This is continued from the previous post here. Now about the houses, see how they connect with the occult. As usual check out the birth chart for the manifested reality of the occult phenomena, the navamsha for the astral and subconscious potential for the occult and the birth moon chart on how all this ‘other-ness’ affects the emotions and mental stability. Each house contributes to the ‘occult’ personality, but the main house is the 8th house.
Occult and the 8th are interlinked. You will need to analyse everything about this house, the planets placed in it and it’s ruler’s placement. Just a few combinations to get you thinking.
- Any planet connected to the 8th has the capacity to grant occult senses. Pay attention to the planets placed/aspecting the 8th, which houses they rule and their nature.
- The planetary owner of the 8th house of your chart, Mars the natural owner of the 8th house of the zodiac and the sign Scorpio the 8th natural sign, wherever they may be placed in the chart are linked to the occult. So analyse these forces too.
- I have noticed Aries ascendant and Libra ascendant persons are often connected to the ‘occult’ in some way. I think this is because the owner of the ascendant sign and the 8th house sign is the same planet. The personality tends to accept such energy transformations more easily.
- If the rulers of 4th, 5th, 8th, and 9th are linked in some way, (conjoint/aspects) in any of these houses, you can expect a highly aware tantrik personality.
- Mars if placed in the 8th house always indicates that high levels of astral forces are operating which will cause transformations through catastrophic changes. Similarly for Ketu in 8th house. If such persons refuse to take up their karmic burden in the right spirit, they will suffer accidents and other problems with the physical body. If they choose to serve out their karmic load, they will become exceptional tantrics, regularly working in the astral domain, changing internally
- I have a client who as a child didn’t understand what he was seeing. It was scary so as a child he intended that he stop ‘seeing’, so he also started losing his normal vision also. A very high myopia and more eyesight problems as he grew older. Finally by the Devi’s blessings, he realised that he had karma which could not be avoided so started ‘seeing’ again, both his visions (normal and ‘other’) then stabilised with this acceptance.
Now the three houses of the Dharma trikon, determine the foundations of your life, your personality/environment, your creativity/divine intelligence and your philosophies/teachers.
The first house, the Ascendant lord is how compatible your personality is with your environment. e.g. The ruler of the 1st house if with Ketu, will 100% give association with spirits. How this association turns out positive/negative depends on other placements. Ascendant sign is overall you and your environment. If you have Ketu in your 1st house, you will be also be more susceptible to the evil eye/’nazar’. Spirits can access your personality and environment very easily.
The 5th house is where you channelise divine intelligence and express it as your own personal creativity. e.g. If Ketu is linked to the 5th or owner of the 5th, you will receive information, communications and ‘intelligence’ from the disembodied ones, the ghosts and the spirits. Or the owner of the 8th house if placed in the 5th. Or if the ascendant and Ketu in the 5th.
The 9th house can grant a Teacher, a real Guru (tantric/spiritual/philosophical etc) who can guide responsibly. If this house is strong, you will learn whatever is being taught with a broad mind. You will be less likely to cheat yourself by misusing the knowledge you have been given. You will also be more likely to have students yourself so that you can pass on the wisdom thus completing your karmic cycle. Knowledge is always free, but it has to be given with a sense of love and responsibility and received with gratitude and respect. If not then this knowledge will be the cause of new karmic bindings. This house provides this foundation.
Occult abilities sometimes run in some families, Ketu in 2nd house, 4th house or even 9th house is a good indicator of such families.
Now if your profession is going to be linked to the occult, i.e if you are going to be a practicing tantrik, there will be a connect of the 2nd, 6th and 10th houses with the planets linked to the 8th house or Ketu. There will be links to the family background/2nd, or a need to serve/6th or social status/salary/profession/10th.
The Kama trikon is the 3rd/your boldness, 7th/bargaining capacity and 11th/ability to gain. These houses if strong enough will reduce the impacts of practicing the occult on yourself. I think it is rather obvious, if you are bold enough, you have the ‘working’ intelligence, you can negotiate equitable sharing/balance and gain from all this you are going to come out a winner.
The 11th house is rather important as is the house of your extended contacts, acquaintances, all sources of all types of gains, like-minded groups, very large groups etc. So if you are working with spirits, gaining from the occult etc this house will be important. Like I know a chart with Ketu in the 11th/Rahu in 5th, Moon, Mars, Sun superbly placed, this person has occult abilities beyond description, earns a lot and gives it all anonymously to charity, is never scared of anything that he sees. But then time and transits always take their toll so had to suffer very severely (illness for the physical body) for all this too.
And finally the Moksh trikon, how is this dabbling in the occult going to change you. Will you successfully resolve your karma and use these abilities as a springboard for self development? Or will you be lured by the sheer power that is accessible to you and get caught in the trap of ego? The activities of the 8th house are the main driving force. Occult is the 8th. These actions will be manifested in the 12th house in the astral and the sub-conscious dimensions and will serve as your foundation or binding, these final aspects are be analysed from the 4th house.For those who have an option of choosing between the ‘occult’ or ‘spiritual’ directions, it is advisable to choose the spiritual path. Working with your own energies is considered ‘spiritual’ and infinitely preferable compared to interacting with the energies of clients (being a tantrik). Most good Jyotishis also have a good understanding of the other energies. Interactions with the other dimensional beings is also quite risky (more tantric-ness). When you work with your self, you are sure, you can find your problems, you know the best solutions and you can resolve them completely. With clients and the others it can entangle.
When I was a child I could never understand all this, later as I grew up with my chart and planets maturing, I realised that there was no other option, I ‘saw’. Now I cannot ‘un-see’, all the places I go to, all the people I interact with, the food I eat, the sounds I hear, everything has more dimensions and thus affects me on the other dimensions too. I have to be alert, even when I sleep. The only source of energy is my spiritual practice, the Devi and her mantras. I love my Devi Kali. Whatever I do, I do it because of Her, or rather She does it through me. I leave everything in Her hands.