Go to any astrologer today and the first thing he/she will do is scare you. I mean really, scare you, with some line like ‘good you came to me at this time, you are about to suffer a major misfortune!” or something like this. Most of the astrologers charge by the hour and seem to want to make a one-off client a permanent patient, so that he can be scared again and again and of course charged money again and again.
And then they prescribe complicated pujas to be done at the temples/pandits of their choice or prescribe expensive gemstones to be bought from the jeweller of their choice. Naturally the pandit and jeweller pay a percentage of profit back to your astrologer. An equivalent of the doctors cut-practice. And scare you too with some misfortune too.
I have never prescribed such pujas involving pandits or gemstones in my entire life of reading horoscopes.
The reasons are very simple, for pujas,
- There are rare pandits or temple pujari who are very sincere about carrying out pujas and keep themselves away from tamasic stuff so that they can sincerely do the pujas.
- Pandit who pronounce the mantras properly and with the proper intent. Again a big question.
- The materials as required for the pujas are not pure anymore. Simplest example is cow ghee from the market is never made from pure desi cows milk and for pujas nothing else can do.
And for the gemstones,
- Untreated and pure stones of the desired quality are not available. Most of the gemstones in the market are treated to get better commercially desirable properties.
- Gemstones are quite expensive, eg a good quality blue sapphire can easily cost Rs 5 lakh or more. And wearing a substitute or lower quality one is no good and in fact may cause damage.
- Even if you manage to get yourself a gemstone, that particular piece may not suit you. Gemstones too are living beings, in the sense that they have prana (life energy) and its quite possible that the particular stone you just bought does not resonate with your personal energy. This is seen most spectacularly with blue sapphire where wearing a stone that does not suit you will cause you damage almost immediately within days.
- And the last but most important point which no one bothers about. The Gemstone is a living being with prana (life energy). It has to be recharged regularly else it will lose its prana and “die”. When the gemstone is first worn a puja is done over it. If this puja is done properly with intention it nicely charges the stone. But over time depending on the quality of the stone and the horoscope of the individual using it, its energy gets drained. Dead gemstones lose their lustre, may develop cloudiness and some may even crack. Wearing a dead gemstone will cause damage. So how to recharge gemstones? No astrologer will tell you this, that this has to be done regularly by doing a simple 108 jaap of the associated planet’s beej mantra over it.
So in my practice I soon came to the conclusion that I did not want repeat patients because I never took any money or anything for reading horoscopes or consulting. And I have always believed that astrology is an empowering tool. I never wanted people dependent on my words and wanted them to ultimately find their own spiritual core.
Of course a horoscope has plus and minus points and to put its energies in harmony certain corrective actions have to be taken. Over my practice I have found the following work with the added benefit of spiritually pushing the client healing him deeply from within.
- I always prescribe Dhyan, or at a daily routine, 10mins in the morning/evening.
- Beej mantras of the relatively weak planets which need boosting up in the horoscope always work. eg. OM hraang hreeng hroung sah suryaya namah 108 times jaap sincerely sitting on your asan on a sunday morning will work better than any ruby that you may wear.
- I also ask my clients to perform homams. Doing Agnihotra daily at sunrise and sunset is highly desirable as it improves the energy of the entire surroundings and a simple mahamrutunjai homam is quite easy for any one to perform without a pandit and without unnecessary paraphernalia. What is essential is the Intention (Sankalp) of the individual.
- In case of specific problems also there are mantras which work 100%. e.g. for issues regarding marriage chanting Shrisukta once a day and then applying a tilak of kesar (saffron) always works. In fact Shrisukta is such a wonderful remedy for all problems because “Shri” is prosperity Herself. What ever is desired She grants. She grants worldly desires and also ultimately takes the individual along the spiritual path.
- For curing diseases, there are specific mantras from the Devi mahatmya (Durga Saptashati). To use it. Chant siddhakunjika stotra once and then the navavarana mantra ॐ ऐं ह्रीं क्लीं चामुण्डायै विच्चे |रोगानशेषानपहंसि तुष्टा रुष्टा तु कामान् सकलानभीष्टान् । त्वामाश्रितानां न विपन्नराणां त्वामाश्रिता ह्याश्रयतां प्रयान्ति |ॐ ऐं ह्रीं क्लीं चामुण्डायै विच्चे | at least 3 times (ideally would be 108 times)
- Or for those who are a bit scared of invoking Devi Chandi for curing diseases, Vishnu sahastranama is also a wonderful option. Either reading it or listening to it or even keeping the book under the pillow at night can work.
- For removal of curses, evil eye, ghosts etc ॐ ऐं ह्रीं क्लीं चामुण्डायै विच्चे 108 times is more than sufficient. Of course to activate this mantra chanting Siddhakunjka first is necessary. Or there are several other ways using your intention which you can use as per your comfort levels.
So my dear readers, in case you get caught by an astrologer who wants to make you his regular patient, do remember that expensive pandits, pujas and gemstones are not everything. There are always other and more effective methods of changing your energies. If not anything else chant the Gayatri Mantra 108 times in the morning and evening and see yourself evolve.
ॐ भूर्भुवः स्वः
ॐ तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं ।
भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि
धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात् | ॐ