Eclipses act as trigger points for events which have personal and global implications. A partial solar eclipse is coming up on 25th Oct 2022 on Diwali Amavasya. It will be visible in almost all of Europe, north Africa, Middle East and west Asia. It is visible all over Bharat/ India. The areas in the dark yellow colored zone will be more affected by the eclipse compared to the areas in the light yellow colored zone of this map. The light blue sea areas and the white colored land area will not be directly affected by the eclipse energies. The eclipse is visible for about 4hrs, so its effect will gradually fade over 4yrs.
(This map and data is from timeanddate.com.)
First let’s note the configuration of the planets in the skies,
- Libra – Svati nakshatra with Sun Moon Venus and Ketu who is doing the eclipse. Sun is completely debilitated in Svati, so is anyways not going to give auspicious results. The Amavasya Moon has almost zero strength, he is just a degree away from the Sun. Venus the sign lord being here would have helped ease the energies of the eclipse but he is completely burnt out, combust within a degree of the Sun. And all three are within 15deg of Ketu. In short, all four graha are supremely uncomfortable in Svati.
- Virgo – Chitra nakshatra with Mercury. He is within 15deg from the Sun/ Moon energies in the neighbouring Svati so is associated with the eclipse energy.
- Aries – Bharani nakshatra with Rahu participating in the eclipse. Rahu indicates the direction of desire and also the possible source of fascination, danger, deceit, illusion, smoke and mirrors.
- Capricorn – Dhanishta nakshatra with a powerful Saturn who is aspecting the eclipse in Libra with his 10th aspect.
- Pisces – Uttarabhadrapada nakshatra with a retrograde Jupiter, he is not directly involved.
- Gemini – Mruga nakshatra with a slowly moving Mars, he too is not directly involved. But Mars is aspecting Saturn from 16th Oct till 13th Nov. This is a very typical combination which is extremely suffocating for Saturn at the moment. This will act as a dangerous trigger in the overt and covert war that is raging in the world at present.
The eclipse is occurring in the Svati – Bharani nakshatra axis in the Libra – Aries signs. Whatever these signs/ nakshatra indicate in your life, they will trigger some significant change. Here are some possible generic astrological predictions.
Svati nakshatra is ruled by the devata Marut is linked to Rahu and will host 4 planets during the eclipse. A huge burst of energy will be channeled through the Svati filter. The eclipse energies will cause severe turbulence as most of us will lose track of our purpose and our path. Imbalance will be evident everywhere. ‘Breaking up’ of various types is expected. This can be breakups in relationships in personal lives or breaking up of nations at the global levels. Whatever level this energy operates, it will be a cruel, ruthless and a destructive process. There will be a coldness, a lack of heat, all over, this can be expressed as oncoming physical cold weather or coldness in human relationships or a dip in the economy. Thought processes will be scattered, no point of focus, hazed out intellect. We all will try to put off taking decisive action. Diplomacy, socialisation and other hallmarks of a civilised society will vanish, crass and crude behaviour will predominate. Selfishness, greed, deceit and betrayals are possible. People will forget their strengths, their potential and not be able to actively use their resources. Their minds will be closed to new ideas and be unable to accept the other’s view points. Everyone will talk too much but there will be no cohesion in their words. Restlessness will be very high and there will be difficulty in concentrating on the important stuff. Long term planning will be marked by its absence. It will be easy to whip passions and create mass movements which will cause damage in the long term.
Bharani nakshatra is ruled by the devata Yam and linked to Venus. Only one graha, Rahu will be present here during the eclipse. So there will be a subtle desire to end things. But this ‘end’ will not be random event but a karmic end as per the law of balance. A phase of destruction coupled with a promise of reconstruction in the future. Extreme events accompanied by chaos and confusion are expected. Detailed planning is under process either in secret or on the subconscious levels now before the actual events become evident after the eclipse. But these actions will be taken without regard to the long term consequences. Recklessness and an explosive desire to break the society, established norms, culture, rules etc and act against common sense is going to be on a high.
I have already written detailed posts on the predictions for this year and the current situation with Jupiter retrograde, Saturn in Dhanishta, Venus combust, the upcoming Mars retrograde and now this eclipse. Rahu and Ketu both are subconscious urges, it is not easy to pinpoint their activities.
Some general predictions. As is common with every eclipse, weather disruptions will be evident. Heavy winds, more so as Svati is involved, cyclones, flooding etc will occur in hill and coastal areas. Electrical grid failures and power shortages are possible. Accidents and fires in the shipping/ aerospace industry or gas related industries or caused by water and liquids are possible. Agriculture will suffer. Economy will see wild fluctuations. People with susceptible horoscopes should avoid going swimming etc as drowning type of deaths are possible. Diseases linked to Vaat and Kapha, ie the respiratory system are possible so if you are suffering from such a chronic condition be careful for a month or so after the eclipse. For the nations who will face the eclipse energies, the time will be especially turbulent. All the nations whose national capital will experience the eclipse will face political instability. Most nations in Europe and Central Asia will face political instability, and the extent of turbulence will depend on their ‘birth horoscopes’. Eg for Russia the national capital and half the area is under the darker yellow belt but its ‘birth horoscope’ is quite strong. For Ukraine its birth chart is not as powerful, so it will suffer more. The Ukraine Russia war is obviously going to intensify. Ukraine will suffer more. Any strategy conceived during this period will not be of any help in ending the war. The sea areas at the north are in the darker yellow color so I anticipate something here that will reduce their use to use. Eg formation of more ice in these waters which stops the shipping routes. Or perhaps mines placed in the sea routes.
The planets involved are the usual four Sun, Moon, Rahu, Ketu and the additional Venus and Mercury, a total of six planetary energies. This eclipse is especially turbulent for the birth Moon signs/Janma rashi, Aries Gemini Cancer Virgo Libra Scorpio and Pisces.
- Aries are going to face issues from practically every aspect of life, but personal health, finances and relationships will be more stressful. Do some mantra/dana to help yourself in this time.
- Taurus can get some opportunities to gain, use them well. Your enemies, diseases and debts will be under control but pay attention to your physical health as long as Venus is combust.
- Gemini should keep their ego under control. Else this will impact your finances and love relationships. Children can suffer or cause you suffering, so pay attention to their issues.
- Cancer will face unanticipated expenditure and financial losses. Your family members, mother, home or property can be a source of stress.
- Leos can use their personal courage and boldness to seize opportunities which come their way. Be ready for some unpleasant encounters in the near future. Teammates will cause stress in office.
- Virgo will face opposition in everything it takes up. Unwonted criticism and gossip can cause you harm. Family members will be irritating and you might have unanticipated expenses.
- Libra is going to face tough times in all aspects of life. 4 planets here, including Venus, who are all uncomfortable together and aspected by Saturn. Do some pujas and invoke the protection of your owner Venus and his friend Saturn to help you.
- Scorpio will face problems but you will not be able to pinpoint the sources nor arrive at a solid solution. Rest will be disturbed and your mind will not be able to concentrate. There will be losses which will drain your vitality.
- Sagittarius can get unexpected gains from earlier investments. This eclipse can give you some positive results if you remain alert and act in time.
- Capricorn will be able to positively use these energies. There will be some opportunities in the professional field but evaluate them carefully before committing yourself. But the father’s health may cause concern.
- Aquarius may get some positive support from their elders/seniors in their endeavours. Doing pujas of the Kuldevata will be helpful in making full use of the eclipse energy.
- Pisces will see sudden changes in their lives which will cause stress. If you have any underlying health condition then be alert in this time. Avoid unnecessary risks. Occult and unknown forces are at work in your life.
If you wish to see the result counted from your ascendant signs/ Lagna rashi then the effects will be more on the physical levels with lesser emotional involvement.
Eclipses give spiritual gains and can also be channelised to give material stuff. They act as trigger points as the subjective forces of Rahu and Ketu obscure the internal divinity ie the Sun or the nourishing divinity ie the Moon and release unbalanced karma on significant levels. After an eclipse some of us will experience unexpected losses and some will get unexpected gains depending on the individual charts. Positive effects are more likely if your birth horoscope is powerful enough to absorb this energy burst. If you live in a region where the eclipse is visible it is advisable to perform some sort of mantra or daan during the duration of the eclipse so that negative effects are reduced and positivity is generated in life.