Our nation, our Bharat भारत is one, we are the residents of Bharatvarsha भारतवर्ष , we are all Bharatiya. We are the oldest civilisation, the mother of all civilisation. We are older than history itself. Never forget that. We are the Arya आर्य , residents of Aryavrat आर्यावर्त, we are the last remnants of Sanskruti संस्कृति .
We have lost information, we have forgotten our own history to the extent of forgetting our own language but still we are on the right path. Several of us have forgotten themselves completely, but still there is a significant percentage of us who feel the beat of Dharma in our individual souls and are willing to walk on the Sanatan path. Hold this thought in your heart and be proud of what you are, a Bharatiya भारतीय, above all.
The Vishnu Puran gives the definition of our Bharat and us its children, the Bharati. The first shlok is this,
उत्तरं यत्समुद्रस्य हिमाद्रेश्चैव दक्षिणम्। वर्षं तद्भारतं नाम भारती यत्र सन्ततिः।।
The land at the North of the Ocean and at the South of the snow clad Mountains, this is called Bharat and the children of this land are called the Bharati भारती .
Go through the Vishnu Puran to read what this our land, our Bharat भारत, is really all about. The several dynasties, the numerous kings who ruled this Aryavarta from the time of Manu मनु are all recorded in detail here. This, in the Vishnu puran, is the history of us humans on Earth.
I will emphasise two essential points from the Vishnu Puran’s description of our Bharat, the rest you can read from the Puran itself.
- The name of our nation, Bharat, comes from Chakravarti Samrat Bharat चक्रवर्ति सम्राट भरत, the eldest son of Chakravarti Samrat Vrushabh चक्रवर्ति सम्राट वृषभ and his wife Merudevi मेरुदेवी. This is way back in history, it is beyond ancient, tens of thousands years possibly. His capital was at Ujjain the city of Bhagwan Mahakaleshwar, this is the oldest capital city in the world. (I hope some Bharatiya government does deep archeological digs in this area soon)
- Our nation is not named after Raja Bharat who was the son of Raja Dushyant and Shakuntala as is popularly propagated. This Raja Bharat was comparatively very recent in history, just a few thousand years ago.
- Bharatvarsha is the only land on this earth where you can attain Svarg or even Moksh, the entire land pulsates with power. No other land has this inherent quality. This is the only karma-bhoomi in this world. So if you act with positive intention in this land you can achieve the exclusive Svarga/ dimension of highly auspicious energy. Or even the Eternal Advaita, your own Self. Also if you perform inauspicious actions in this Bharat, you will as easily achieve the lok/ dimensions of the lower energy levels.
- If you are born, live and physically die here, it is because of some auspicious karma of very many lives. Use this time well, it is only a limited breaths long.
Our Bharatvarsha is the original Aryavarta, the land of the wise, the elevated and the Seers.
In the current times, the land north of the Devi Narmada is called Uttar Bharat and the land south of this river is called Dakshin Bharat. And this has led to such complications that Adi Shankaracharya himself had to come up with several energy solutions to bridge these two superficially divided mindsets. Most important is this one energy exchange,
- Anyone worshipping at Shri Kshetra Kashi Vishveshvar Jyotirlingam has to take some water from the Ganga river here and take it to the Shri Kshetra Setu Bandha Rameshwaram Jyotirlingam and do Abhishek over it there.
- Anyone who worships at the Shri Kshetra Setu Bandha Rameshwaram Jyotirlingam has to take some sand from the Setu Bandha and immerse it at the Ganga in front of the Shri Kshetra Kashi Vishveshvar Jyotirlingam.
Ideally every Bharatiya has to perform this once in his/her life.
Today I was reading a random article by a Jyotishi and Vedic scholar. (I had found an interesting Jyotish article and was looking up more work by the author.) To my utter shock this person is claiming that the Jyotirlingam at Rameshwaram (Dakshin) is more powerful that the Jyotirlingam at Kashi (Uttar). A Vedic scholar or even a Jyotishi must understand that it is all the same Bhagwan. One Lingam cannot be more or less than the other, it is the same. The same Lingam, the same Jyotih is reverberating throughout creation. Whether one goes to Kashi or Somnath or Kedarnath or Rameshwaram or Ujjain or Dwarka or Puri or Badrinath or Ksheer Bhavani or Purnagiri or Hinglaj or Jwaladevi or Kamakhya or Himalay or Sagar or Ganga or Narmada or Sarasvati or Yamuna it is the same Bhagwan of the singular Bharatvarsha.
There is only one Bharatvarsha. And we are all the same, Bharatiya.
The Lila of the Devi is utterly mystifying. Our own history, philosophy and intelligence is right in front of us, in own our mother tongue Devbhasha Samskrutam, and we cannot read it!
We all have to revive our language, the Devbhasha, in our homes, in our lives, in our hearts. This is the only way out of this morass in which we find ourselves today. We have lost our identity and our language Sanskrit is the only way we can find ourselves again. Let’s give our children the gift of being able to read our own books, the beauty of the Devbhasha. The easiest way is to subscribe to the Sudharma Sanskrit daily newspaper, its just Rs 600/per yr. Reading this one page daily news will help you learn simple daily Sanskrit.
We have to reclaim our language, thus our books, our history, our identity and thus our essential Non-Duality.