There were several questions on the the long term trends on what is going to happen to us. I do not have time to write detailed explanations, but you can use the following to come to your own conclusions.
Right now the world is going through a horrible crisis triggered by the eclipse of 26th Dec 2019. This annular solar eclipse involved 6 planets in Sagittarius and one Rahu in Gemini, so a total of 7 planets were mixed up in this energy. The, luminaries of the zodiac, Sun and Moon are not effective during an eclipse and unable to guide us. Rahu and Ketu in the stationary or in the forward motion indicates a release of a huge quantum of pending karma during a short span of time. Anything mixed up with an eclipse means that it is karma in fast forward. Whatever you have sown, this is the time you will reap it.
Sagittarius is the foundation house ie the 9th house of the natural zodiac, and anything which disturbs the 9th house has the potential to deeply destabilise. This eclipse hit very hard and initiated several disasters, most prominently the COVID 19. Sagittarius is the natural Dharma sthan. So on an esoteric level this eclipse has triggered a clash between the Dharma and Adharma. This is evident in the daily news, these sort of clashes suddenly increased after this eclipse. Ketu at the mid-point of Sagittarius, eclipsed the sign itself and also Sun, Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn all at once, thus humanity as a whole remained apathetic to and disinterested in these many aspects of life. We failed to pay attention to these many keywords in our personal and collective life. We could not foresee the implications of our actions as Rahu at the mid point of Gemini, ie the natural 3rd house, first eclipsed the sign and its keywords. This ensured that we, as a collective, took risks which now, in retrospect, seem to be an overreach leading to disaster.
This eclipse lasted for about 5:35 hrs, so its results on the global level will last for at least 5.5yrs, ie till mid 2025. So whatever was triggered by this eclipse on the personal and global levels will continue to show its effects till this time at least. These years will also have their own eclipses and transits which will modify the effect of the trigger eclipse. Especially combinations involving 5 or more planets in a sign will add to the overall instability.
With this background let’s try to very briefly analyse the time till mid 2025.
Jupiter has the unique ability to sustain life on Earth, he is called the Jiv karak. He is the sustainer of the body, mind and the individual soul. He allows the accumulation of resources, building up of assets and ensures support from the foundations of life. A favourable and powerful Jupiter has the capacity to set things back on the auspicious track. He owns Sagittarius and is the the natural Dharmesh of the zodiac.
For an overview of trends over longer time periods, we use Jupiter as the primary agent and see how the other planets are influencing him. We try find out those time periods where Jupiter has the power to set things back on an favourable, auspicious, Dharmic track.
I have very briefly sketched out the framework, try to see if you can fill in more details yourself. For the past, I have written posts on Jupiter transits. (use the index and see if I had got it right back then)
- Jupiter in Capricorn, 2020-21 was debilitated and so practically of no use. He allowed the collective health of humanity to deteriorate, economy to collapse, resources to be diminished etc. And Saturn in Capricorn meant karma came calling in a big way and Jupiter unable to do much about it.
- Jupiter in Aquarius 2021 – 22 is also not of much use, it is an average position for him. And Saturn continues powerfully in his own Capricorn, now more dangerous in the Shravan Nakshatra and will not let Jupiter act freely.
- An eclipse on 8th Nov 2022 involving 6 planets will have an undesirable impact on the global affairs.
- Jupiter in Pisces, 2022- 23 is a ray of hope but the window that he gets is very small and in pieces, 3 mths in 2022 and 3 mths in 2023. For the rest of his stay here, 6 mths, Saturn will significantly aspect him from Capricorn, hampering his style. This will be his 3rd aspect so will give more inauspicious and extreme results.
- An eclipse on 6th May 2023 will involve 6 planets causing more confusion.
- Jupiter in Aries 2023-24 would have helped global affairs. But Saturn will be aspecting him from Aquarius throughout his time here. Again the 3rd aspect which is not encouraging.
- An eclipse on 29th Oct 2023 will involve 7 planets and cause significant instability.
- Jupiter in Taurus 2024 – 25 is in a better position to do good for us. We will see some positive changes during this time. Jupiter in the natural 2nd house of the zodiac will help us accumulate resources and live a comparatively better quality of life. And he is not affected by the major malefics, ie Saturn Rahu Ketu. Depending on the other transits and personal charts of nations/ individuals, this time can turn around things for several of us.
- Jupiter in Gemini 2024-25 also should help humanity recover to some extent as he is not afflicted by major malefics, Saturn Rahu Ketu during his time here. The risks that we take will have more potential to be favourable in the long run. Economy will show visible signs of recovery.
- In 2025 Jupiter will also briefly enter Cancer, get exalted, but he is going forwards and backwards in Cancer over a period of 3yrs, from 2025, 26, 27. This means that the results expected will neither be deep nor long lasting. However there will be brief options opening up for short periods. He will be with Ketu briefly so the Guru chandal yog will operate.
Thus the 5.5yrs from the eclipse of Dec 2019 will unfold.
There are so many conjunctions, retrogression, eclipses, combustions etc which will occur during this time giving their own results. But the overall theme is of hardship and harshness. If your original birth chart is powerful enough, you will be able to make use of the windows of opportunity which will come from time to time. But overall for the world, Time is not favourable. Mahakaal has awakened. We humans can start something but how this action will end is in the hands of Mahakaal.
In your personal lives, take care of your health and finances. Most importantly follow Dharma in some way or the other. ie do your daily pujas, hold on to the mantra your Guru has given to you, practice the Gayatri mantra, practice gratefulness to the Sun, keep a living Tulsi plant in your house etc. Try to increase your internal energy in every way you can and fortify yourself.