Everywhere in the world there is a variety of local magic which is channelised by shamans to help people in need. In North India these are called ‘totke’, tiny things that you can do with energy and intention to get results. As always, energy is by itself neutral, the use that you make of it makes it ‘black magic’ or ‘white magic’. Am writing a bit about these ‘totke’ in this post just so you are aware of what all can be done and in fact is being done using familiar daily objects. There are these targeted ads, ‘keep your husband in control’ which is strange and ‘keep your neighbour’s wife in control’ which is unbelievable! But there must be people interested in doing this negative things so let’s at least be aware of what all goes on in this energy world of ours.Spices – the energy of spices can be very easily harnessed in energy work. As it is, a tiny pinch of spice can change the flavour of food, they have medicinal properties, can affect our nerves and emotions on a very deep level.
- I had written about a spice mix/mouth freshner in my earlier post here.
- Another example, you can use spices to help you in your work. If you are going for an interview and you are worried. Take 3 cloves/laung in your right hand, sit on front of your puja ghar/altar and express your intention. Feel your intention enter the cloves. Then leave one clove in the puja ghar/altar, eat one clove when you enter the place where you are to give your interview and drop the 3rd clove at the seat where you will be sitting before giving the interview. Just remember that this is to boost you on emotional and psychological levels. If you have not studied, are not prepared, this will not work!
- Never eat a spice, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon etc offered to you by another person or touched by anyone else.
Water – Water is a very innocent thing. We go to any place, we are first offered water to drink. But water can absorb energies, I had written about water in detail in this post here.
- You can use water to enhance the positive energies around you by charging it with positive intentions. You can use Reiki, keep your glass of water in the puja-ghar/altar/sunlight, or dip a flower/fragrance/spice in it to change its energies. You can intend and just blow on it thrice and it will get charged. Or you can dip your fingers (generally only 4 fingers are used, not the pinkie) in it to charge it in a positive way. You can do anything with water, cure or curse!
- A very quick way to cure normal sniffles, cough, cold and fever especially in babies and small children is to charge water in a copper pot/or glass with this mantra from ‘Devi Mahatmya’, “Om aing hreeng kling Chamundayye vicche, Rogan shesha napahansi tushta Rushta tu kaman sakalaanbhishtan Tvamashrita na vipannaranan Tvamashrita Hayashrayatan prayanti Om aing hreeng kling Chamundayye vicche, Om” In Sanskrit it is “ॐऐं ह्रीं क्लीं चामुण्डायै विच्चे, रोगान शेषानपहंसि तुष्टा, रुष्टा तु कामान् सकलानभीष्टान्, त्वामाश्रितानां न विपन्नराणां, त्वामाश्रिता ह्याश्रयतां प्रयान्ति, ॐ ऐं ह्रीं क्लीं चामुण्डायै विच्चे ॐ”.
- But this ability of water to absorb energies can be used to harm too. (Channelling energies through the five fingers is very easy, as they resonate with the energies of planets/the 5 tattwas etc. The pinkie finger resonates with the energies of the Moon as well as Mercury). If you feel doubtful about someone, never drink water offered by him.
Food – All food that we prepare will contain salt. Salt especially sea salt is another very dangerous item, in the sense it absorbs energy and intention. This says it all. Do not eat food prepared by persons you do not trust.
But there are certain unavoidable circumstances where you cannot refuse the food/water offered to you. So now what? A easy solution, try to drop a bit of the food/water on the floor with the intention that its negativity gets ‘earthed’. The Great Mother Earth, somehow ‘cleans’ the food/drink in your plate/glass, so you can safely have it now.Metals – Metallic objects can be used in intentionally directing energy. I had written about charging your gold ornaments with positive energy here in this post. Here a couple of examples of ‘totke’ with metals.
- You are the victim in a unfair legal case. Buy a lock and key, sit in front of your puja-ghar/altar and hold the lock-key in your hands. Make a chi-ball if you can. Put your intention in the metal, that the case is locked, status-quo is maintained. When you feel your palms buzzing with the energies you have created, simply lock it and never unlock it ever again. Keep the lock in your store and the key separately in another room.
- You are the victim, and caught in a debt trap, the loan-shark will beat you up now. Take an iron nail, charge it with the intention of stopping his goons. Hammer it into the ground somewhere on the road leading to your house. They will be stopped.
Thread – Another ubiquitous object, but quite popular in local magic. You can ‘tie up’ things. If someone is out to harm you, you can simply think of the person out to hurt you and tie 3 knots on a black thread.
Dolls – And of course everyone knows about using dolls to harm. But I use dolls for distance healing in Reiki, it can be very effective if you cannot visualise the person. I stick the name of the person written on a paper on the doll and use it as a channel to send energy.
So you see, if you have started working with energy, you can use almost any object to channelise it. Energy work is quite simple. But please be responsible with your energy talents. Here you can requesting energy from the Universe and directing it in the physical realm with your Will. You are the Creator, be very careful with your creations. If you do wrong or go against your conscience, it will be registered in your astral self and you may be required to spend your next life making up for it. So try to do good as much as possible.
Also be careful, our seers and sadhus have strict rules on what they eat, drink, wear, meet etc. It not their personal whims and fancies, its a bitter lesson that is learnt. Being free with your energy, being unaware of others, not taking basic precautions leads to more serious issues. So always shield yourself, do your cleansing and grounding and do some spiritual practice regularly to keep yourself charged with energy.