There was a question on “energy healing” and how it works.
The basic concept is this, you are pure energy, the Advaita, the Eternal Non-dual. You take on this 5-layered body to enjoy this game of creation, Lila. This body is also pure energy. Depending on the level of your perception you can observe your body layers. If you use your physical sense organs, you can see the physical body/ Sthool sharir. If you have trained yourself to sense auras you are seeing some parts of your Sookshma sharir. If you are an advanced spiritual aspirant you will see your causal body/karan sharir. And finally when you attain Realisation/Moksh you will observe the Soul, your real Self too.
Now back to the body. The various prarabdha karma which you have chosen to enjoy/endure in this life put their imprints on this body. (These karma do not affect the Soul. Nothing can touch your Soul.) When these ‘imprints’ get stuck on your body, (this happens at the moment of your birth), you suffer through various ailments, troubles etc or enjoy the various joys etc. These imprints are triggered at various time/space as per the script of your birth horoscope and transit/Dasha.
Both pain and pleasure are karmic imprints on the body, they are not a part of your body and neither are they a part of your Soul. Some karma adhere strongly and some weakly, that’s about it. Always remember that these karma are adhering to your bodies, they are not a part of ‘you’.
- Your body has 5-layers and these layer are arranged into the 3 bodies. If you have trained your sub-conscious or are doing your spiritual practice, you can perceive these karmic imprints on your sookshma-sharir in color as red, grey, black stains. Or as burn marks, cuts, welts, injuries etc. Or as hooks, ropes, weird tattoos, cords bound around your subtle body etc. or bas broken limbs and torn body parts. Or as twists in the nadis or irregular pran flow, pran moving in a jerky manner and if the pran flow has stopped the nadi will seem gray/black etc. There will be something on this body which will stand out. This imprint will feel distasteful, painful, burning, slimy, irritating, uncomfortable etc.
Another typical thing, as you get more used to seeing your astral self, or do more Dhyan you will see into more layers of yourself. The outermost physical body is solid, everyone can see it. Some of you might have trained yourself to see your aura which is a reflection of your sookshma-sharir/subtle body, this will have some color depending on your emotional, physical and mental state at that moment. As you go deeper you will also sense your causal body/karan sharir. Whenever I see my this inner most body it is always a pure white layer. So if you see such layers of colors, do not get confused, you are just seeing yourself more deeply.
Now to healing your bodies.
Most of you will be modifying the energies of your subtle body, sookshma sharir when you do ‘healing’ on yourself. (Rarely will someone need to go deep into the causal body to heal at such inner depths.) There are basically two ways in which you can “heal” these karmic imprints using your intention.
The first one is to literally remove the hooks etc. If you can ‘see’ them, you can just grab and pluck them out. These are extra things inserted into your body which are damaging to you, so just pull them out. eg if you see cords into tied on your body just remove them, pluck them out. This visualisation may seem a bit difficult if you are not used to working in the psychic realms but is quite easy. Simply pull out the foreign looking object which is on your subtle body and it will come off.
The second way is to just ‘peel off’ the unnatural energies adhering to your subtle body, just as you would peel off a sticker from a sticker book. These hooks, wounds, burns, cords etc are not a part of you, so you can easily ‘peel’ them off. Use either of these two visualisations as you feel comfortable with.
Now if the ‘injury’ is very deep or the imprint is stuck on very intensely then it will appear again in your astral body. Some karmic impressions are carried on for several lives so are stuck on rather firmly. So you may have to repeat this exercise several times to finally get rid of them. Best would be to give yourself a healing session every day. It takes only 5 mins of your time if you do it regularly. Once your mind gets used to this process, and can hold on the visualisations etc (say after about 21days or so) you can do the healing part anywhere and at any time of the day.
If you have Ketu in a prominent position in your birth chart then you must take care of your astral body. If he is with your ascendant lord or the birth Moon or influencing several planets then your sookshma-sharir is more your ‘real body’ than your physical body. The physical ailments and discomforts which you will undergo will have their real roots in the astral body. So healing the inner bodies should be an essential part of your daily routine.
Energy work is all about intention and visualisation. For this you need to have your mind under control and able to strongly visualise. This is how you would go step-wise about the process.
First prepare your room. You can cleanse it using by waving your favourite incense or peacock feathers or by spraying water of the Ganga or do a thorough cleansing using sea salt packets or lemons if you so wish. (Do refer to these earlier posts, use the index page to locate them). Keep the lights dim. Sit on your asan or in any pose where you feel comfortable. Take a few breaths, close your eyes, relax. This helps train your mind. (You are teaching your mind that now you are going to do healing on yourself. So a few sessions later your mind will start getting into the healing mode itself as soon as you do this preliminary clean-up and all.)
Then prepare yourself. You can think of your favourite deity or source of faith or the Universal source of energy. Intend that you are going to heal yourself, request blessings and power from these higher self. If you know Reiki you can ‘draw’ the Reiki symbols and make a cocoon around yourself. If you do not know Reiki then you can make a chi-ball to create an energy cocoon around yourself. (You are fortifying yourself with extra energy consciously.)
And heal yourself.
- With your eyes closed, try to ‘see’ yourself. All your body parts, do you ‘feel’ anything odd about any of them? Are they all feeling bright and active? Observe critically.
- If you know your horoscope, (Vedic astrology), ‘look’ carefully at the body parts linked to the ascendant sign, the birth moon sign and the sign occupied by Ketu in the chart, there is a greater possibility that something is going wrong here.
- If you see anything, hooks, burns, cords etc, you have to now ‘remove’ them. You can either ‘peel’ them off or ‘pull’ them out as you feel convenient.
- Visualise the removed hooks, stickers etc burning in a very deep bright fire and floating away from you.
- Then visualise a ‘bandage’ of energy, a soothing pearly shimmery layer of energy setting over the affected parts of the astral body. Hold this visualisation for a minute or so.
- Then finally visualise a soothing healing shimmery pearly cocoon around you. Visualise that your source of faith is energising this cocoon.
- Take a few deep breaths and then it is done.
So this is how you do a simple healing on yourself. (I have written several posts on healing and energy. Do use the Index page or the search bar to locate them if you wish to read.)