I had written a bit on the real nature on Jupiter in this post earlier, do go through it. I got a request in a comment for more on Jupiter, thus this post. In this post I will discuss some keywords which can help you decipher the Jupiter in your chart.
Jupiter is the force of expansion, of philosophy, of conventional wisdom, of generosity, of magnificence, of conventional religion and show of religion, of teachers, of maturity and for a woman he can even represent her husband.
For brief keywords on the attributions of the 12 houses/signs please refer to my earlier post. Ideally you should learn these keywords by heart and fit them in your analysis. Jyotish is a language, where a bit of learning, a bit of intuition and a bit of common sense will help you analyse charts better.
For analysing the complete influence of Jupiter on your chart, check out the following. This may seem like a long-ish exercise but its essential as it tells you which areas of your life are influenced by this planet of generosity and soothing gentle-care. These areas of life will be relatively less problematic or even if a problem crops up its intensity and duration will be limited. Jupiter does not stop a problem from happening just reduces the recovery time.
- Position of Jupiter, the house and the sign both
- The actual owner planet of the house and sign, his location.
- The planets with Jupiter or aspecting him.
- The signs of Sagittarius and Pisces, their position in the chart and the planets occupying these.
- The aspects of Jupiter himself and which planets and houses and signs he is influencing.
Now to link up these attributes of Jupiter with those of the 12 houses/rashis. The same attributes exist for both these. You should mix and match them as per the chart. For eg, Jupiter in Gemini in the ascendant will give a mix of both Gemini sign and 1st house placement results.
- Jupiter in the 1st house or Aries – You will be full of vital energy and will carrying out various significant roles in the society. Your personal ego and status in the society will be quite good. You will be a massively built person, muscular but yet with a soft gentle look. You are good natured, scholarly but still very competitive. Your competitions will be in the arena of philosophy, teaching and maturity.
- Jupiter in the 2th house or Taurus will make you a keeper of large family traditions and big family treasures. Your speech will be gentle yet forceful and you will know several languages, songs and will be knowledgeable about your family history and culture. You can be a professional singer.
- Jupiter in the 3th house or Gemini will give you several good natured siblings, brothers, neighbours, extended family. More males than females in your brotherhood. You will receive and also send out several communications, be involved in business and will be bold. You may also be a preacher and deliver messages from divinity. You can be a very good motivational speaker.
- Jupiter in the 4th house or Cancer will make you expansive about your foundations and security. You will have a generous, large-sized mother, several relatives on the maternal side, large soothing residence, vehicles and landed property. You will have many who comfort you and care for you. Ethnic culture will be very strong, especially on the mother’s side. You are the true patriot and may be working with the government or the armed forces.
- Jupiter in the 5th house or Leo will give a tremendous expansion to your creativity,, you will have several children. You will be highly educated formally, with several degrees, highly intelligent and at the center stage. You are the actor or a performer or even a politician. You can also be a gambler who always wins!
- Jupiter in the 6th house or Virgo can be rather unfortunate as you will be required to give service. You might be ill with several diseases, You are argumentative, anxiety ridden, and may be taking several medicines. You potentially have several enemies and debts. There is an underlying victim narrative here. But on the other hand you may have several servants yourself. If other aspects support you can be good lawyer, an excellent nurse or a well-known doctor. See the other aspects to be sure which narrative your life follows.
- Jupiter in the 7th house or Libra is into partnerships in a big way. Lots of trades, negotiations, several contracts with agreements, balance and fairness, numerous alliances. You believe in justice and act accordingly. You may be a lawyer or a judge or even the wise person in the house who resolves everyones minor tiffs and maintains beauty and harmony in the house. Your wife/husband will be wise and philosophical by nature and your married life will be harmonious.
- Jupiter in the 8th house or Scorpio is another odd placement. You are a highly secretive person and you can change your personality to suit the situation. You know the secrets of others and can use them to your advantage. You are not mean, just very secretive. At least one operation is indicated, maybe an appendix or tonsils removal? You refuse to follow the religious philosophy of your family, you have your own inner doctrines which make sense to you. You spend rather less time with your children. You know how to get things done. See the other aspects in details before arriving to a conclusion here.
- Jupiter in the 9th house or Sagittarius is very comfortable. You have a very visible expression of your religion, philosophy. You teach, preach, do public pujas and very visible in religious festivals. You have a very broad understanding of conventional wisdom and beliefs. Several father-figures, teachers, male members in your family and you get blessings from your several ancestors. You are a good father, with several children and a good teacher with several students.
- Jupiter in the 10th house or Capricorn thrusts you in leadership roles, you are in highly visible and respected in the society. You may be in a position to make rules and regulations for the society. You are highly materialistic and will get money, power and position and are very conscious of social hierarchies. You are the one who steadily climbs upwards in the social structure with your hard word and efforts.
- Jupiter in the 11th house or Aquarius is the dealer and the tradesman of the market place, of exotic wares and lots and lots of business networks. You have many friends, and lady luck is your best friend. You have many goals to achieve, and you achieve them all. You are well off and have several sources of income. You belong to many communities irrespective of social structure and are acceptable to all strata of society. You can interact with a begger or a king with equal genuineness. You can be a businessman, or social worker or even a politician who really wants to do good for the people.
- Jupiter in the 12th house or Pisces is the sage or the psychic, you can divine the past and the future. You yourself do not know what you are! You desire solitude and mediation, being with yourself and contemplation. You may be a medium for the dead ancestors or spirits. You can receive guidance and information from them. You have a very vivid imagination and a very active sub-conscious, very highly intuitive. Dreams and visions are your companions. However this can also mean visits to the hospitals, or a need to leave the homeland and settle in foreign, or be a wanderer. Check out the other aspects to make this clear.
So now I have put in a nutshell how Jupiter performs when situated in the 12 houses and similarly in the 12 signs. Astrology is not 1+1=2, it requires a bit of intuition too, however if you keep these keywords in mind it will be easier to start learning. Baby steps first before you dive off the deep end!
There is one more post now due on Jupiter. His results are also affected by the other grahas who influence and aspect him. I will write on how Jupiter interacts with the other planets in my next post.