Am sure you would wonder why would anyone want to increase the energies of Saturn in their life. Well, we are not increasing/decreasing anything, we are just trying to balance it and make effective use of it.
Wherever Saturn is placed, he puts restrictions and constrictions on the keywords of that house. If badly placed, then he can cause quite a lot of problems, from physical aging, to problems in social identity, profession, money flow, problems in the residence, nameless fears, no comforts, pessimistic attitude, emotional restrictions, no rest, no sleep etc. He is exalted in Libra and debilitated in Aries (the exact opposite for his father the Sun). However after he matures at the age of 36yrs, his actions become more understandable. Sun, Moon and Mars are his enemies, Mercury, Venus, Rahu are friends with him and Jupiter and Ketu are sort of neutral to him. He is a natural malefic and has the ability to strike fear.
- Saturn can perform generally well in houses 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th, but this is a very generic statement. You will need to check what aspects he is under and what houses he owns too. E.g. Saturn in the 8th house will give a long life, i.e. he restricts death, but if there are other influences he might make it difficult to leave the aged body! More malefics influence him, more problems will he cause.
- Saturn in the 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th houses generally gives troubling results unless balanced out by some benefic influences. (One exception here is Libra ascendant, if Saturn is in Libra, as yogkarak and exalted, he can even grant Moksh if other planets support.)
- If you have Saturn aspecting/conjoint the Sun or the Moon take special care of your eyes.
The Saturn beej mantra is, ‘Om praang preeng prowng sah Shanischarya namah’, which can be recited once, thrice or 108 times on Saturdays. There are a few things that you can do to regulate and balance Saturn’s energies.
- You can add the colors, smells/fragrances and food tastes linked to Saturn in your life. Don’t overwhelm yourself, just a touch here and there.
- Take care of your teeth, brush with astringent toothpastes.
- Also take care of your bones, take your calcium and eat a healthy diet.
- If you drink milk, do not drink buffalo milk, stick to cow milk.
- Try to get an oil based massage once in a while. If it is not possible do a self-massage, apply your favourite massage oil to your feet, hands and head etc wherever you can easily and then shower.
- Avoid non vegetarian food and alcohol. It may be impossible but then if you can try to limit yourself to just fish for the protein and limit alcohol intake for only at social events.
- Feed ravens once in a while, give them chapati or bread something made of grains. (If ravens are not available near where you live then next option is crows)
- Do not lie and do not cheat. Such an important lesson, our teachers taught us when we were children. Also avoid taking up professions where you are required to lie all the time! e.g. lawyers? (If you are already a lawyer, help a genuine poor, blind or aged client free of charge once in a while).
And the kindest things that you can do are these acts of charity. These will help your own soul as well as bring real happiness to those who are forgotten by society. Do this with a genuine intention of being of service with love and respect.
- Call up your aged parents or grandparents once a week, or run some errands for them if you get the time.
- If you can afford it, maybe once a year, give a treat, sweets or fruits to an old age home. If it is not possible then take your own aged parents or grandparents for a special treat once in a while. Be compassionate.
- Specifically try to help out blind people or aged people. It can be as simple as helping them on the street or giving up your seat in the bus.
Saturn is the energy of Karma, you have to pay-back and rebalance, there is no option sometimes. So some pain will be involved. Interpreting Saturn’s role in your horoscope is very typical. You do not like the lessons that he teaches, he can be quite harsh. So try to bring into yourself the qualities of responsibility, silence, self-discipline, detachment and objectivity, in short ‘grow up’. Know that you have to give back, if you can give it back gracefully, karma will be more easily satisfied.