Psychic-attack is quite common. A psychic attack first attacks your mind, your astral body, then it percolates into your physical body. It is basically a negative thought powered by invoked energies. All of us will go through such an experience in our life-time. It may be fleeting or sustained, unintentional or malevolent and with lesser or deeper impacts, but it will be. Most of us are quite ignorant of the invisible energies around us so might not register this event as a ‘psychic attack’. But it will happen to all of us at some point of time. If you are aware of it you can act and reduce your exposure and contain damage.
There are basically two ways of doing this. One is the passive way and the other active method of protection.
Passive methods are broadly the spiritual practices you perform regularly. Here you strengthen your mind. You are only as strong as your mind is. So if you practice regularly you will gain as follows,
- You still your mind. The loss of energy due to the non-stop chattering mind reduces.
- You gain control over your actions and reactions. Even if someone psychic-attacks you, you are more able to remain composed and work out a plan to get yourself out of trouble. You are able to concentrate and intend more clearly/ strongly.
- You become fearless. You stop your mind’s wild imagining. As your faith in your Higher self deepens you lose fear of the unknown. 99% of our agitation is caused by fear of the unknown triggered by the mind going wild, imagining.
- As you meditate on the abstract qualities of peace, harmony, higher self, self-love, protection from the Universe etc, you are building yourself up. This is like a gym for the spirit. You get stronger. You get emotionally stable and solid. Very few things will have the ability to shake you. The influence of external forces will diminish in both strength and duration.
- You elevate your own energies to such levels that the energy of the psychic attack becomes irrelevant.
- This passive method is a daily practice and without its support you cannot hope to do anything more.
Now the active methods also can be broadly of two types, generic and specific.
First is the generic. Here you are not responding to an attack, you are just doing regular ‘house-keeping’. You are required to cleanse, shield and ground yourself regularly. Once in a week or in a fortnight is good enough. I have written posts on this earlier. Use the energy tool of your choice ie lemons, sea salt, peacock feathers, vibhuti etc, on yourself, your loved ones and your residence. This will ensure that the regular ‘evil eye’ negative energy, which all of us are exposed to, is removed periodically. Just like you sweep your house, you also are sweeping out the negative energies from around you.
Second is the specific. This can be as simple as a prayer to your source of faith or as complicated as a full-fledged ritual. There is infinite energy around you which you can use. It is outside of you, it is other than your personal energy, so first you have to invoke it. You focus on one aspect of this universal energy which will help you resist and overcome the psychic-attack. Once you have invoked it, you concentrate the invoked force using a symbol, an object, a talisman, a gesture, a mental effort, etc. While using these symbols and talismans you should never forget that it is ultimately your own intention which powers everything you do. The more clear and focussed your intention is, the more powerful your defence will be. Then after concentrating this energy, you release this ball of energy with the intention of countering the psychic-attack.
If you think you are under active psychic attack, here is a step-wise to-do. First create a proper shield. This will take max 2 mins.
- Stand or sit facing east. Keep your hands in the namaskar position. Relax. Close your eyes. Breathe deeply a few times, think of your source of faith, favourite deity, universe, etc whom you are going to invoke. Feel its presence within you and visualise it looking at you with love and attention. Say your favourite prayer in your language or a mantra, request help.
- Visualise the golden-silvery energy from your deity entering you. You and your aura are now covered in golden-silver energy.
- Visualise a Bindu, a dot at your third eye chakra, between your eyebrows. The Bindu is the origin of creation. All the energy of the Universe is concentrated in this dot. You are going to use its energy.
- Now visualise a flaming gold sword in your hands.
- Next visualise your energy multiplying. If it helps, you can see yourself increasing in size, as big as the universe perhaps. You with the golden-silver aura, holding the fiery sword ready in your hands, your deity giving you his power. You are ready to defend yourself now.
- Now visualise a tight circle around you, keep it as tight as you can. You visualise yourself using the the tip of your sword and draw it clockwise. (This is all the power of your visualisation. Your physical hands are still in the Namaskar position). The circle should be just big enough to contain your body. Visualise tiny golden flames coming out of the circle, going outwards. Visualise this circle a few times to make it stronger and brighter. These flames will burn whatever is being sent against you.
- Now pray to your deity and request him/her to protect you from danger coming from all 10 directions. East, west, north, south, NE, NW, SE, SW, up and down. Your intention should be clear and focussed. The more clearer you ‘see’ the sword and the circle of fire the more powerful it will be.
- Clear your mind, slowly, breathe deeply, relax, open your eyes, put your hands down from the namaskar position. And you are done.
Now you know how to make your defence, let’s see where all can you use this flaming circle shield.
You can visualise such a flaming shield around yourself or your loved ones. It will protect. You should refresh it once or twice a day if you feel.
Use this circle to seal your aura. After you finish step (6), visualise two knots in your aura at your right and left foot. The aura will remain sealed.
You are going to meet someone you dislike, someone who tries to overwhelm you, it is an unintentional psychic attack. So you have already made this flaming circle in the morning. Now when you actually meet him, visualise a sheet of transparent glass between you and him. If he is exceptionally dominating, visualise a brick wall between you two. This will stop the psychic attack. Another way of avoiding psychic attacks from over-bearing people is closing yourself. Use this posture. Cross your fingers or cross your arms across your stomach. Keep your elbows close to your sides, there should be no space between your arms and your sides. Keep your feet side by side but not crossing. You thus seal yourself off to this person.
Often some people try to psychic-dominate others by staring intently into the other’s eyes. If you ever face this problem, do not stare back. It will exhaust you. Rather look at the tip of the nose or on the points above or below the the other’s eyes. Avoid looking into other person’s third eye chakra or any other chakra for that matter. Remember chakras are energy vortexes they tend to pull in the energy coming from anywhere. In this case it is wise to avoid direct contact with the other’s chakras, which can result in over-depletion of one’s precious psychic energy. (No genuine sadhak/ spiritual aspirant will gaze intently into other’s eyes. It causes hypnosis to the other. Also loss of power of the aspirant. I avoid looking directly into other’s eyes.)
Now the final is to counter-attack. At step (4) you have visualised a weapon, a fiery sword. If you get into the habit of refreshing your energy defence circle everyday you will naturally refresh this energy weapon too. With every visualisation, this weapon will gain power and be more easily accessible. You can then use this flaming sword to cut cords or stop negative entities actively. But I would advise to wait for some time. Make yourself more powerful by practising the passive methods first. Second get into the habit of cleansing your self/ surroundings. Third, learn to make a very strong shield, the ring of flames. And then attempt direct counter-attacks with your energy weapon.
This visualisation is a very basic step. Later you won’t need to spend even these 2 mins. All this becomes instinctive, just like breathing.
It is important to increase pran levels flowing in your body. I have written about this earlier also. Sit in the morning sunlight, eat healthy food, plenty of water, avoid heavy meats but fish is ok, avoid alcohol and drugs, keep your mind fresh. This much is enough to counter-act the regular psychic attacks that one faces in life. Even if you are facing someone quite malevolent, this much will help you gain time till you can consult a professional practitioner. This is an exciting world of energy where you gain and suffer in terms of the astral-self first. Your mind is your most important tool, keep it in your control always.
(I have continued this post in the next two parts, here and here)
(A recent episode.
My husband, son and Dad were out and I was home alone for quite a few days. It gets quite cold here and there is complete silence at night, utterly still. So I was half-sleep and heard some spirits wandering about. Quite dirty things, irritating. So in my half-sleep I shut down the house, astrally, completely. Now the next day they were still wandering about the house. I threw them out, went to the office, came back quite late, went to bed. Now they were trying to talk to me! This was a surprise as once I throw something out, they stay out. These were trying to catch my attention and one of them touched me, which made me cross. I threw them out again and went to do Dhyan.
The next morning the spirits were still there, still trying to talk to me. Now I was confused. Apparently I had, in my half-sleep, shut the house down so tightly that now the spirits could not exit. They were desperate to go but were trapped. eg If they exited from the bedroom they would appear in the kitchen. When I threw them out they simply reappeared in some other room. They wanted me to set them free! I had written a post on ‘haunted houses’ and it was a personal experience so I had sort of radiated energy while writing it. So these spirits were curious and wanted to see the source of this energy. Such a face-palm moment and it was funny.
So the moral of the story is before shielding the house ensure that you have first cleansed it. Do not manipulate the astral when half-asleep. And it is quite easy to trap spirits but they are quite unhygienic so it is better not to.)