I have seen so many people who scoff at the horoscopes. My own husband for some time after my marriage did not believe that the horoscopes could be this accurate! My brother too does not believe that the horoscope has the final say. He loves Tarot cards, he is an utter genius with them. Both are Sun-dominated personalities so cannot believe the horoscope can completely over-ride free will (typical nature of strong Suns!). You too will get such family members or friends who completely diss astrology or superficially say that they believe in it.
Always remember that your horoscope shows the choice of your birth. You chose the horoscope patterns. The way your current incarnation works ie your current body and mind is described by the horoscope. Not your soul, your soul is the Parabrahma, the Advaita itself, it is undefinable, unalterable. But your this current incarnation, the body/ mind created to go through karma and its repercussions is exactly as per the horoscope. If you tell me that you have such typical nature or you are going through such a situation at present or if you felt some typical emotion when you were a child, I can point out the exact combination in your horoscope which indicates this. We are all quite predictable and the horoscope does this by examining your own energy. Your body/mind and actions are clearly seen in your horoscope, it is undeniable. And if the horoscope shows some patterns for the future that too will happen. The reason is very simple, you yourself chose this at your own birth. You exercised your will at the point of birth, there are some options for course correction during the life, but the choice of birth has to be by and large honoured.
Transits are very important. These give the timing of the events indicated in the birth horoscope. An example, at this current moment, 29th Feb-2020, Mercury is combust and retrograde. You will be seeing juvenile arguments, pointless misunderstandings, faulty analytical processes all on an over-drive. And because he is combust too, there is a very high component of self-ego, selfishness, inability to see the other’s view point, the Sun has taken over the power of Mercury. They were exactly conjunct on 26th Feb, 2020, so a couple of days around this date would have been exceptionally ‘misunderstood’. People with a powerful Sun in their birth charts will seem even more domineering to others. (one person I know has an exalted Sun, 10th house, the strongest graha in his chart. Met him at a social function yesterday, his behaviour! but astrology can explain everything). On the other hand if your Sun is weak in your birth chart, then this period can be difficult on you, as you are more on the receiving end and nobody bothers to listen to your point of view. Mercury is combust and retrograde remember, its a double whammy. Then as usual, Mercury’s own guys, people with Virgo or Gemini especially as their Moon sign will be emotionally disturbed themselves and create mental disturbance to the others around them. It is unavoidable. Even if you know that this will happen the only option is to endure through. You can take measures to reduce the intensity or do something to recover faster but no remedy can completely avoid the unpleasant events.
Another interesting thing occurred 2 days ago, I was busy else would have written more about it. Sun was exactly conjunct Mercury in Aquarius and Mars in transit was exactly over Ketu in transit in Sagittarius. These Mars-Ketu conjunctions in transit have the potential to permanently sever connections both on the objective and subjective levels. Jupiter is with Mars/Ketu in Sagittarius, so he has lent his expansive energy to their fiery cut. This can indicate a highly karmic event and cause attendant severe trauma. I had written about the natures of Mars and Ketu in an earlier post. Ketu is said to be like Mars but he works on the subjective and astral planes and Mars on the objective and physical. Open your birth chart and see where house Sagittarius occupies from the ascendant sign.
- Eg you are Libra ascendant, Sagittarius would be in the 3rd house. Go back 2-3 days and think back on the interactions with your siblings, brothers, neighbours, team-mates, co-workers etc. There would have been at least one really intense fight/argument which would have the potential to snap ties forever. You might continue loving your sibling but you cannot endure his/her company anymore!
- Eg if you are Pisces ascendant, Sagittarius would be your 10th house, so one really intense event in the workplace or with the father etc, keywords of the 10th house, would have occurred 2-3 days ago. A good astrologer should always be aware of the current transits.
In addition, the background energy of the biggest event, Saturn in Capricorn after 30yrs. I have repeatedly written in my several posts that this 5yrs transit of Saturn in Capricorn/ Aquarius is very critical especially for Cancer/ Leo ascendants. Aries, Libra and Capricorn ascendants too can expect karmic events unfolding. The tip here is to focus on just 1-2 high potential activities, not spread out your energies haphazardly. eg If you have one sure-shot business deal, focus on this with all your intensity, do not go chasing after possibilities. Saturn always prefers sure-shot pragmatic ventures rather than romantic possibilities. And work, work hard.
- Cancer ascendants must have already started seeing the effect of Saturn transiting their 7th house, as one-one relationships start constricting, your life-time loves, spiritual practice, business deals show the strain. Cancer ascendants are possibly going through a very intense period where they need to make every move sensibly. Whatever you do now will be converted to karma, so be very careful (7th house’s hidden dangers). Behave sensibly, do not hurt, cheat, abuse others with whom you have one-one connects. Do your spiritual practice with serious discipline, it is a subject of the 7th house.
- For Leo ascendants Capricorn is the 6th house, so you will be forced to work, karmic demands for work will consume all your time. You will not be able to rest, or spend time with your children/spouse. Your business partnerships may suffer as you are unable to give personal attention. All your one-one relationships will literally vanish, as you are going to work and only work. Do Soham jaap consciously as you travel or have a few minutes free in your day. This will help you regain your internal energy.
Now we know that Saturn is in Capricorn for quite some time so we should analyse the transits of the faster planets with respect to his position too.
- Sun and Mercury are in Aquarius owned by Saturn. And Mercury combust and retrograde. This is the second sign counted from Capricorn. And Capricorn is twelfth counted from Aquarius. So events triggered by the energies of Sun+Mercury have Saturn’s energy as an undercurrent. Family times, family connections, dreams, sleep and the rest of the keywords of the second and twelfth houses are interlinked here. See for yourself how this has translated in your own chart.
- The current Mars/Ketu are doing their thing in Sagittarius, it is counted twelfth from the Saturn in transit. So their dissociative energies are capable of cleanly slicing off whatever Capricorn sign stands for in your life. Check it out.
- Mars will enter Capricorn in March to be with Saturn. He will be exalted here. So you will want to take risks with the Capricorn stuff in your life. Saturn does not like risks whatsoever. So internal conflicts can disturb you. If you have Saturn-Mars aspecting or in conjunction in your birth horoscope, be careful while Mars transits Capricorn. Accidents, heat-related issues can occur. If you are a Manglik, avoid risky behaviour. This is important, do not pick fights or hurt others by your aggression.
- And then 31st Mar, Jupiter enters Capricorn and on the same day Saturn and Mars are exactly conjunct. Keep a look-out on what happens around this date.
- Kaal-sarpa keeps popping in and out, partial for 15days and then full for 15days alternating till June, adding its own energy to the mix.
All this was a very generic discussion on how the horoscopes work. The individual results will depend on your personal horoscopes. So if you want to analyse transits first sit down when you have time, it is going to take one hour. Open your birth horoscope for the physical stuff. Open your birth Moon horoscope for the emotional stuff. Draw these two charts on a paper, analyse them a bit again. Open your software and the current transits, see how the planets are interacting with each other in the present moment in the skies. Now use a different colored pen and write the current transits on your birth and Moon charts. Now use your knowledge of the planets basic natures, their ways of working, their aspects etc. Try to see patterns being created between the birth positions and the current positions. Try to tally with what is going on a your life. It takes some practice but it is worth it because it helps make sense of what is happening to you. If good events are around then enjoy yourself. If adverse events surround you, know that they are there for a short while, as the transits change, eventually the situation will also change. This gives the mind courage to face up to what is happening. Mind needs hope to support it and Jyotish with its Light, gives just this Hope.