Venus is in charge of all one-one relationships, and all the things which satisfy you. Daityaguru Shukracharya can grant Moksh to the more evolved individual souls or material pleasure to those lower down in the spiritual levels. He signifies luxuries, sexual relationships etc, pleasures of the mind/ body. If he is spoilt in the chart then he grants addictions, casual physical affairs, unstable finances, no sense of the spiritual etc. He is a very cryptic graha, and he tests your abilities of single-pointed focus, endurance and intelligence.
Venus is considered combust when he is 10deg around the Sun in the forward motion. It is like the planet has evaporated, absorbed by the Sun. Its attributes temporarily weakened. And when it gets exceptionally close to the Sun, it feels as if it has vanished from the skies. Combustion in transit affects all of us together. So before combustion season starts it is better to be aware and be prepared for an over-load of the Sun’s scorching energy. Sun is a natural malefic and so close to a naturally auspicious graha, ie Venus, he damages the Daityaguru’s capacity to do good for everyone, everywhere.
In this year Venus will be going combust from 15th Sept to 2nd Dec 2022. And during this time he will be transiting through four signs from Leo to Scorpio.
Also during this time Mercury will be briefly combust and retrograde till 2nd Oct, he is in Virgo. Saturn in Capricorn is retrograde till 22nd Oct and Jupiter will remain retrograde in Pisces till 21st Nov. Interestingly all three are in their own signs. (And Venus will also be going combust in his own Libra for some time.) And Mars will be going retrograde in Gemini and Taurus from 30th Oct (will write a separate post on Mars soon). Two eclipses, lunar and solar will occur during this time frame. The solar eclipse on the Deepavali amavasya will be especially intense. This is all the overall background energy.
The ascendant and birth Moon signs Taurus, Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio will be affected the most. Also wherever these signs are placed in your chart, you will feel the pressure. Eg if in your chart, Taurus represents your mother then you will feel a strange disconnect from her etc. Similarly the lunar mansions linked to Venus, ie Bharani, Poorvaphalguni and Poorvashadha nakshatra will also see some effects of this combustion, so be alert if your birth Moon or ascendant degree/ Lagna falls in these nakshatra.
To pinpoint the effect of this combustion on you individually, you will have to first analyse your chart. A weak chart suffers more in adverse transits and a stronger chart can convert adversity to opportunity. A strongly placed ascendant sign, Ascendant lord and birth Moon grant physical and mental strength to easily navigate through any situation.
Then note what all Venus signifies in your chart, the houses he owns, his position, influences on him, exalted or debilitated, ashtakvarga, nakshatra, shad-bala, etc his power to give results should be examined in depth. Also if the chart is going through the following stronger effects will be seen.
- If you are going through Vimshottari Venus mahadasha, or Venus sub-period ie Venus antardasha in any other planet’s mahadasha.
- Taurus as the Lagna or Moon sign Taurus should pay attention to personal health, especially heat related diseases. Also this is the most determined sign of the zodiac so you might be even more stubborn and headstrong than usual.
- Libra ascendant or birth Moon sign Libra– again health issues and turbulent unexpected changes coupled with a deep sense of imbalance which affects you in every way.
- Note which house Venus is transiting in your chart and expect turbulence from the keywords of this house and also the house opposite it. Eg When Venus is transiting Libra, also pay attention to the stuff that Aries signifies in your chart.
- If you have Venus combust in your birth chart then you generally feel lonely but unwilling to accept or express it. You feel unbalanced in one-one relationships and often lose out on important interactions because of your self centred behaviour. When Venus goes combust in transit, you will feel even more restrictions in relationships, financial, material, spiritual etc matters. Do try to focus on what you really want deep inside, rather than what you think you want.
The effect of combustion will also depend on the strength of the Sun in your personal birth horoscope at birth and also in transit. So you should also be aware of what the Sun stands for in your birth chart. If the Sun is a functional benefic for the chart, there would be some good results. If your birth Sun is strong or if he gains strength during this time in transit, then you might feel a very high level of self-confidence which can as easily become over-confidence in the matters related to Venus.
Combust Venus means that the energy of the planet is absorbed by the Sun. A ‘Venus eclipse’ and everything connected to Venus be dominated by your self-ego. All the attributes of Venus, ie fairness, balance, law, equitable relations, money, resources, etc will be unbalanced. No one will feel like sharing anything but will feel entitled to dominate, grab and hoard things selfishly for their own selves.
When Venus is combust his guidance is no longer available. The esoteric Guru has evaporated. It becomes difficult to judge the true value of things, people, actions, emotions, relationships, thoughts, desires etc during this period. Inability to appreciate what you have. Validation will be conspicuous by its absence. Unfairness in love and a disinclination to give and receive from your loved ones, out of balance irrational behaviour. A sense of internal loneliness is triggered which is expressed as a superficial exaggerated bravado in the matters controlled by Venus. Yet on the inside, there will be low self esteem, discomfort, a sense of defeat, desperation and inferiority.
There will be disputes in the family and with the spouse. Expect criticism from loved ones. Spiritual practice might suffer. Financial losses, separations from loved ones, breaks in business partnerships, addictions etc. Creative arts, eg films music etc might not be able to express themselves for sometime, ‘writer’s block’ is possible. Recognition for creativity will reduce, some might not get paid enough for their work. Forgeries, cheating, corruption, immorality etc can increase. Warped ideas will be promoted as ‘creativity’. Decision making capacity will decrease. Some might find themselves tangled in intense but short term legal issues and erratic romantic affairs.
An unhealthy fascination with cosmetic procedures and artificial modifications of the body. In extreme cases by performing irreversible and dangerous surgeries on the body. Do recognise that this desire to go under the surgical knife stems from an inability to love your own self. The real solution is to follow some daily ritual where you spend some time with yourself and learn to appreciate your own beauty.
This period is not suitable for any auspicious activities, pujas, ceremonies etc and especially the sanskars of our Dharma are not performed during this time.
On the global levels. As I have repeatedly mentioned, the war in Ukraine will drag on, there is really no end in sight. Russia has the upper hand for several reasons, to begin with it has a better chart. This war will consume the ‘West’ ie Europe and USA. Their collective economy will go down, people will physically exit this earth and there will be continued turmoil and suffering. All this will have an overall negative impact on the global economy which will also slow down. National and international treaties, contracts, partnerships or agreements will not be honoured. Every nation will try to secure its own assets at the expense of its neighbours. Discussions on non-issues will consume public energy. Expect civil unrest and riot like situations in several nations. Public health will be affected. Generally the nations to the east of Bharat will fare better than those on the west. (And the transits etc of the other planets will aggravate the situation instead of showing a way out, especially Mars in Taurus will wreck finances, currencies, national treasuries etc.)
Specifically for Bharat’s Independence Day chart, Taurus is the ascendant sign. Venus is the ascendant lord going combust and with all the additional planetary movements, the coming time is not good. He will be combust and transiting the 4th to 9th house of the national chart, impacting the keywords of these houses as he goes through them in sequence. There will be national security concerns. The economy will see a slowdown. Public health will be affected. Financial measures will have to be taken which can hurt. Agricultural produce will be affected, in fact all sort of production will see a decrease. Natural disasters especially excessive rainfall, high wind, flooding etc is expected. There will be civil unrest, protests etc by anti national elements which will adversely affect several states. Anti-national activities will rise. (Shakun shastra is the study of omens. I was reading a news item last week where a crack was seen in the Arun stambh of the Bhagwan Jagannath temple at Puri. This is not an auspicious shakun and it indicates negative results for the state of Odisha and also for the nation.)
Our society is based on relationships of so very many types. Every relationship, where two or more entities are involved, is based on agreements, even the most romantic partnership will have some said/unsaid rules. And when Venus is combust in the skies, all these agreements go for a toss, and this is leads to unsolvable problems.
Remedies as always are Daan and Mantra.
- You can try to do daan on the day Venus turns combust. And daan is not charity, it is a conscious giving away of the unbalanced energy to a Consciousness capable of accepting it.
- Mantra of Venus on Fridays will be very helpful. Or worship of any feminine deity or reciting the Shri Sukta or any mantra or stotra of a feminine deity will also equally work as a remedy.
- Also you can try wearing the fragrances or colors associated with Venus to subtly bring about a change in the energy. Venus is associated with certain foods which you can also add to your diet.
- You can also alter your behaviour or change your expectations during this time frame. But intelligently modulating the mindset is possible only if you are on a higher spiritual level or are already practicing some regular spiritual practices.
- A daily schedule of simple pujas for your Kuldevata or Ishtadevata etc is always recommended as this helps hold you together even in trying circumstances and it also helps the additional remedies to act more effectively on you.