I like working with crystals because they are very easily programmable, can be quite strong energy-batteries, and if you buy tumbled crystals in bulk they are quite inexpensive. Clear quartz is my work-horse, I use it for everything. Using crystals charged with mantras or Reiki gives very good results. Gemstones are another thing but are quite expensive, they too work quite well if charged with specific mantras. You can even charge the gold and silver jewellery you wear with energy. The object is not magic, it is your intention and will that turns it into a tiny energy battery supporting you throughout your day.So here is another easy way you can use your crystals. You can do this on any day which resonates with you during the bright half of the month in the waxing moon phase (shukla paksha) (avoid Tuesdays and Saturdays). Buy a bagful clear of clear quartz tumbled crystals. Keep them for 30mins in a bucket with warm water and sea-salt to cleanse them thoroughly. Rinse them off and dry them. Now these crystals are ‘clean’ blank slates on which you can ‘write’ your intention. So how do you write your intention?
- Place all these stones on a clean cloth in front of your altar/puja ghar/sacred space. Set up the ambience in the way you like it, use incense, essential oils, flowers whatever uplifts your mood and brings you closer to the divine within you. (If you want do a cleansing and grounding exercise for your own self before starting.) Face east or north. Relax, take a few deep breaths, recite Om (dragging the mmmm part). Think of your favourite deity/Universe/Parabrahma/your higher self etc. whatever energy you have faith in.
- Take a nice colored pen and a small piece of paper. Write out your intention on this paper very clearly and positively. “I am healthy”, “I am happy”, “I am safe”, “I enjoy my office work”, “xyz is relaxed and rejuvenated”, etc. Visualise your intention in the present tense. You can intend health, happiness, fresh energy, protection from the evil eye etc for your own self or for the ones you love. But stick to one, only one thought at a time. The things that will manifest will depend on how strongly you are willing it, your intention powers everything. You are always in control. Now put this paper below the pile of crystals. Feel your intention from the core of your heart.
- Now if you know Reiki, draw all the Reiki symbols you have been taught in the air over the crystals in front of you. Intend that they enter the crystals. Visualise each Reiki symbol glowing silver/gold and entering the stones. Place both your palms on the stones and as strongly as you can, visualise the symbols within them and again strongly set your intention within them.
- Now if you do not know Reiki, you can still charge your crystals. Rub your palms on each other for a minute and fold your hands in the Namaskar position. This links up the chakras of both the palms and creates an energy circuit. Now focus into your third eye and recite your favourite mantra eg Gayatri mantra or if you want to energise some planet then its beej mantra or if pregnant then the relevant planetary mantra or any prayer which touches your soul. (A mantra needs to be recited 108 times). If you do it with full focus your palms will tingle, get hot or feel energised. Now place your energised palms on the stones in front of you and visualise your mantra entering the stones along with your intention. Keep your palms on them till you feel satisfied.
- Now take away your palms, thank your source of faith for the love and happiness you have in your life. Sit in a contemplative mood for a few minutes. Later keep the intention paper tucked somewhere near your altar/puja ghar/sacred space.
- Your crystals are now charged and ready for use.
Now where can use you use your charged crystals? Keep them everywhere, in your purse, underneath your pillow, under your mattress, in your wardrobe, in your shoe rack, kitchen cupboard, in your office desk, your car, in your water bottle, wherever you can think of. They will add energy to you in every way possible. You should recharge these stones once a month or even once a week if you feel like it, whenever you have time.
And finally you can reuse your crystals. After your intention gets manifested, you should burn your intention paper and wash your crystals in saltwater, cleanse them, turn them ‘blank’ again so that you can reprogram them with a different intention. This is the easiest and quite effective way you can use your crystals in your daily life.
If you want to experiment with other crystals I would recommend just these few. I haven’t needed more than these few for my energy work. Of course everyone will have their own experiences with crystals but for beginners this much is more than enough!
- clear quartz – your work-horse, do everything with it, it works very beautifully
- purple amethyst – helps in clarity stability grounding
- rose quartz – pinkish – balances the emotions related stuff
- tiger eye – gets rid of unnecessary baggage you are holding on to
- citrine – removes negative influences from aura and sub-conscious
And always remember you are powering your own intention, the crystals are just the tools. You are the magic and your own Magician.