents come to know that there child is suffering because of them…how painful it will be to digest!
There is another side of coin too and that is we can avoid bad timing. But still probability of human error exist.
I look on this as a choice offered to the parents by destiny if they choose to take it .. Consider it as a option tht the child is offering to the parents.
Recently one of my sis-in-law had to get a C sec done as in the corona emergency there was no other option.
So despite being willing and able to go fr a normal delivery there was a C sec..
i chose the time but it was a 2 hr frame as the doc was not sure about narrowing it down further.. and the baby chose its exact minute .. and he chose it well .
LikeLiked by 1 person