The horoscope of the child has significant relationships with the horoscopes of his/her mother’s and father’s horoscopes, separately and simultaneously. Here writing a bit on timing the birth of a child.
First of all check the horoscopes of the parents to check for childlessness. If both the horoscopes are capable of having natural children then try to work out the timing. (Or you can do this as an exercise, for your own child, correlate when he/she was born and how this time can be arrived from your and your husband/wife’s horoscopes.)
First the year. Jupiter and Saturn both are involved in timing of childbirth or more appropriately the conception of the child.
- Within the approx 9 months prior to the birth of the child, the transiting Jupiter and/or Saturn in both the father‘s and the mother‘s birth chart, will be placed in the 5th house and/or the 9th house.
- Or aspected/conjoint with the lord of the 5th and/or the lord of the 9th.
- When you check aspects, if they, Jupiter/Saturn, are retrograde then they will also be influencing the house behind where they are placed.
- Also when you check aspects, remember the planet will influence a zone of 15deg around him. E.g. Saturn in Libra at 2deg will also influence a Mars placed in 27deg Virgo.
Now the month. Mars, the ruler of life/death and transformation, also of blood, operations, secrets and openings of every sort. During childbirth, fiery energy of every sort is at work thus Mars must be involved.
- The transit Mars in both the father’s and the mother’s birth chart, will be placed in the 5th house and/or the 9th house at least 2.5 months prior to the child birth. (A baby born about 7.5 months from conception is considered viable as per astrological concepts. A child born before this may not survive childhood unless there are a significant benefic aspects. Thus this time period of 2.5 months).
- Or similarly aspected/conjoint with the lord of the 5th and/or the lord of the 9th.
- Check if he is retrograde and his degrees as above.
Then the transiting Sun and his aspects to be evaluated on the same lines as the Mars above. This will help narrow down the month.
Now to narrow it down it to the day when labour will begin and the child will be thus born. Approximately within 3 days from before the child is born, these conditions will be met. The position of the Moon in transit. He will be linked to both the parents charts in either of the following ways. (This also works for children born in premature or Caesarean delivery.)
- He will be placed in the ascendant sign of both/either of the parents charts.
- Aspecting or in the 5th or 9th houses of both/either of the parents charts
- Or aspecting or with the 5th or 9th lords of both/either of the parents charts
These rules are compulsory. If there is some confusion then the mother’s horoscope chart is given greater importance as she is the one actually giving birth.
Now these combinations will repeat several times in life, even if you consider the charts of both parents-to-be simultaneously. So to pinpoint the exact birth time, first of all you will have to calculate the possibility of having children using the planetary dasha.
Finally because experience is the best teacher, practice, using the charts of your family members, couples with children to see how these rules actually work in real life. Then as a second step check out charts of expecting parents to see if you can pinpoint the time of birth of the child. And finally use the charts of newly married couples to predict when their child will be born.
The more you practice doing predictions, the more your mind will get used to seeing patterns in the charts. Patterns are everything.
(There are more details you can get into using the divisional charts of the parents, especially the Navamsha and Saptamsha. But it is rather technical and beyond the scope of this post.)
(This is from classical astrology from the texts and it always works. Thanks to those Jyotishi-s who have worked and done this research in the past times, so that we can use it today.)
(I am a Vedic/Indian astrologer, so to use anything that I write on, the calculations must be according to the Indian system, where we take into account the mathematical correct motion of the Earth, ie use the ayanamsha correction factor.)