The intelligent force of beauty and balance, Venus goes retrograde once every 18 months. This time Venus is going retrograde from 19th Dec 2021 to 29th Jan 2022, for 41 days. In this time, he will also be combust for from 6th Jan 11th Jan.
- He had entered Capricorn on 8th Dec.
- He will enter Sagittarius in retrograde motion on 30th Dec
- And enter Capricorn again in forward motion on 27th Feb.
In terms of Nakshatra he will move back from Uttarashadha to Poorvashadha during this retrograde. He will be combust while retrograde in Poorvashadha.
The signs primarily affected are Sagittarius and Capricorn. Also his own signs Taurus and Libra will show the effects. In your own birth chart, wherever these signs are and whatever they signify in your life will show the effects of Shukra Vakri. Also whatever Venus signifies for you, he will show his effect.
- Eg if your ascendant sign or birth Moon sign is any of these signs then the physical body or the emotional states will show more impact of the revision that Venus is doing to do now.
- Eg if Libra is your 10th house, the 10th house things will show a lack of balance, fairness and several things connected to this might be reviewed, rolled back or redone during this time. So keep track of your profession, Dad and your social activities.
- Eg if Venus is in your 9th house then you will find your luck suddenly going bad, denial of expected help you expect from your seniors, misguidance on important issues etc.
Generally when Venus is retrograde, we cannot much rely on his guidance. Our concepts of value and validation are turned upside down. It becomes difficult to understand the true value of things, people, actions, emotions, relationships, thoughts, desires etc. Validation from the loved ones may fail to satisfy.
In this time, avoid giving advice to others, else you might be blamed when things go wrong later. Payments for work may get delayed. Addictions may start. Personal meditative and spiritual practice might suffer. Financial losses, separations from loved ones, breakdown of partnerships are temporarily possible. Family tensions and issues in marriage are possible. If you meet someone new during this time, then it is most likely an unsuitable and short term attraction. But you might also see your old relations and ex loves come back in your life as retrograde Venus expects you to give yourself a proper closure or to resolve things. Or rarely, there may be some happy reunions as the past misunderstandings are cleared up in this reviewing period and genuine deep love might resurface.
Creative arts, beauty, aesthetics etc will suffer. So people in films, music etc might not be able to express themselves properly. Or really twisted things may be passed off as ‘entertainment’. Venus retrograde period is more challenging for businessmen as ‘fairness’ does not exist. Salaried people holding secure jobs are in a better position to tide over in this period, but be prepared for overload and stress in work.
New beginnings during this period generally do not take off as expected so starting new projects etc is not advisable. Avoid taking major decisions related to your appearance, business, job, investments, relationships, home improvements etc now and keep your diet in control.
However it is not all bad as Venus after all is a natural benefic, he is the Guru of the esoteric, of the inner spiritual. He may bring up some situations which if handled properly can give you long term gains but this will be possible after he goes forward again. Or help you recover something of value from your past which you were not being able to get easily.
Briefly analysing using the Nakshatra energies of Uttarashadha and Poorvashadha lunar mansions.
- Poorvashadha is ruled by Apah and connected to Venus.
- Uttarashadha is ruled by Vishvedev and connected to the Sun.
So during this time, materialistic behaviour will increase. Listening to others or finding common ground or a mutually acceptable compromise will be difficult. Everyone will make more mistakes which will have long term implications. People will act selfishly and fail to remain in harmony with nature thus ill health or mental stress will increase. Lying, dishonesty, superficial irresponsible behaviour will increase. People will feel disconnected from everything around them. Travelling may be curtailed, matters will fail to reach their logical conclusions or break off inexplicably, starting new things will not be auspicious.
Venus combust while retrograde in Sagittarius will add to the confusion. The Venus ‘eclipse’ will add a sense of selfishness, ego, self-entitlement and noncooperation to the scene for this brief time.
Retrograde planets in transit or in birth charts, indicate that there are unresolved conflicts pending from the past lives. Your subconscious tendencies and conscious actions do not synchronise. You are internally constantly revising all the time. ie You look at the physical event in all possible dimensions in all possible ways so that you can extract the maximum information from it. You reflect on yourself, your experience and your deepest motives again and again. You desire complete understanding.
If you have Venus retrograde in your birth chart then you are more likely an introvert. Relationship related issues with parents, siblings and friends are common as you have unrealistic expectations which cannot be fulfilled. So a sense of artificialness, hollowness exists in all interactions, even with close relations. You wish to always withdraw from the situation you are placed in. You feel like you do not belong anywhere, but still you want to feel what ‘belonging’ means. If you can manage to reconcile these two conflicting tendencies then you can live a more balanced life. Eg you can try creating extravagant over-the-top artistic expressions which are placed for public viewing but live an intensely private personal life.
For those with retrograde Venus at birth, this time can sometimes be doubly hard as too many issues come up for resolution. So keep your Mind steady and remain practical in your approach.
Strong birth charts do not suffer so very much in terms of transits as the foundational energy is able to cope with the changes that come with time. So if your birth Ascendant sign/lord and birth Moon are strong then the effects will be lesser or more manageable. In such cases, I give 75% weightage to the permanent birth positions and 25% to the temporary transit effects.
Remedies will include Mantra and Dana for Venus on the day he turns retrograde and on the day that he changes signs. Or you can do pujas of Devi Laxmi or any other feminine deity of your choice. Reciting Shri Sukta will also work as usual. Wearing clothes, fragrances and eating foods linked to Venus will also help you balance his energies within you during his retrograde.
There are two main phases in this retrograde, Venus in Capricorn and in Sagittarius.
Venus in Capricorn till 30th Dec 2021
- The birth Moon signs Gemini, Leo, Sagittarius, Pisces should take special care of their health and take measures to reduce mental stress. More efforts will needed to excel in the Venus things.
- Average for Taurus, Cancer and Virgo, a mixed bag of results so do something for Venus to increase his positive results. The birth Moon signs, Aries, Libra, Scorpio, Capricorn and Aquarius will be given few new opportunities but there is some scope to consolidate your past gains.
Venus in Sagittarius from 30th Dec 2021 to 27th Feb 2022
- He might give trouble to birth Moon signs, Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio and Aquarius. You will have to take extra efforts in the aspects of your life connected to Venus. Or channelise the energy consciously to avoid getting overloaded.
- He is average for Aries, Gemini and Leo, there will be some positives and some negatives mixed up in the results of Venus in your life. Cancer, Virgo, Libra, Sagittarius, Capricorn and Pisces will be given some opportunities to revise some past achievement and consolidate gains.
This general reading will depend on the power of the individual chart and the ongoing Dasha/ transits. But it is always advisable to do some remedial activity to improve his results in your life. Also try to think back in your life on the Venus related events which have occurred from about 20th Nov till 19th Dec 2021. These may be reviewed during this Venus retrograde. Some revision or restructuring is possible. Eg if your matrimonial alliance was fixed during this time then some issues may pop up.
But this period is vitiated by,
- A very dangerous combination of Mars and Ketu in Scorpio. A very strong Saturn in Shravan nakshatra, a relatively average Jupiter, a powerful Rahu in Taurus and an equally powerful Ketu in Scorpio.
- The recurring Kaal Sarpa yog which starts from 15th Dec till 22nd Apr 2022. The complete and partial Kaalsarpa will alternate every 15days during this time
- Retrograde and combust Mercury in Jan 2022.
- The effects of the recent lunar and solar eclipses of Nov and Dec.
So overall, everyone must take care of themselves, keep an average profile and avoid unnecessary risks.
For our nation Bharat/ India.
In the ‘birth’ chart, the ascendant sign is Taurus with Rahu practically on the rising degree and Ketu in the 7th. Today they are on the same axis and Mars with Ketu has added his fire to the 7th house. We are going through a tough situation, no doubt about it, enemies circling around us and traitors active from within. There will be serious issues. But still I trust the transit Jupiter who has made a favourable 5/9 axis with the birth Jupiter. And the transit Yogkarak Saturn is in the 9th house in his own sign. They will manage to somewhat protect the nation in their own way. However the time till 7th Apr 2022 remains dangerous as Mars will cause turbulence and pain to the nation and its citizens. Expect internal traitors to cause mischief, some civil riots especially caused by politically motivated religion, or aggression from other nations during this time or major accidents. But at least this time the national leadership will be able to cope with what is happening.
(I have taken the dates from drikpanchang.)